WIP: Orphans of the Kraken

Cornelias

Yeah unfortunately i use now obsolete "Iyaden Darksun" over a black undercoat with a "Gryphon Sepia" wash, i managed to get a few pots when it went out of production but i'm going to see how much of a match "Vajello Heavy Goldenbrown" is as those pots won't last long when i start painting vehicles.

Yeah unfortunately i use now obsolete "Iyaden Darksun" over a black

undercoat with a "Gryphon Sepia" wash, i managed to get a few pots when

it went out of production but i'm going to see how much of a match

"Vajello Heavy Goldenbrown" is as those pots won't last long when i

start painting vehicles.

I suspected as much. :(

You might give VMC Yellow Ochre 121 a look. It's the closest thing I've found to Iyanden Darksun, and it's so close I don't think you'd notice.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa54/cornelias/SOTE/scouts.jpg

First 5 members of my new scout squad built, including a grenadier....

Another 3 shotguns and 2 ccw scouts still to come, i'm trying to give them all a very individual look with a nod to the older scout models thrown in.

The h-bolter, those knives...no bloused sleeves? msn-wink.gif

But seriously: excellent stuff. Very much looking forward to seeing them done.

I'm saving the bloused sleeves for a veteran scout squad/ salvation team that i'm writing up a set of rules for, they'll be very close to the original scout models :) I've two 5 man squads of the old plastic ones i'm going use to convert them but i'm still a wee bit away from starting them yet....

• 6 months later...

Loving your Scythes Thread.

Really like the Scouts Salvation squad your building are you adding a marine to the squad and in the rules your writing, I read Orphans of the Kraken by R Williams not so long ago and its inspired me to start a few scout squads but never got them finished.

Great stuff.

I'd deliberately have mismatching paint actually, including on the same model. With the events the chapter has gone through even getting paint the same as home may be impossible so repairs and replacement equipment might show up as patches of different not-quite-the-same yellow or pieces of new armour not quite the same yellow as the battered scuffed old parts on the same miniature.

I'd deliberately have mismatching paint actually, including on the same model. With the events the chapter has gone through even getting paint the same as home may be impossible so repairs and replacement equipment might show up as patches of different not-quite-the-same yellow or pieces of new armour not quite the same yellow as the battered scuffed old parts on the same miniature.

Yeah turns out the vajello was a pretty good match, not had time to paint up much atm as everything is packed away due to me buying a new flat (seems to be taking forever to get it all sorted out between estate agents, banks, lawyers etc.)

Here is what i was working on just before i packed everything away....

My new Cato Sicarius counts as

gallery_24695_8174_38074.jpg

Pretty much all of the highlighting and fine detailing still to go but he's coming along nicely i think :)

Looks great! Hope you get up and going soon after the flat situation has settled down... where did you get that scythe/sickle weapon?

The blade is from the WHF plastic zombies and the shaft/hand is from blood angels death company thunderhammer i think :)

• 7 months later...

Archived