Argun's Minis

Argun

Well... here's my first post. Figured I'd finally do this, since I've been a long-time lurker here on the forums. Been playing for the past two years, and can finally say that I've made several minis that I'm proud of.
My Marines are... well, I claim them to be Red Scorpions, though I don't follow the set paint-scheme. Same goes for chaplains, and librarians. 
Seriously, if you want your head guys to live longer, why make them stand out by giving them different colors of armor?

Here's a group shot of my sternguard. Still missing a few members, but these guys are for the most part complete.  Big thanks to Doghouse for his tutorial on truscaled Marines. All that can have magnetized backpacks, have magnets so I can switch them out for vanguard vets if need be.

Here's the sergeant. 

The normal bolter guys. Not much special about them.

Not really one for coming up with names, here's Battle Brother Fred. The second named guy in the squad.

The combi-plasmas of the group.

One of my favorite conversions, this guy is fully magnetized, so I can use him as a captain if need be.

Still gotta make a left arm for this guy, but I put him here because he's got some trophies. At my local game store, I regularly play against a Space Wolves player, and occasionally one of the staff members brings out his Ultramarines. First time painting fur, and first (intentionally made) attempt at drybrushing.

Both special-weapons guys. One has a heavy flamer, the other has a lascannon.

Because who needs two hands to shoot heavy weapons?

059.JPG

My favorite of the bunch, and first made, Brother Infernus.

060.JPG

061.JPG

And just 'cause I said I didn't follow the paint-schemes... Scale-shots!

062.JPG

Captain, and chaplain in terminator armor. Not sure where to put a decal on the chaplain, so he's going to remain like this for now.

063.JPG

Severin Loth. Rarely fielded, but very useful when he is.

And just because Guard are allowed here now... My customized veteran squad, posing with the Sarge.

064.JPG

Well, that sums up this little post. Hopefully will be updating this somewhat regularly from now on.

Any critiques are most welcome.

Glad to see you took the step of posting for the first time :)

Because if you haven't I would not have seen these great minis.

I love the more muted colours and the gritty I-Will-kick-you're-ass attitude in the poses and weathering :)

Ps. What is with the space wolfs parts/ colours? (I love it!)

Well, the space wolves pelt is one of the trophies I've put in, seeing as how my buddy usually plays with about four wolf lords... and I've only managed to kill at most three by game's end.  And I used the SW heads 'cause I wanted them to be a lot different than my standard troops. This is just about the most unique squad in the entire army.

Still really need to learn how to highlights and whatnot... all the weathering is just Badab Black/Nuln Oil washes.

• 8 months later...

Been way too long since I've updated this, but better late than never... right?

I give you the four members of The Black Crusade! All members are former commissars who have found a better way to motivate the troops than to threaten them with a shot to the back of the head. They take their name from the black headgear they all wear, and have become a great hit within the ranks of the Imperial Guardsmen of the Picta Custodum Crusade.
Here, we see them in post-action against a member of the Angry Marines, singing the last song he'll ever hear. The members of The Black Crusade take care to make sure that every enemy they slay gets their own personalized song.
Their biggest hit is Abbadon is a Loser (and he's my censored.gif). It is said that the subject of that particular song has put the prize of Daemonhood for any being who can bring him the four heads (and instruments) of these brave men who bring forth the Emperor's holy word through a medium that any Ecclistarchy Priest would envy, and that hundreds upon thousands of loyal soldiers listen to to lift up their morale when it is low.
It is said that Noise Marines and Goff Rockers around the segmentum are gearing up to have a concert that will quake the very Warp with the sheer sound of awesomeness.

BAND 001

BAND 002

The man who brought them all together, and the lead singer: Gustavus Rex. He has often come under Inquisitorial scrutiny for his band, but thanks to his friendship with Lord Inquisitor Fasha T. Dog, he has managed to avoid any unwanted shots to vital organs.

BAND 004

The Angry Marine who has fallen, gives them a sign of approval even though he was too angry to notice they were on his side before he had to be brought down.

BAND 005

Lead guitarist and semi-legend: "Lord" Jonas Patrician. It is said that his guitar is a holy relic from some of the earliest days of Terran history, the only thing he'll admit to saying on that matter: "I found it with an odd hat, the words 'Property of Slash' were faded into the back. Now back off, or I'll write your song next!"

BAND 006

Envy of any half-decent Noise Marine, and legendary bassist: Ventan "drop the" Bass. An oft overlooked man for his choice of instrument, but one who holds every song together.

BAND 007

The drummer, and all around crazy guy that the troops love: Sam "ZZ" Toppen. The throne he sits upon, and a throne it is, disguises the clever ammunition hoppers of the mortars arrayed on the back of his seat. His favorite tactic is to load flares, and time the shots to his drum solos. He usually goes through about a hundred flares this way in a single performance. He doesn't like leaving his throne, so that is why he's modified it to hold several secondary weapons in addition to the mortars. The aquila on top is a special piece of equipment which sends recordings of the songs they sing to a ship up in orbit (or a nearby Leviathan) to later sell to the troops for some morale boosters.

BAND 008

BAND 009

BAND 010

Alright... enough with da fluffs! Here's some pics of the gents a little closer up, although they're only back views, they show off the gear these guys carry around with them. (You never know when you'll have to fight off the guys you're singing their last farewells to!)

BAND 011

BAND 012

BAND 013

BAND 014

Note: there is no song by that title, but here's a close match. www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZjZoJFTOoc

Oh, I've got 3 of those... turns out, this can be a legal Company Command Squad, or a legal Platoon Command Squad. I know it's 4 guys, and the squad comes with 5, but here's the reasoning: 2 guys get used to make 1 heavy weapon. I believe the drummer could count as 2 wounds as is, no?

• 3 months later...

Archived