Iron Reavers, Unforgiven

Izzuan

So, I've been meaning to do this for a while now...a place to put my WIP's. But instead of just WIP models...how about some WIP fluff too! Hope yall enjoy, pictures will be added at appropriate places. Feed back on both the writing and models will both be GREATLY appreciated.

Chapter 1: Future, Imperfect

Multiple Warp Translations Detected....

"Identify."

Inquisitorial Vessel Vargoss' Might...

Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator XVC-100011100...

Imperial Guard Transport Valhalta...

Imperial Guard Transport Achimemtes...

"Plot projected course."

Projecting....

Projected course plotted...Translation vectors indicate destination as current planetary location. 

"Estimated time of arrival?"

Estimating...

Approximately six days, thirteen hours, 27 minutes, 41 seconds....

Degree of accuracy: Plus or Minus two minutes, three point five five seven seconds.

"Initiate Obscura Totalis."

Confimation required: Vox print analysis required...

"For the Lion, and for the Emperor."

Vox print confirmed...

Obscura Totalis initiating....

Thank you Chapter Master Sartre.

+++System Shutting Down+++

-----Command Deck, Vargoss' Might, Orbiting planet Charamia -------

" Captain, what do the auspex sweeps show?"

" Readings are muzzy sir. Possible power sources, possible construction, possible life forms. Only thing we can tell for sure is that the planet is there, the air is breathable, and gravity is one point seven five times Terra normal." The captain smiles slightly, "Course, we knew that much from reading the file on the planet." The inquisitor could not help but smile. He could have this captain killed for his impudence, but that never was his style. Good help is so very hard to find these days, so certain allowances could allways be made. "So your saying that the only thing that can be said with any certainty is that this is in fact the home world of the Iron Reavers?" The inquisitor's tone made it clear that he allready knew the answer to this question. "Aye sir, or at least thats what the auto-vox buoys around the system edge transmitted. Course, they also say that unauthorized entry to the system will be met with deadly force, so take that for what its worth."

Looking at the pict screen, Inquisitor Gramt stared down at Charamia. For over seven hundred and fifty years this planet, this whole sub sector has been cut off from the Imperium due to warp storms.  It takes far less time than that for planets, entire systems, to fall from the Emperor's light. In that kind of darkness, even Astartes can lose their way. It was an ominous sign that there had been no ships sent to intercept them, nor any responses to their Voxcasts. The Iron Reavers were documented to have at least two Battle Barges, and while records were sketchy, it was estimated that they had at least six strike cruisers at their disposal.  And they were an older chapter, founded between the fifth and ninth foundings. A proud history of duty and service to the Imperium, with victories stretching back as far as the Garoffel Crusade, the Eradication of the Xinthaka, and the Ninth Black Crusade.

"Well, since the ships auspexes seem to be less than helpfull, prepare one of the landers. I"ll take a squad with me, and I'll have a look around."

-----Planet Surface, Charamia -----

"Looks like a grox fracking warzone down here!"

Hacking up a distinctly unpleasant sounding glob, Colonel Harven of the Arcorran Thirty Second let the barrel of his hellgun follow the course of his eyes. "I'm tellin' ya boss, if what we saw from the lander was any clue, there aint nothing living on this planet." With a sharp glare Gramt turned to the soldier, " I'll be making those decisions, Colonel." With a dismissive turn of his head, Gramt began to walk towards the rockrete and ferroplas wreckage that outlined the first defensive rings of the fortress monastery. The Colonel did have a point though. Imperial records had stated that Charamia was a habitable planet, and while not by any means verdant, was comfortable. Multiple large landmasses with varying ecosystems ranging from jungle enviroment to arid deserts, deep vibrant seas full of life, and three thriving metropolitan centers. What the inquisitor saw from the lander as they made their descent was nothing like the records. The terrain was blasted and cratered, littered with wreckage. The smell as the inquisitor took his first breaths was like a that of a corpse rotted to dust within a coffin. This world smelled of death, and Gramt did not like that at all. 

As Gramt and his stormtroopers moved towards the monastery on foot, they passed many wrecked vehicles. Some were clearly Astartes, others defense forces that the Reavers trained and supplied.  But one vehicle, a rhino transport, stood out. Upon closer inspection, Gramt commanded his soldiers to back away. Without question, and as one, the stormtroopers turned on their heels and took up a cordon twenty five paces Gramt. After a few muttered words, Gramt called for the colonel. Hushed words were said back and forth, and before long the inquisitor and the colonel were headed back to the rest of the troopers. An alternate route was found, and nothing was said of the incident. Minutes later at the suspect vehicle, if anyone had been there to see, the detonation of the melta charges would have illuminated for the briefest moment an eight pointed star.

The closer to the monastery they got, the more vicious and heavy the fighting appeared to have been. Whole buildings pulverised to dust, craters of glass making travel dangerous in places.  Rockcrete walls seven meters thick with ragged holes punched through them. The weapons damage was erratic. Evidence of weapons ranging from lasguns and autoguns, the expected bolters, plasma weapons, melta armaments, and weaponry far more exotic. Slowly night began to fall, and Gramt made the decision to push forward. The monastery wasnt far ahead now, and inside it's walls all of his questions would surely be answered.  Though power was out for the surrounding areas, as night fell the monastery began to light up. It's armored shell breached and broken in a hundred places, the monastery bled soft light like a mortally wounded beast. Hellguns at the ready, the troopers advanced into the entry hall. Bootfalls echoed from the quiet stone as the soldiers investigated, finding many barred or barricaded doors. Some of the doors had been battered down or torn apart. Yet more ominous still were the doors that remained barricaded. Gramt was not yet ready to investigate behind those doors, for he had suspicions of what could still be lurking behind those doors.

Deeper and deeper into the monastery, the inquisitor let his instincts guide him through the maze like passages. Finally, when he was ready to give up and admit defeat for the moment, the passage opened up into a softly lit chamber. This room had been fortified heavily, and the fighting had been fiercest here. makeshift barricades and fire points had been broken and spintered under who knows how much firepower. As Gramt reached the far side of the chamber, a slight gasp escaped his lips. Five dreadnoughts were scattered in a loose semi circle around the exit to the chamber. All of them were clearly nonfunctional, with some of them missing legs, arms, and the entire casket of one having been been blown clean through. "Last stand eh boss? Looks like they put up one hell of a fight before they bit it though." Nodding thoughtfully, lost deep in thought, the Gramt mused aloud, "But I wonder what could be so valuable that you would have five dreadnoughts guarding it..." Looking up above the door, Gramt saw a large plaque above the door. Futura custodit praeterito. The future guards the past. For a long moment Gramt stared at the plaque, not understanding. Sudenly, his face split with a grin as a let loose a whoop of victory. All the troopers were startled, never having seen the inquisitor in such a state. "This is it! The heart of the fortress! Down this hall, we'll find out what happened!" Rushing forward for a few steps, Gramt stops and composes himself. Calling over his shoulder, "Colonel. You, Stevens, and Jones are with me. Jefferson, Scotts, and Rickard, explore the area."

Traveling down the hallway, they pass by alcoves with statues of the chapters greatest heroes. Giants clad in the power of gods, each statue is that of an Astartes clad in Tactical Dreadnought Armour. Just as Gramt is about to comment on the statues he glances a pair of adamantium doors engraved with the winged sword motif of the Reavers, and of their parent chapter and legion, as well as sudden movement. The two troopers taking point ahead of the inquisitor were not so lucky. Before they could even react, sentry guns unfolded from the ceiling in front of the door, their assault cannons shredding the troopers in a hail of diamantine tipped slugs. An eery silence drifts over the hallwas as just moments before the deafening roar of the cannons had drowned out the universe. Taking his seal from his coat pocket, he gradually leaned his hand out around the corner so the seal would be visible to the systems sensors, "By order of the Emperor's holy inquisition I...." his words were drowned out as the sentry guns sensed the movement and opened fire, shredding the corner. "Boss, with all due respect I dont think they care."

Unclipping all of his grenades, and his last remaining melta charge, the Colonel used the webbing from his grenade harness to bundle all the munitions together. Priming all of them, he waited for just a moment, then threw the deadly bundle around the corner. With a bonejarring crump that the inquisitor felt, rather than heard, smoke billowed around the corner. Finally, as the smoke cleared, the inquisitor peaked around the corner. The doors were intact, but the sentry guns had been reduced to a shattered wreck. Rapid boot steps came up the hall, and although muffled, Gramt could somewhat understand what the troopers were asking. "No, we're fine. Lost Stevens and Jones. Sentry gun. Apparently the fighting had been stopped before it got this far. You three, go back up and hold the entrance. We should be fine now." As the three other troopers leave, Gramt confidently walks around the corner, stepping over the devastated bodies of  Stevens and Jones. Walking up to the door, Gramt stares at the lock. "Now...how do I get at your secrets?"

Time passes, and in an effort to keep the troopers busy, Gramt voxes the troopers, requesting that they ready the dreadnoughts for transport, or at least as much as they are capable of doing. They're remaining onboard systems could contain valuable data, and these particular ones look especially old. Their task complete, the troopers vox the inquisitor, " Sir. All four dreadnoughts are prepared for transport. You can tell the Mechs they can come get them when ever they're ready." Gramt nodded, for a moment, engrossed in the lock. None of his tools would work. Every time he would bypass one part, another security device would be behind it. "Good, Good. Why dont you get some...Wait, did you say four dreadnoughts? There were five." No response. "Jefferson, respond. Thats an order." Hellgun at his shoulder, the colonel and Gramt head back down the hall only to be met in by a grisly sight in the previously quiet chamber. Jefferson, Rickard, and Scotts mangled bodies laying in heaps in the floor. Shocked by the sight before him,  Gramt almost didnt hear the splurt and sizzle as a power sword slipped through the Colonel's chest. However, there is no way he could have missed the thud as he dropped lifeless to the ground. In one fluid motion, the inquisitor stepped away, spun, and drew his sidearm. On pure reflex, he fired three times, only to hear the rounds detonate against the ceramite plates of the steel gray suit of Tactical Dreadnought armour.

The last thing Gramt heard was a voice distorted by the speaker grill saying, " You were not authorized to enter here."

---- Planet Charamia, Astropathic Interface Station, Some time later ----

"The Message has been sent. It won't be as clear as if an actual choir had sent the message, but it WILL get to where it's going. I just hope we made the right choice Sartre."

"The Iron Council suggested it, and we both agreed. We woke them up for their wisdom did we not? There was going to be no way to hide what happened from that Inquisitor. I regret the neccessity, but remember Solomon, there is more at stake than just the lives lost on those ships. Now we have the time to rebuild, to seek retribution for what has happened, and to make the ones responsible repent."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew!  Alot more to it than I first thought. stuck at work for an extra 4 hours tonight, so dont have any WIP pics...but I will have some tommorrow to go along with the next part...

Chapter 2: Past, Indomnitable

Ok, since this thread is going to be a WIP for both the Fluff and the pics, I"ve been working out just what the schedule to post different stuff would be...so heres my plan: Wednesdays: Models/Terrain/Stuff Fridays: Writing! and since today is wednesday...

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_6B419A6E-280E-4136-88CE-798F2C09D59A-2645-000002B61953D33D_zpsb4a9a351.jpg

My LS Vengeance, Reaver's Fury.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_D1CABE3D-213C-4795-B890-658F3B06D881-2645-000002B62044F7CE_zps3e17089a.jpg

LS Typhoon, "Reaver" pattern. She has not earned her name in battle yet.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_10D715AB-0E58-4AB1-9C32-6F45079DB58E-2645-000002B627FA429B_zps9a678efb.jpg

LS Typhoon, Standard pattern. She has not earned her name in battle yet, although she did blow a TL-LC off of a hell brute this week :-)

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_DE167B09-4BCB-4CF0-82E9-AA6DB9749CEE-2645-000002B62E55B6D4_zps0eb2d8a0.jpg

Interrogator Chaplain Arcturo, High Chaplain of the Iron Reavers, First Member of the Iron Triumvirate.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_82A10E29-3787-4C91-AADA-CC473B1A9EF3-2645-000002B637AA6D37_zps7dedf137.jpg

Chief Librarian Solomon, Master Librarian of the Iron Reavers, Second Member of the Iron Triumvirate. (sorry about this pic being bad...will provide more pics later which will be better smile.png )

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_FB928EAF-A45E-4DF4-BE53-F9C34D7C3EE3-2645-000002B66EBD92C3_zps0cfcfc95.jpg

Reavaris Praetoris. First Company, First Squad. First amongst equals. Only the most proven, only the most trusted of the Reavers can even dream of being called Praetoris. The trials are brutal, and few that attempt them are accepted. The trials are secret, and those who complete them are sworn to not reveal them. Those that fail...are not seen again.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_2C01134A-8595-4AD6-8A5E-F077DFE24093-2645-000002B68AC75BDB_zpse9d77fd7.jpg

Reavaris Primaris. Where the Triumvarite goes, the Primaris are but a step away. These proud warriors are not just the Triumvirate's bodyguard, but their confidants and closest advisors.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_E7A46CBA-EE97-4AD6-A174-340BFFA27968-2645-000002B67BDFD40D_zps33259d33.jpg

Primaris Champion. To attain this position, The first companies mightiest warrior is chosen. Bravest, fastest, strongest. Unstoppable. The Primaris Champion embodies all it means to be an Iron Reaver. When a member of the first company ascends to this postion, his name is ritually stripped from him. From that moment on, he answers only to Champion.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_6530DA00-525A-400E-A396-39A71EDF51E5-2645-000002B6757A2F6F_zps97aa79a1.jpg

Reavaris Standard Bearer. Not a whole lot to say. The Reavaris banner has been born by a great many of the chapters greatest heroes.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_0A54030E-516A-41E5-A600-00F25003CD0C-2645-000002B66241D1B7_zpsad83e299.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_EB1CFEC6-56D7-4A3B-8E5D-26D4DD6BB18B-2645-000002B65B11AED0_zps68d5da78.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_FED0EE12-5489-4858-8508-C1A8892946D6-2645-000002B65412E931_zpse16fa61f.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_5558D8E5-7875-46AA-BB8B-571A6934887C-2645-000002B64DF6BEE3_zps84bcdc85.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_191EC732-9554-405F-9D74-582D625F665C-2645-000002B6464571FE_zps4deb31da.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_764F4F82-31E8-4D16-A233-FF82380B157F-2645-000002B63F328EDA_zpsa57e4a1c.jpg

Various terminators. Got my Reaver pattern Plasma cannons in there...Brother Bartholomew with his bionic chainfist arm...and a couple other chainfisters that had (what I thought) sweet positions on the arms.

Anyhow...Fluff will be coming Friday, and maybe some (more) paint on these guys by next wednesday :-)

Chapter 2: Past, Indomitable

Planet Karatan, Southern Continent, Subsector Orolla, Eastern Fringe, M40.633

----------------------------------------------------------------

They came from beneath the ground. No warning, no demands, no challenges. One day everything is normal, and then at exactly noon, the ground under the largest city on the northern continent began to crack and open. From the rents in the ground poured metallic horrors that drove the first people to see them insane. They didnt have long to enjoy the luxury of losing their minds, for their lives were quickly taken from them. Then their flesh was flensed, the better to infiltrate the masses. Behind them followed rank upon rank of gleaming fiends, eyes glowing green and weapons discharging emerald lightning at any living thing that moved.  In three days time there were no living beings within ten kilometers of Torvotto.

A message was sent as the Necrons laid siege to the northern continent's space port. An astropathic plea, laced with desperation and dread, begging for someone to come and save them from these undying horrors. The senders would never know if their plea had been answered, for mere moments after it was sent the Choristers were slain in blazes of arcane lightning. But the message was heard, and a ship in the cold dark void changed course. By the time the Iron Hunter reached Karatan, the Necrons had marched across the northern continent, and were working their wasy into the southern continent. Karatan's warriors were brave and noble, fearless. But they were only human. Every day the Necrons pushed further south, and every day more brave men and women gave their lives to try and stop them.  The Iron Reaver strike force had been returning home from purifying a planet of an ork infestation, but they were the only ship close enough to make it in time. A quick assessment was made, and the strike force took to their Thunderhawks within an hour of reaching orbit.

Descending on plumes of flame, the strike force roared down like avenging angels. Deploying directly into a battle in progress, the Reavers unleashed torrents of fire from the thunderhawks arsenals. With their signature ferocity, they slammed into the Necron force. Unprepared, they fell like wheat before the scythe. For the first time on Karatan, the Soulless Ones had been stopped, if only for this one battle. As the last Necron on the field dissipated, a great cheer rose up amongst the defenders. That day, their faith had been renewed. If only it was to last. Time after time, no matter how hard the Reavers struck, no matter the bravery of the planets warriors, the Necrons were implacable. Day after day, they attacked and attacked. Regardless of losses, their numbers seemed endless. And the defenders, native and Astartes, were still human with limited numbers. A decision was made. All remaining forces would fall back to the Planetary Defence Force's fortress base of operations in the southern continent. The strike force's techmarines would go ahead of the main force, and begin preparing the defenses. The Iron Hunter sent messages for relief, for additional forces, but none on the ground had hope of salvation arriving in time. 

The siege had lasted for thirteen days. On the thirteenth day, the Soulless Ones made their big push. The strike force bought as much time as they could, devising traps and ambushes, making lightning raids against the foe. Anything to slow them down, and possibly learn a weakness, any chink  in their armour. Only so much was known about these horrors from the beginning of time, and none of it was comforting. Weapons that defied the laws of physics, bodies that could repair themselves no matter how much damage was dealt to them.  And when they finally would die, the bodies and wreckage would dissipate into thin air, leaving little to be learned. One of the Iron Reavers' Tenets Reavaris was "Information is ammunition." and Commander Valdor felt like he was working with empty mags. Not to mention that the actual ammo was running out. If the relief force didnt arrive soon to break the siege, there wouldnt be much of a siege left to break.  As the twelve days before, the pattern was the same. First, beetle like constructs, swarming the fortress, trying to degrade the defenses. The scarabs would be fought off with flame units, causing the scarabs to burst from the inside as they shorted out form the intense heat. Then the warriors would come, lightning blazing from their weapons. As the warriors would be beaten back, larger more powerfull Necrons would stride forward, more powerfull weapons blazing streams of reality defying energy. Along side these Immortal warriors would stride six legged spider like constructs, piloted by one of the soulless. Blazing lances of energy would stream from these war machines, scorching anything they touched and turning flesh, metal, and even armor plas and rockcrete to ash and cinders. After countless waves, as the sun would start to set the necron attack would just suddenly stop, and the Necrons would begin a fighting retreat.

But on this day, it was different. Instead of falling back, the Soulless ones kept coming. And as they came, long shadows were thrown by a new weapon. Tall Pyramids made of black metal, lit from inside with a hellish green glare. These abominations moved silently, the only sound being the crackle of their weapons charging. Missiles roared from the fortress impacting against the first of these monoliths. Even as the blasts exploded in great gouts of fire, the monolith didnt stop, or even slow. More and more munitions and ordnance lanced out from the fortress, and still it came. Finally, it entered its own weapons range, and with a crack like thunder a blast of green energy streaked from the pinnacle of the monolith. Smashing into the eastern wall, the energy tore into the armor plas, shattering and buckling the rockrete masonry even as the armour plas dissolved into its component atoms. When the blinding energy faded, a hole thirty meters across was torn deep into the fortress. Continuing to fire upon the monolith with everything at their disposal, a lucky missile struck the crystal at the top of the monolith even as it was at the pinnacle of its charge cycle for another blast. With an earth shattering cascade of roars, the monolith exploded into hundreds of flaming shards. A roaring cheer went up from the defenders, only to go silent as more of the things drifted into sight.

"Well, if i"m going to the Emperor's side, then I cant think of any day better than today!" They were going to die. The last of their rockets had been used to bring the one monolith down, their mela charges expended, their thunderhawks shot down in the early days of the siege. And they're relief, even if the chapter is able to spare the men, they won't arrive in time. It was over. But no son of the Lion, and especially not an Iron Reaver, would surrender. Opening a strike force wide channel, the Commander began to chant the Litanies of Iron. "Purge the alien!"  "They must die!", as the battered remnants of the strike force began to pull together, putting themselves on a suicidal last charge against the Necron lines. "Suffer not the witch to live!" "They are the curse!" , "Abhor the traitor!" " His Life is forfeit!" . With the final verse and response, their psycho indoctrination will fully trigger and the battle drugs will race through their veins. They will feel no pain, and they will die glorious deaths. "We are..." The Commander's words were interrupted by the voice of High Chaplain Arcturo, "The Lion's claws."

From above drop pods streak down to land with a bone rattling crunch amongst the necron forces. Thunderhawks clear debarkation points, hovering for a moment to release their payload before taking back to the air to strafe the necron lines. Nephilim fighters and Dark Talons dart this way and that pouring lascannon and bolter fire, as well as more esoteric weaponry, into the soulless ones lines.

Wading into battle, underneath his helmet, hidden from everyone the Commander smiles and thinks to himself, Well....I guess I wont be going to the Emperor's side today after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was fun! hope yall enjoy reading it as much as i did writing it! Would have had it up earlier, but work can be a pain some nights.!

Next week, Chapter 3: Present, Obscura.

Picture Time!!!!

I got the 7 Chain fist terminators (chain-fisters?), their sergeant, and the command squad done.

All hail the Lion!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_F0C20627-51D4-4410-9157-2E36F2ADC18C-272-00000030E8C54781_zps17810be8.jpg

The champion

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_7EEB36FC-F617-4B9F-9B10-F03E94035E8F-272-00000030F1CC8693_zps5be614cd.jpg

Termie with Lightning Claws...cause their awesome?

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_294BF5C9-68F3-46A2-8EE5-D32E350D1CBA-272-00000030F7FD02E7_zps0430fae3.jpg

standard bearer, more pics of standard to come. Love this pose...he's like "Come at me Cleetus!"

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_AF683B27-20A4-4DAB-AE5A-425AC7BA655C-272-00000031038693C6_zps89f86424.jpg

Doc Brown, the Apothecary.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_45649BE3-4A41-450A-ABDD-9D5B0E37F1E3-272-000000310A992C6C_zpsd68dc5ba.jpg

Cyclone Missile Launcher....loads of fun to paint, freaking LOVE the look.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_40DCAEFD-468C-4567-8A4D-7DB277C58342-272-0000003113778549_zps427011d9.jpg

Sergeant Alonso, Devastator Sergeant.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_6F7FF1F2-7B32-404A-A590-B95546021CD1-272-00000031196879B4_zps8f560d13.jpghttp://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_D2C3863E-62A3-428E-8F71-568726A9F7FF-272-00000031264E1645_zpsb9a1158b.jpg

Banner front and back. Havent decided what I'm gonna do on the front of the banner.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_C0FF0037-500C-484A-BC29-933F407DD2F3-272-00000031341B6CE1_zpsda838dd9.jpg

Term Sergeant

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_62BD4DFB-D04F-42B4-BC58-54097E86024A-272-000000314523664B_zps3f248bbf.jpg

Bionic Chainfist!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_B026AD3E-BB78-4E40-8466-914FBAA883FF-272-0000003151895C22_zpsad0f16b1.jpg

I love this pose. not sure why.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_AD8FF6F0-2006-4A79-AF18-8188C6238EAA-272-0000003165D68E0E_zpse35eb151.jpg

And this is the Samuel L. Jackson. Chain blade down, bolter out, he's all like "Who's gonna F with me?"

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/th_EF5A44C5-904A-441B-8107-E536332031EF-272-0000003178EFA929_zps8c495eaa.jpg

And the rest of the Fister crew (I feel dirty just saying that...)

anyhow, hopefully more fulff on friday, and more pics by next wednesday :)

Fluff incoming...maybe some tonight, definitely some tommorrow.

In the meanwhile...I got paid (yay me!) so I'm trying to decide what my next purchase should be. guess I"ll give yall a run down of what I have in the way of assets, and I might be able to get a little advice :)

2x Tactical squads (multiple sergeants, 2 of each heavy weapon, one melta gun toting marine, one carrying a plasmagun)

1x devastator sergeant with the above mentioned heavy weapons marines (any who arent used in the tacs can double as devs)

3x librarians (2 DV ones with an axe and a sword, one in TDA with a force staff and stormbolter)

2x Chappy/Int-Chappy (DV limited ed one, TDA Chaplain)

3x Company Masters (2 DV, one with an axe other with a sword and an AOBR captain thats been repainted )

2x razorbacks with TLLC

1x Rhino with extra storm bolter

2x drop pods with storm bolters

1x Whirlwhind

1x Vindicator

1x Landraider Godhammer pattern

1x dreadnought with TLLC arm, Ass-Can, Plasma Can, and TLHB (heavy flamer on the melee arm)

6x DV bikers with two plasma guns

1x Neph Jetfighter (converted from a Storm Talon)

5x Company vets that I got in a trade (two plasmaguns, two of them are currently weaponless, one has a chainsword and the other hand needs a weap)

2x terminator sergeants (one with storm bolter and power sword, one with Thunder hammer and his storm shield should be here next week lol)

5x Deathwing Knights and Knight Master (converted from DV terms)

2x Plasma Cannon Terms (converted from DV Ass-Can terms)

2x DV  Ass-Can Terms

7x Terms with Chainfists (4 DV, 3 conversions

1x Deathwing Command Squad (Apoth, Champ, Cyclone Missile Launcher with sb/p-fist, Paired Claws (holes in back for standard), Standard bearer (SB/PFist)

2x regular (unmolested yet) DV terms

.....Well, think thats everything. I have a pretty wide spread of stuff that I can run, just not sure where to go next lol.

Well .....

a fantastic read(couple of typo's but hey) the start was very well done,you could really picture it in your mind,i enjoyed it immensely,good atmosphere and well worded.

your models are good but i'd drill the barrels on your storm bolters tongue.png

do you have chapter colors etc done ? and where are the missles from on the reaver landspeeder?

really good stuff,

cheers Mithril

Well .....

a fantastic read(couple of typo's but hey) the start was very well done,you could really picture it in your mind,i enjoyed it immensely,good atmosphere and well worded.

your models are good but i'd drill the barrels on your storm bolters tongue.png

do you have chapter colors etc done ? and where are the missles from on the reaver landspeeder?

really good stuff,

cheers Mithril

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it, and hopefully further installments can live up to the first one. The second installment did not come out as well as I had hoped...but it's needed for further chapters lol.

I'm getting round to drilling those barrels...just gotta get my dremmel back from the M.I.L.'s house lol.

The Reaver Pattern Typhoon's missiles are the missile bits from my Storm Talon, some bits of sprue, and some air mattress patch pieces that I glued over the top to give it a smooth look. I tried to just use the sprue, but I just couldnt get it to look right.

The Reavers have two color patterns:

The Reaver Lords (First company) have boltgun metal for the majority color, black on the shoulders/knee down, Gold helms/weaponry, and then gold accenting any spiffy or ornate parts.

The Battle Companies have a primary color of a medium blue (its called Sapphire Blue, its a cheapy metallic color I fell in love with when I found it at my local Walmart...so of course they've ran out/stopped making it...I have found a replacement, just non metallic. Think its labeled...true blue?) , black from the knees down and the shoulders, trimmed in gold on the shoulders. Helm, back pack, and belt in gold, weapons in bolt gun(lead belcher now >.<), extra flourishes added as needed on a per model basis. Chest symbols also done in gold. (the aquilla should ALLWAYS be gold! grrr!!!)

Thinking about inverting the battle company color scheme for my "Ravenwing" but I havent decided on a name for them yet, so there is that too. Suggestions are allways appreciated, and feedback (positive OR negative) is allways appreciated!

The blue armor could be done by painting boltgun metal and highlighting up with chainmail,mithril etc(or whatever the new color names are) then washing with the new GW washes...a blue one of course teehee.gif it may speed up your work and still look very metallic as well...also maybe use some of the washes on the golds as they look too stark at the moment and perhaps(just my opinion)paint the bolter/storm bolter casings in black as a good contrast to the goldish metal parts...

and thanks for the info on the missle pods,i dont have a Storm Talon yet so had no idea where the pods came from blush.png

keep up the writing and modeling

mithril

Hmmmmm.....I may go for black on the bolter casings...not a bad idea. Was thinking either going back with black, a dark green (calibanite heritage!) or silver. Dunno why, but I have a thing for metallics :)

So i missed last friday's fluff piece, and wednesdays pics....but theres actually a reason! As i was writing friday, i realized that the fluff piece wouldnt make much since without some of the chapter knowledge that was still locked in my skull, so that will be coming tonight (will prolly edit all that into this post). And there'll be LOTS of lics tonight when i get home...promise!

No need to send the chaplains after me...i know my way to 42 ;-)

Better late than never eh? On with the show!!

=================Chapter 3: Present, Obscura=================

+++ System Awakening....

+++ System Awake. What Is Your Bidding?

"Coalesce all information concerning Iron Reavers Chapter."

+++ Access Level 1 Granted.

+++ Coalescing Information Now. Please Wait....

+++ Please Wait...

+++ Please Wait...

+++ Coalescing Complete. Display Method?

" Rune screen."

+++ Acknowledged. Displaying Access Level 1 Data Now...

The figure leaned forward on his chair, his white robe swishing slightly as his eyes scanned the information on the screen.

+++ NAME: Iron Reavers

+++ Base of Operations:  Charamia, Sector Valorious, Sub Sector Orolla

+++ Founding: 7th founding

+++ Primogenitor: Lion El'Johnson

+++ Chapter Details: The Iron Reavers are one of the older chapters, founded in the 7th founding. Based on the planet Charamia with is microcosm of eco systems and varying dangerous life forms, it was felt that it would be suitable for the Fortress Monastery and a central base of operations and training. In battle the Iron Reavers are grim and determined, refusing to give an inch to the foe and forcing enemies to pay many times over for every loss of their own.  Secretive by their nature, it is rare for the Iron Reavers to take to the field alongside any allies save fellow "Unforgiven" chapters. However, the Iron Reavers have been seen to intentionally seek out battlefields where Space Wolves are present, with the intention of striking down the Wolves' foes before they can. When questioned about that peculiarity, the Iron Reavers refuse to reply, but some scholars believe it has something to do with an incident dating back to the Great Crusade. This peculiarity has so far been overlooked by the High Lords of Terra due to the Iron Reavers outstanding service record, with the Iron Reavers having been instrumental in the successfull conclusion of the Garoffel Crusade, and their near single handed extermination of hte Xinthaka. During the 9th Black crusade, the Iron Reavers 3rd Company held a strategically vital forward  point on the planet Okton IV, suffering catastrophic losses in the process, for four weeks as additional Marine Chapters and Guard Regiments were moved into position to strike deep into Abbadon's forces and thus force them back to the Eye of Terror. Contact with the Iron Reavers, and the whole of the Orolla subsector has been cut off since [Censored by order of the Inquisition] due to an unusually strong and long lasting warp storm. It must be assumed that the Iron Reavers are still doing the Emperor's work, for to imagine a chapter with as glorious and illustrious a past as the Iron Reavers falling to the Ruinous Powers is simply unthinkable.

+++ Information Display Complete...

"Display information access level 2."

+++ Identity Verification Required...

"Behold the Truth and you shall see."

+++ Identity Verified.  Coalescing Information...

+++ Information Coalesced...

+++ Displaying on Rune Screen...

As the hooded figure watched the screen, columns of numbers streamed down the screen. Troop numbers, ammunition counts, vehicle listings...anything that could be counted and tallied had been. Of course, these numbers were woefully out of date since no reports had been received from Charamia since the storm descended over six hundred years ago.

"Coalesce information level three."

+++ Identity Verification Required...Submit DNA For Analysis...

a slim mechadendrite extends from below the console, a needle extended. Like a striking viper the dendrite buries deep in the figure's forearm. After a moment the dendrite and needle retract back into the machine.

+++ Identity Confirmed...Thank You Librarian. Praise To The Lion.

+++ Information Coalescing Please Wait...

+++ Information Coalesced...

+++ Displaying on Rune Screen...

+++ Details Of Iron Reaver Project. Access Of Information Has Been Logged.

+++ Founding: 21st founding.

+++ Geneseeds used: Lion El'Johnson, <Censored>, <Censored>, <Censored>.

+++ Project Summary: Iron Reaver project was designed to create superior Uforgiven for the Hunt. The mix of <censored> geneseed created an unusual enhancement to the phenotype. Initially the recruits are extremely succeptible to hypno-training and Telepathic manipulation. By the time the recruits have developed fully, the programming is complete and effective. Tests show that without the hard coded telepathic blocks removed, they are able to fight and apprehend targets, yet will retain no long term memory of the target. All other memories will form normally, but the target will not be identifiable. With the proper rituals and psycho doctrination, the blocks can be removed slowly and in the proper order. Any attempts to remove the blocks any other way causes instant death to the subject.  This could provide us with entire companies of marines who can join in on the Hunt, and are not an exposure risk. This also allows the recruits to be taught our whole history, only to have it returned to them piece by piece as they prove worthy. There is a small percent of the subjects who experienced spontaneous regression through the blocks and walls, however the biological kill routines did not fail and the subjects who spontaneously removed their own blocks died within moments of the issue thus causing no threat of exposure. It is highly recommended the false history we have created is inserted not only into recordium on Terra, but inserted into the chapter itself as well. All spontaneous regressions have been caused by exposure to the chapter's true history. The founding Brothers who will be chosen to train the first cadres of the Iron Reavers will be interred into Dreadnoughts to ensure that they can continue to watch over the chapter for the forseeable future. Any of those brothers that are killed, or is unable to continue his duty he will be replaced with the current chapter master. What ever steps needed will be taken at that time to ensure that no suspicions are aroused by the internment of the Chapter Master. Once interned, all of the psychic and hypno blocks will be removed, and the Dreadnought will be informed of the true history of the chapter. It has been shown that the interface with the Dreadnoughts systems prevents the biokill programming from terminating it's occupant. That combined with the strength of character of the Chapter Master leads us to believe that only this "Iron Council" have the capability to fully comprehend what the chapter is. To all other members, they will remain merely Unforgiven.

"Terminate display."

+++ Display Terminated

" Shift all access level three data to memory core Alpha-4."

+++ Shifting Data. Please Wait...

+++ Data Shift Completed.

" Eject memory core Alpha-4, and then erase all access level three data pertaining to the Iron Reavers Chapter."

+++ Core Ejected. Data Erasing. Please Wait....

+++ Data Erasing. Please Wait....

+++ Data Erasing. Please Wait....

+++ Data Erased.

"System, deactivate systems. Erase access logs. Authorization omega seven,"

+++System deactivating. Thank you Chief Librarian Ezekiel.

Once the system shut down, Ezekiel stood pondering the bank of crystals and wires for just a moment. Raising his hand, a single bolt of white lightning struck the stacks, dancing across the crystals. As it moved, some crystals went dark as they over loaded. Once the energy played itself out, Ezekiel stood for a moment more inhaling the scent of ozone, and then turned and began to walk away, a single data core in his hand. It would be a long time before anyone came this way, and even longer before anyone looked for any of the information stored here...everything would keep going according to plan.

==================================================================================================

So, I couldnt help it...I had to do at least one name drop, cause whats some fan fic without at least one?

Comments, Questions, Suggestions, DIAF comments? leavem, I needs the feedback!

Good stuff smile.png It's an interesting twist that the Chapter is actually younger than it's officially recorded to be. Most home brew chapters (including my own) tend to work the other way round. Making them members of the Cursed Founding is a nice idea too (off the top of my head, none of the official Cursed Chapters are DA successors) and it's intriging that the Unforgiven may have been involved with the experiments of the 21st. Maybe a bit disturbing that marines (a pretty valuable resource) can drop dead when their memories return unexpectedly, but then this is the Cursed Founding we're talking about smile.png

Once again, nice work and I look forward to reading more.

Models are excellent too btw.

Thanks Spaced! with the chapter being younger I just thought that this is the Dark Angels we're talking about here. If anyone could pull off this cover up, they could. That was actually one of the first fluff bits I thought up for them.

The hard part was trying to figure out WHY the Unforgiven would cover up when they were founded. The rest of it just sorta flowed from there.

More pics Monday night! Just working on a few minor touches before I show anything else off :)

Wednesday means....PICTURE TIME!!! A large amount of my Final Vow is complete...gonna post some pics here and there, and once the rest of it is finished everything will be posted in one nice post. but for now...new pics!

LS Vengeance!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/B780609B-BF0F-49DB-AD77-E82429F97228-3209-0000060554766CF4_zps1098b0d1.jpg

Whirlwind!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/1476FE29-282B-45C0-8C42-07D06921B19C-3209-0000060549DF8590_zps20815a8d.jpg

Lazback 1!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/DFE2EFAB-28D9-4495-9420-0374C2D5EC1F-3209-000006054441E59D_zps81138a58.jpg

Lazback 2!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/4263C15D-9A2B-4221-9468-3E22D7F9552A-3209-000006053EB49AAE_zpsc05a01e9.jpg

Dready with all his toys (lascannon, asscan, plascan)

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/AB5E75B5-E7E6-48C9-8150-572515DA889D-3209-00000605382D4B67_zps9ce94986.jpg

HQ's! (Term Libby, Company master, Libby in PA, TDA Interrogator)

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/09285AA0-3D61-4D11-A00F-065184BF9AFF-3209-0000060530DF59CF_zps66013f30.jpg

Thunder Hammer Term Sergeant!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/933CD346-9B3C-40D3-90ED-8F0AD49E1D1F-3209-0000060896A2DC21_zps105feb4e.jpg

Plasma Cannons! (both of these were converted from left over Devastator plas cannons and a pair of Ass-Can Terms)

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/E6BCEA40-34CD-4104-BCBD-35530B54AF43-3209-000006088FD98B68_zps6d6841f3.jpg

Reaver Praetoris! (DW Knights)

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/409921E4-8E08-452D-9A6E-0507C375CC35-3209-00000608863B4FD5_zps522a2f62.jpg

Well...I have two Typhoons, and two pods left...last little touches on the NJF, and then I"ll be done. Feeling a bit of trepidation. When this vow finishes...I have very little left to paint. 6 bikes, and a MMAB. Well, and 5 veterans that arent even fully assembled (still missing some pieces). This is the moment of the PTR that I"ve been dreading. But I'll save the philosophical musings for later ;-)

Had a thought, and wanted to pose a question to my fellow Successors:

Since Sammael's jetbike is "unique" how do you run a counts as in your chapter? I'm trying to figure out exactly what to do, cause I actually like sammy's bike!

Time for more pictures. Still not sure I actually want to post these. With these posts, my Vow completes.

Well, HERE WE GO!!!!

(been watching too much anime I think)

Pods!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/CE1B70A3-1EDD-4692-A15D-39BE209237D8-3700-0000069E29559031_zpsc622a8d7.jpg

Speeders! (I loves me some typhoon!)

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/2A2AD890-94AE-4158-A491-3B0F467A57A8-3700-0000069BCBADBC6B_zpsd1144ef4.jpg

Main View of my Neph-Talon Jet Fighter (Storm Talon Conversion) with avenger.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/FBD9410F-BBF8-48F1-9BFE-48BC382CDA17-3700-0000069E23609CB9_zpse5eff728.jpg

Lascannon

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/DA1F7CE8-65D4-43B1-816A-E44C843D0D70-3700-0000069E15C0B21D_zps2220a8eb.jpg

"Black Spoon Rockets" (cause we all know those "Swords" ain't killin nothing!)

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Ugluvak/6E77C39B-B4ED-4736-A28F-CB616E2488F5-3700-0000069E0B9DFBF1_zpse3236c25.jpg

so I guess that's it. Course, I still have some other stuff to paint, but for the PTR...I think I'm done.

Nice work mate, you've been busy! The plasma cannon termies are well converted, if you hadn't said I'd have thought they were the cannons from the Deathwing box.

In answer to your question about Sammael's jetbike, I'd say it's only as unique as you want it to be. In other words, it's quite possible that most Unforgiven chapters (and certainly the Second Founding ones) have a jetbike or two stashed in their armouries. Perhaps after the destruction of Caliban, the Legion was left with a single squadron of jetbikes, which they then split between each of their successors. Alternatively, perhaps they still have the means to manufacture jetbikes, but it's very, very difficult and time consuming to do so. There are many ways you could explain it.

Nice work mate, you've been busy! The plasma cannon termies are well converted, if you hadn't said I'd have thought they were the cannons from the Deathwing box.

I'll take that complement! Thank you very much :)

In answer to your question about Sammael's jetbike, I'd say it's only as unique as you want it to be. In other words, it's quite possible that most Unforgiven chapters (and certainly the Second Founding ones) have a jetbike or two stashed in their armouries. Perhaps after the destruction of Caliban, the Legion was left with a single squadron of jetbikes, which they then split between each of their successors. Alternatively, perhaps they still have the means to manufacture jetbikes, but it's very, very difficult and time consuming to do so. There are many ways you could explain it.

Hmmmm....gives me some ideas indeed!

Archived