Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 - Null Deploy (almost) Competitive List.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
187 replies to this topic

Ushtarador

Ushtarador

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,199 posts

Libby uses Gate of Infinity - and then deepstrikes with the blob to a location 24" away and doesnt scatter

wow I didn't realize that was possible. Daaaamn that's sweet! Commander Shadowsun lets them reroll the 1's to hit as well, just in case ^^ All the split fire is very cool as well, and the drones also cause pinning tests for good measure. It's als nice to know that the WHOLE BLOB has a 2+ cover save in area terrain.

Hell, and if you manage to get the charge O'shova has a cc-profile that's actually better than almost every marine -.-

Edited by Ushtarador, 27 May 2013 - 09:00 AM.

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

Sounds like a unit that is highly susceptible to S8 weapons.

The artist formerly known as Wolf_Pack

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,763 posts

Sounds like a unit that is highly susceptible to S8 weapons.

Not with a 2+ cover save, sadly. 

Shield drones too.  

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,763 posts

The list has 18 Drones if im not mistaken.  They take the majority of the incoming fire.

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Corbulo Tactica

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

The list has 18 Drones if im not mistaken.  They take the majority of the incoming fire.

Well, does that deathstar start in reserves? If not Flamers will clean out the ablative wounds. Then mop up with some brofists

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,763 posts

Well, does that deathstar start in reserves? If not Flamers will clean out the ablative wounds. Then mop up with some brofists

Assuming he's not making 4+ or 3++ saves on his drones- yup.  You can read how the game went in a bit though!  That is the theory!

Corbulo Tactica

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

Looking forward to it

CitadelArmyGuy

CitadelArmyGuy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts

Since the Librarian with TDA is in the Unit, can they still take their Jet-Pack move?  It sounds like the "can a Biker-IC turboboost while attached to a Unit of Jump Infantry who Run" all over again...

Active Duty United States Army, Alumni of The Citadel Military College. 6th Edition: 54 Win - 6 Tie - 5 Loss // 7th Edition: 10 Win - 0 Tie - 0 Loss

Nine Principles of Warfare: Objective, Offensive, Mass, Economy of Force, Maneuver, Unity of Command, Security, Surprise, Simplicity. In tabletop wargaming, 8 of 9 apply.

Military terminology: A tarpit is a Fix. A bubblewrap is a Screen. Deathstars are Shock Units. Baiting units is an Ambush. Buffing is Force Multiplication. A pre-emptive decision is a Spoiling Action. Utilizing maneuver to influence your opponent's maneuver is Diversion. Special tricks that execute in 1-2 turns are Tactics, contrasted against your over-arching approach to winning a match is Strategy.

I play Semi-Competitive because after being a true believer and disciple of Competitiveness for years, I personally feel that 6th Edition made a mockery of game balance... but I've never had more fun than I do now! I still play nails-hard and I play to Win, but nevermore at the expense of fun for my opponent. Play what you like, or you won't like to play

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,763 posts

Since the Librarian with TDA is in the Unit, can they still take their Jet-Pack move?  It sounds like the "can a Biker-IC turboboost while attached to a Unit of Jump Infantry who Run" all over again...

I think 6th ed sorted that out.  Models may move however they wish, at whatever speed, provided they remain in coherency.  

Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,763 posts

I'm just not convinced by Deep Striking Assault Marines. I see so many templates and blast weapons these days that it's just gonna end badly far too frequently. Especially as they have no priest with them to help out keeping them alive.

Sama, just wanted to report back, the assault marines were the stars of the show.  Their mobility and later game scoring won most of my games for me. Highly recommended unit.

Corbulo Tactica

SamaNagol

SamaNagol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,769 posts

Congrats on your recent performance. Interesting reads. Clearly Tau are a match up you just need to work on. The Farsight bomb has a few counters.

I was looking into trying to make a Wolf Priest with Saga of The Hunter work in a larger 1850 list to Outflank a unit. Possibly with a full strength unit of Grey Hunters or with a lump of Death Company. Something I will be playtesting over the coming weeks anyway

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,763 posts

Oddly enough I'm looking to that too!!!  Just may have to change up my list substantially to get it though. Idea i was toying with wasn't BA sadly, but Wolf Priest, squad of 10, maybe termy WG and then Lysander. 

Corbulo Tactica

SamaNagol

SamaNagol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,769 posts

I have a 1850 list that I am really confident in taking on Tau with.

Double Jaws, 3 Grey Hunters in pods with Plasma and Fist/Combi Plas TDA WGPL, 6 WG with combi weapons and one TDA with Heavy Flamer/Axe, Mephiston, Corbulo, 8 DC in a pod with Axe and Fist.

Looking forward to testing it out against the interceptor lists.

Slapping Corbulo down and DC in front of Tau Interceptors is going to be beautiful.