Missing primarchs : A simpler than expected answer ?

kabouri

If we are talking post heresy a lot of other factors get into the equation...like the first battle for Armageddon. 1k Space Wolves, 100 GKs and some mortal cannon fodder against 50k berzerkers, a daemon primarch and tons of daemons and cultist population...and the Space Wolves won...yeah, that's obviously a loss for the SW, when they are outnumbered 50:1...

The "arguments" are ridiculous enough without taking post heresy into account...

^ You are ridiculous...We are talking about "Battle of the fang", and their downsizing after scouring (to 5000-7000 not sure about number)....

And here I thought we were talking about the depiction of the Space Wolves in the Horus Heresy series(silly me, I know), and not generally in 40k or even post heresy. Either way this is an extremely silly argument(if you even can call it that by any stretch of that word), and I tried to do it without calling names...unlike some others...

I should have known better than to meddle with the Space Wolf fanboys. You made me realise my mistake and will not repeat it, so I guess I should thank you or something...

My favourite part of the "grand defeat of the Battle of the Fang" is where the vastly outnumbered dregs and janitors of the Space Wolves, led by the most heroic Dreadnought in Imperial history, defy a primarch and his Legion, beating them back in the most lore-famous Imperial siege victory in all ten thousand years since the Horus Heresy

What losers. It's almost like... there's two sides to every story, and insisting the Wolves are hard done by is absolute nonsense. But since some folks have wanted to widen the topic to include post-Heresy, it's even truer: no other Legion wins as much, and loses as little, or looks as good losing, as the Space Wolves. 

This thread is why. 

Peter, if you can honestly read back the last 3 pages of this thread and still come to the magical conclusion that the Space Wolves are being unfairly treated, I think I actually fear you, as a person. Actually read the posts, though. Because you keep saying "But..." to things that have already been addressed and explained. Things that aren't opinion. 

^ You are ridiculous...We are talking about "Battle of the fang", and their downsizing after scouring (to 5000-7000 not sure about number)....

So you can cite one post-Heresy incident (poorly describing it, as it happens) but he can't do the same? You don't get to cite one post-Heresy reference and then ignore the others. That's very, very silly.

The last Chaos codex (page 25). may have brought us the first real defeat of the Space Wolves.

937.M41 - The wolf at bay

5 SW companies are defeated by Huron Blackheart and his tactical superiority. Of course, they don't get destroyed, it would've been too harsh to the SW community, they just are forced to withdraw.

A D-B, drop it. For the sake of your sanity.

^ This.

Unless

of course this exchange compels you to include a vicious Black Legion

vs Space Wolves battle in your upcoming series, in which case by all

means carry on.

^ And that.

-

Peter, if you can honestly read back the last 3 pages of this thread and still come to the magical conclusion that the Space Wolves are being unfairly treated, I think I actually fear you, as a person. Actually read the posts, though. Because you keep saying "But..." to things that have already been addressed and explained. Things that aren't opinion. 

Huh? Never said that they are treated unfairly, only that haters bite too often on some well writen fluff...And things like that ARE opinion, no offense....

Got to love the written word, and the fact that the written word only translates 6% of the meaning behind those words.

in other words: I feel like both A-D-B and Peter seem to be re-interpretting the words written by the other in light of their own personal experiences; which leads to escalations and a degradation of understanding.

and I've mis-used to many complicated words in this thread already. I'm gonna go get drunk, and I'll be back in 15 minutes.

Yep...I'm a stubborn old mule....

Funny how every first founding chapter gets the same treatment for their "win-ses".....

Momentarily actual on dakka:

Why do people hate UM

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/510818.page

(*most answer - because they are the best of the best-est and their win-ses*)

Got to love the written word, and the fact that the written word only translates 6% of the meaning behind those words.

in other words: I feel like both A-D-B and Peter seem to be re-interpretting the words written by the other in light of their own personal experiences; which leads to escalations and a degradation of understanding.

and I've mis-used to many complicated words in this thread already. I'm gonna go get drunk, and I'll be back in 15 minutes.

Dude ty for this answer, really ty...IMHO call me mad, call me dumb, call me irrational...Just give me your opinion and correct me if I'm wrong....

Also exalted for giving your honest opinion....

P.S. Opening my 2 year old cheapest wine and I'm starting to cook it (with spirits)....Also bottle of worse brandy is at the ready...So we'll see you later when inspiration for ranting comes....

I'm gonna go get drunk, and I'll be back in 15 minutes.

Lightweight! msn-wink.gif

anti-depressants, morphine, cafeine overload and stroh-rhum = getting drunk fast and cheap. but all I really did was go to the mall and get the stuff I need to remain drunk troughout the night msn-wink.gif btw: u and i are right next to eachother on the keyboard.

edit: Peter: I'm not calling you mad, dumb nor irrational. You just let your understanding of other people's written words get adapted by the time they get registered, and this by your personal experiences with people whom actively and irrantionaly hate on SW. When reading your replies (same with those of A-D-B btw) I get the feeling that you read the post, but halfway through, you start reading a meaning into the posts that wasn't put there by the OP. This is normal. Everyone has it. that's the problem with text-based conversation. it's been proven that the written word by itself constitutes for only 6% of communication. words by themselves do not transelate the feeling and meaning given to them by the person jotting them down.

if someone writes: "I feel cold." one person will read that as: "It's cold"; another will read that as "I'm sick". another will read it as "I'm dying"; and only one in millions will read it as "that specific person experiences the current conditions as cold"

Yes, but also you have to understand that my word is < than respected author's...

So I can't really win even if my logic was super perfect...Lucky no one can probe my mind (yet) and tell that I need to change my perspective on things without me putting my fist through his arse first (platonically speaking ofc)...

Btw try absynthe with a bit of burned sugar ; now add your vitamins to that and after 10 minutes  you ll see the EoT in a good way....

Archived