Greetings Fraters and Sororitas of the B+C! It's been a little while hasn't it? After finally emerging from my Librarium Heraldry Department's bunker, now that the majority of the B+C's upgrading and tweaking's been done, I figured I should finally get to work on my LPC vow and show what I've done.

For this challenge, I vowed:

I, Brother Cambrius of the LIBER ASTARTES, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 2 Captains, 1 Land Raider, 1 Vanguard Squad, 1 Rhino and 10 Sternguard of Sons of Doom and Vanquishers on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

So, here's what is going to happen to each model and which chapter it shall become that I have vowed.

Captain 1: Power Fist + Bolter (1990 Captain model) - Vanquishers Chapter

Captain 2: Counts a Sicarius - Sons of Doom (New 5th Co. Captain to replace Amorphous of the Nestir Campaign)

1 Land Raider: Godhammer Pattern "Auton's Wrath" - Sons of Doom

1 Rhino: "Argent Gauntlet" - Vanquishers

Sternguard: Squad Arralon - Vanquishers

Vanguard: Squad Solnos - Sons of Doom

+++++

And here we have what is being done first below. I've already applied some paint onto my Land Raider whilst the board was down, so that's going along smoothly and next to it stands the Rhino I intend to paint for the Vanquishers, symbols added and all to help make it pop on the battlefield:

gallery_26154_4148_1152795.png

And now onto the two Captains, I've began to work on the Vanquisher Captain, who is in fact a rescued model that once had some seriously thick green paint applied that a lot of the detail was lost. But after a good wash in some Power Spray last year, it's made a full recovery and is now finally being given its heraldry to help lead the Vanquishers on the tabletop!

I intend to make him the Captain of the 6th or 9th Company, whichever looks better with the heraldry of the chapter.

gallery_26154_4148_57232.png

And next is a close up of what is going to become my counts as Captain Sicarius. This is going to become the new Captain of the sons of Doom's 5th Company, replacing the fallen Captain Amorphous form the Nestir Campaign. I am thinking of naming the character as Captain "Basalus the Hooded" to give him a little bit more character:

gallery_26154_4148_264244.png

And that's all for now! I'll post pictures of the Vanguard and Sternguard in the future when further progress is made on their commanders!

Cambrius

Well, an update from me, I have worked further on the 1990s Captain and he'll be ready for washes and fine detailing later on today!

I've decided to name him Captain Tarn, who leads the Vanquishers' 9th Company, since that stance looks exactly like something a leader of the Heavy Support reserve elements would do in battle. I'm looking forwards to seeing how he looks amongst a squad of Devastators whenever I get around to doing them:

gallery_26154_4148_113332.png

gallery_26154_4148_70729.png

+++++

I'm currently working out now what kind of backpack to give him. I am debating whether to give him a Devastator Sergeant's backpack would work, as it'd befit his status as Captain of the 9th Company, or to give him a classic old style backpack with a banner added.

Opinions/ideas guys?

Cambrius

Well brothers, I am very happy to report further progress with the completion of Captain Tarn of the Vanquishers' 9th Company:

gallery_26154_6860_128049.png

gallery_26154_6860_241600.png gallery_26154_6860_189729.png

I decided to give him a Devastator backpack in the end, as it fitted and suited the model perfectly. I tried a little bit of freehand with the crimson skull on his right kneepad, along with the fist symbol on his shoulderpad and the =][= symbol on the white skull on his left leg, which represents his time period fighting alongside Inquisitor Heliones as a Veteran Sergeant, during the Purging of Malaphrax.

I have also began to apply a basecoat of metal onto the Vanquishers' Rhino as well, now that I have completed Capt. Tarn:

gallery_26154_4148_192992.png

+++++

And that's it for now, I'm currently working on my Vanguard and Sternguard veterans, which as ever, are custom ones heavily kitbashed by me to add a unique flavour to them.

Comments are welcome as ever!

Cambrius

Archived