Rainbow Warriors - Casting! Casting!

Aqui

Looking good, some well needed points for the cause. He's got a feral/ crazed Homer Simpson with hair look to him.

Nice use of the scopes as bolters, it gives a good archeo tech look, that I assume you wanted.

Thanks ^_^

The hair is supposed to be a crown, as I wanted something different than what I did for Brother-Captain Varagol.  But looking at him again, he does look a little like Homer :blink: :lol:

Regarding the bolters - it's kinda the look I wanted.  I did consider using actual Bolters in some form, but I couldn't resize one that didn't look wrong or silly.  One a scramble for parts for another model, I saw them both and the rest is history as they say :lol:

Well, if you want to report a completion you must do it in the "official" ETL thread in which you submitted your vow...

Looks cool btw! woot.gif

I've posted in the Ultra's topic here ^_^

Thanks! The metallic colours came out a lot better than I'd hoped! :lol:

Beware! The following fluff snippet contains spoilers for where "Bringing Light into dark places" will eventually go to. I know most haven't read it, but for those few who have/are, you have been warned! laugh.png

He could not see, could not hear. No taste, no sense of touch. For a moment, he thought he was in a deprivation tank the traitors were rumoured to use for interrogating prisoners. Loss of more than one sense for a time and most would go insane. He tried to move, and a surge of pain the likes he had never experienced before or since engulfed him. Screaming oaths he could not hear, his bellows went unheeded.

Or so he thought.

For what seemed like an eternity, he was alone. Then the feel of hands and the sensation of being carried, he realised what had happened. His injuries were so great, he had been crippled. His battle was over, his duty incomplete, his fear that he had let down his squad, his Chapter and his Primarch, the mighty Guilliman, he cried out again and again, beseeching those who took him.

Give me a chance to finish what I started.

A darkness, a void took him away, the pain and humiliation too much to bear. Another eternity, another senseless moment of consciousness, he tried to speak. Kill him. He was of no further use, save the sacred Gene-seed he still carried within him. A noise startled him, so accustomed to the quiet was he. It was a voice, it's volume so great, he instinctively tried to curl into a ball. His body tried to obey, but it was...difficult. His body seem leaden, heavy. The voice repeated itself again, the loudness dimmed significantly. Unable to understand how he could hear again, he called out.

"Who is there? Friend? Foe? Identify!"

Again, he was startled. He repeated his demand, his wits slowly understanding. His voice, the very voice that startled him, was grating, monotonous. His mind reeled, realising that his cries had been answered after all...

A blinding light made him reel again, seconds after, he was able to see. The images were grainy, unfocused. He tried to move, but was held fast.

"Patience, Brother!" soothed Brun'El, Master of the Forge. "You've only been placed within the holy frame but for a few hours. It takes a lot longer to acclimatise."

Holy..frame?

Brun'El stepped away, allowing Eh'Tor, the Chapter's Chief Librarian to fill his vision. The psyker entered his mind effortlessly, there was no point in resisting such was his power.

"He is badly shaken, and confused. That is to be expected. However, his mind is strong enough to adapt." Turning his attention directly to him, Eh'Tor continued.

"It is good to see you still live, Brother. You gave us all cause for concern." A rather succinct comment for the Marine, as he was known for the love of his own voice.

"Indeed, Brother. It gladdens my hearts to see you still live," a new voice, one that he had been proud to call Brother for many years. It hadn't always been so though. In the beginning, they had hated each other.

Brother-Captain Varagol.

"We will give you time to adapt, Brother. The Tech-priests and Brun'El will ensure you are able to master your new form.

Stepping directly in front of him, Varagol gave the sign of the Aquila.

"May you continue to serve the Chapter for many more years.

"Honoured Brother G'Urg."

I AQUILANUS, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete ONE Ironclad Dreadnought, ONE five Marine Assault Squad and ONE Chaplain on "Cold One" mount (Counts as Marine bike) from Codex: Space Marines of total value of 465pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Rainbow Warriors and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

The Minis in question:

gallery_51296_6652_140254.jpg

I'm still awaiting a couple of Thunder Wolf Cavalry Marine legs for the mounted Chaplain counts as. Hopefully, they'll be here in a day or so.

The little fluff snippet will probably mean nothing to anyone who isn't following my fan fiction, but I wanted to have Character in my army based on those who are in that. I haven't worked out who the Chaplain will be yet.

I still need a name for the Chapter Master. In the story, the Chapter Master is called Alizarin, but it doesn't sound very apt for the Chapter. I'll just have to write a lot more and decide on his name that way laugh.png

I was going to get a little started tonight, but I've been painting all day, and could use a break, so I'll most likely have something to report tomorrow or Wednesday.

Still can't believe I've finished my first vow so quickly! blink.pnglaugh.png

The fluff snippet was cool as always except for one thing or should say one person,won't call him a SM orRW yet till the little censored.gif redeems himself. Oh good luck on your second vow.biggrin.png

Thanks! happy.png I really enjoyed the first vow, although the final stage of painting the Chapter Master was a little daunting.

I'll be truthful. I was going to have G'Urg escape with the Alpha Legionnaire or die horribly (or even both laugh.png ), but in the end, I figured another fate for him laugh.png The snippet above should be considered "the present" in terms of both the 40k time line and in relation to the story. There's quite a few years before the story catches up with it.

Until then, I intend to make that little Hataka run the gauntlet some devil.gif

Having checked the parts, I've forgotten that the Chaplain doesn't have an arm with a Crozius dry.pngI'll have to figure a way of making one from scratch. Any ideas on how to do this will be greatly appreciated!

Realised that the Assault squad box has an axe, so I can use that laugh.png

Another day, another progress report!

I've painted the majority of the IronClad (still have the base and a few details to add on yet). It's taken me nearly all day to do, but hopefully the extra effort shows happy.png

Obligatory WIP pic:

med_gallery_51296_6652_629664.jpg

Jaunty angle pic:

gallery_51296_6652_387927.jpg

In your face pic:

gallery_51296_6652_172731.jpg

Talk to the Cam-shaft pic:

gallery_51296_6652_60161.jpg

I had planned to spend the vast majority of this week off to do (virtually) nothing but paint, but a family member isn't so well at the moment, so I'll be back in my home town on Thursday to see them. Not sure how long I'll be there for, so I'm going to get as much as I can done tomorrow, as I'm not sure when I next have a day off.

In any case, I'm very pleased with IronClad "G'Urg", so far as to say that he might be the best painted mini I've done yet.

C+C welcome as usual happy.png

Looks great brother Honorable - --- looks great and that was quick.thumbsup.gif

Still can't say his name yet, can you? laugh.png

It was hardly quick - from the undercoat stage to where he is now took about 8 hours blink.png Still, it was worth it happy.png

Assuming the legs turn up tomorrow, I'll be working on the Chaplain. Whilst I am able to kit bash a Crozius now, the Warhammer Undead head is rather smaller than I'd hoped sad.png So I might have to either scratch build one from a conventional helmet, or order a Berzerker head at the end of the week and cut the bunny ears off laugh.png

Just hope the legs fit the Cold one without too much modification (good job I ordered two just in case). I've also decided to try to fit a storm bolter to the top of the Cold One's head. If it doesn't work I'll have to get two regular bolters and attach each to one side of the head instead (to represent the bike twin bolters)

Aqs your on fire mate! Good to see the Rainbow Warriors taking shape.

Any more Genuine Beakites planned?

I've been scouring eBay for them and it would seem that others are buying them en masse and sellers have cottoned on, so the price has shot up sad.png I was offered some a while ago, but I'll have to check to see if the offer is still there.

I'll keep looking, but if I can't find any more I'll have to fill the gaps with Mark VII (which I'll have to for the Assault element as RTB01's with Chainswords and backpacks look seriously wrong as the dimensions etc are too different sad.png ). I'd love to get the FW ones, but I simply can't afford the prices.

I may get lucky yet! laugh.png

The Thunder Wolf Cavalry legs have finally turned up dry.png

gallery_51296_6652_403640.jpg

gallery_51296_6652_144567.jpg

However, I think I'll have to give up the idea of using the WHF Undead head as the Chaplain's helmet - it's too small and the back of the head is missing (where the spinal column goes). A pity, but at the end of next week I'll order a Berzerker head and chop the bunny ears off. The axe is going to get converted. I should have something suitable to attach in place of the axe head happy.png

The storm bolter is only atop the Cold One's head until such time as I can work out the best place to put it. I might have to sacrifice a couple of regular bolters and fix them to the sides of the head. I've used the Aztec style head as I intend to paint it to look like it's been cyborged.

In any case, I'll get around to painting him once I've finished the assault squad (hopefully, they'll get painted in part at the least tomorrow).

How about putting the bolters under the beastie's lower jaw? My first thought was, like you, to put them either side of the head, but that might end up being very wide.

Or will there be some form of saddle to which they could be attached to the sides of?

How about putting the bolters under the beastie's lower jaw? My first thought was, like you, to put them either side of the head, but that might end up being very wide.

Or will there be some form of saddle to which they could be attached to the sides of?

I think you're right - I think it's going to look better under the jaw. I had considered trying to make the weapon come from out of the mouth like a Boomer from Bubblegum Crisis happy.png but the jaws are too close together and I'm not experienced enough to make the gap wider. I'll have a go at making it fit underneath.

Thats looking good

How about seeing if you can create a seat with some sort of tech marine type harness that has the bolter attached to an arm?

That way you can have it out to one side of the marines shoulder pads

If not Id be tempted to leave them off if you cant find a good spot

Thats looking good

How about seeing if you can create a seat with some sort of tech marine type harness that has the bolter attached to an arm?

That way you can have it out to one side of the marines shoulder pads

If not Id be tempted to leave them off if you cant find a good spot

I've trimmed the Storm Bolter to fit under the Cold One's jaw happy.png Typically, the camera's battery is dead dry.png I'll try to get a more recent picture up soon. I had intended to get some painting done today, but I've felt too tired to do so sad.png

I've got about two weeks left before the Ultrameet and I want to get as much done as possible before then, so it'll be close! laugh.png

Coming along well mate

That's a good looking dread

Thank you both happy.png

I've been watching your WIP's as well, and I do like what I see there and there too happy.png

• 2 weeks later...

As the newly edited title states - SECOND VOW COMPLETE! happy.png

Pictures:

gallery_51296_6652_225270.jpg

The Assault squad undercoated.

gallery_51296_6652_137995.jpg

Assault squad basecoated, along with the remaining Devastator Marines (non ETL)

gallery_51296_6652_289989.jpg

Finished Assault squad

gallery_51296_6652_45930.jpg

Chaplain completed front. The camera has washed out the Cold One's colours as he's green, but the picture makes him look grey. I'll take better pictures further down the line.

gallery_51296_6652_272960.jpg

Chaplain completed right.

gallery_51296_6652_347141.jpg

Chaplain completed left.

gallery_51296_6652_9759.jpg

I also decided to paint the stripes on every Marine (except the HQ's) A fair few have hand painted Chapter symbols, but over time they will be painted over once I have made the decals for the entire army. That won't be for a while however.

Army group shot consisting of:

Chapter Master

Brother Captain Varagol

Chaplain on Cold one

Honoured Brother G'Urg

Two Tactical squads with Flamer

One Devastator squad with two Missile Launchers.

Also in the last picture is my first objective marker, shaped to look like a Teleport Homer. Can any one guess the bitz used? laugh.png

Oh, Captain Semper....! I need a witness for confirmation! (Vow THREE still being finalised, but it's going to be significantly larger than the last two - Stay tuned! happy.png )

The Chaplin rocks!!Your RWs are coming along nicely.thumbsup.gif But no story:(

Now that I've gotten vow 2 out of the way, I'll try to get a little bit done over the next day or so msn-wink.gif

No promises though! laugh.png

Archived