Centurion & Spartan

EOL

The spartan is very nice, and the kopis blades are a wonderful touch. How did you make them?

The Centurion, though, really blows my mind away. Very inspiring, and proof that not only Blood Angels can get away with pectorals crafted into their plate, lol. Would you happen to have any pics of that fella before you painted him?

Interesting conversions, solid freehand, and a subtle but striking technique for shading blue.  I think the Spartan's legs are a bit too skinny for the juggernauts that Space Marines are meant to be though.  A nice fitting style mind, just skinny.

Where are the bits from?

Centurion:

Helmet - forge world MK 3

Bode from one of the GW Masters of the chapter

Right arm and sword - ultramarines honor guard

Left arm - Palm from FW SPACE MARINE CHARACTER CONVERSION SET an the regular SM hand

and some miliput

Spartan:

Helmet - CSM tank crew

Legs & torso - regular SM but a little bit enchanced )

blades - thin pvc

and miliput

or shading blue

there is no shading, only highlghting, from regal blue to ice blue )

• 6 months later...

Lovely commander there in the top four pics.I noted you used an older style back pack, is it normally studded like that? I'm gonna have to look at mine in storage now. I really liked the cyber left hand, it sorta gives him an almost 'iron hands' type look.

As others have said, I too, love the dual spathas in the greek helmeted marines hands. How did you make those? or were they from some other manufacturer's kit?

You've pulled off the 'greek' and/or 'spartan' look nicely. I am NOT a fan of the roman style helmet crests, but you've done a good job with 'em in any case.

Please, keep working on expanding this to full squad size unit. I'd like to see further improvements as you do so.

Archived