++2014 Community IA Creation Project++ COMPLETE!

Olis

Daemonic possession is an idea I like. But it depends on how the Fall occurs. I believe we still don't have a consensus, so I will reiterate:

The Sons begin to lose Battle-Brothers to madness as the heightened senses become increasingly sensitive. At some point, Slaanesh offers them salvation and the Sons willingly accept.

Option A: Salvation takes place in your typical Slaaneshi fashion. Your senses remain exceptionally sensitive, but your perceptions of it has changed from finding it debilitating and painful to orgasmic and addictive.

Ludovic found this one appealing. But I don't see Daemonic possessions fitting here.

Option B: Slaanesh promised freedom from their senses, and it is given. Be careful what you wish for, though. Now you have a host of Marines who have, more or less, become accustomed to their heightened senses, to the point where 'normal' senses amounts to sensory deprivation. They are now driven Slaaneshi converts, set out to regain what they lost. What they foolishly gave away.

Myself and Olisredan like this idea, and I can see Daemonic possessions having a place here. Many Sons willingly giving themselves away for the promise of new sensations.

So, we're looking a majority vote for option B. That's fine, but I think I'll give it 'til Monday until it's decided, just so that there is a chance for others to cast their vote.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it Monday yet? :D

I'm lost on where we are at now. What is next for us to expand upon?

What about their affiliation or allegiances to other traitor forces? Are they a "Kill them all for the feels of it" warband? Do they obey the word of the Warmaster? The word of Fulgrim?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I'm more than a year late to this party, but it seems to me that thing to fix about the Space Wolves isn't in the Helix or their senses, but in their inability to found stable successors off of Fenris. The Wulfen problem isn't such a threat to stability of the Chapter as the Black Rage is to the Blood Angels, so for me the name of the game would be either introducing a new element to allow wider recruitment or nerfing something extant to allow the geneline of Russ to take root away from Fenris.

If you go with Option A: Deviated wolves, something new and different. Depends on what you add.

Option B: Dogs or wolf-dogs instead of wolves.

Personally I favor option B because if you go with the wolf-dog analogy, you have unpredictable behavior, and a debate as to how much of the Space Wolves is nature and how much is nurture. Another fun option with this comes in when you consider the use of wolf-dogs in the real world. At Angola Prison in Lousiana for example, wolf-dogs have been bred to serve as additional security at night.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10000872396390444130304577561273226636482

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10000872396390444226904577561293288409330

The matter of the Curse is maintaining that *right* mix of Wolf and "Dog" in the hybridization. How active do you want the Helix to be? Etc. Perhaps the Helix and Wolf attributes manifest more strongly with age, to the point of becoming TOO savage, TOO independent and territorial to function as part of the Chapter? I like Lysimachus idea here about paranoia and territoriality (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/271764-2014-community-ia-creation-project-new-first-post/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3319357) and Marquise's solution to this attitude problem here (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/271764-2014-community-ia-creation-project-new-first-post/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3336543)

As for the current proposal, I'm not a fan of the metabolism and slaanesh angle.

Just my two cents.

It looks like we are past the stage of discussing ideas for the Chapter, and now in a competitive stage of taking what we have and building an Index Astartes article out of it. If you have some good ideas, and they might not have to agree totally with what was already discussed, I would recommend showing them in the IA.

Indeed. Cormac hits the nail on the head here - we are now beyond discussing fleshing out the chapter. It's now handbags at dawn (mainly so that we can make way for a proper 2014 community challenge). If you or any Frater need to clarify something, then feel free to ask in this thread or directly PM me. ;) 

Archived