Lamprey's Bite on the Charge

It´s not 100% clear.

You´re supposed to exchange all of your normal attacks. Is "normal attacks" the ones on your profile? Is it all attacks?

I would say they do not get a bonus attack. I read it as all the attacks they would be using if they don´t bite. It boils down to if "normal" is "everything but lamprey´s bite" or their "profile attacks". The more i read the rule, the more certain I am that "normal" is directed to "not lamprey´s"... (since that is a very special attack)

it is certainly not clear.

If the normal profile attacks are 3 S4 Attacks at INI and you exchange all of those profile attacks for lamprey's bite does the lampreys bite then benefit from the +1 attack on the charge only?

After all  if the "profile" attack is those listed on the profile only...then the +1 attack for charging is "super normal" or "suplemental" or "bonus"

If the +1 attack is a bonus then it is NOT normal and should be applied in a special circumstance such as the first round of a charge.

"substitute all of its normal close combat attacks for a single special attack "

So why would the extra attack from a charge NOT be normal?

normally, the number of attacks is (brb, p. 24): "Each engaged model makes a number of Attacks (A) as indicated on its characteristics profile, plus the following bonus attacks: +1 charge bonus [...]"

also, single +1 isn't single anymore ;)

I would argue that pg 24 BRB "lists normal attacks listed on profile" then goes on to describe "bonus attacks"

Codex Daemons pg 48 specifically denies  the "bonus" attack for the Beasts of Nurgle making all charges against "disordered charges"

Since the BRB on page 24 is specific regarding "profile" attacks then goes on to list "bonus" attacks and does not clarify that screamers suffer from a disordered charge when using lampries bite then the bonus attack is stacked for lampries bite as well.

I would argue that pg 24 BRB "lists normal attacks listed on profile" then goes on to describe "bonus attacks"

I think you may have (unintentionally) forged your quote a little here. nowhere on this page does it say "normal attacks listed on profile". It just states that (generally/normally) the number of attacks a model gets is composed of (A) profile plus charge bonus + 2 weapons + other bonuses.  

C:CD p.48 is a picture of a bloodletter in my book. if you mean the slime trail rule from p.73, that only refers to disordered charges on brb p.27, which denies "the +1 charge bonus to its number of Attacks usually gained from a charge" (so the bonus is called "usual", i.e. normal).

The argument is based on the assumption that "bonus" attacks are not "normal", which would be difficult to prove.

Well i took Jervis Johnson's method for resolving rules issues which appear vague, I diced it.

1-3 on a D6 Lampreys Bite does NOT get the +1 Attack for Charging

4-6 on a D6 Lampreys Bite DOES get the +1 Attack for Charging.

No Taksies Backsies!!!!!

ITS A 5!!!!!!

So in accordance with the Great and Powerful Oz, I mean Jervis Johnson the matter has been settled!!!

From this moment forever "or until a FAQ is posted", Lampreys Bite does get the +1 for Charging

I'd say charge attacks are part of a model's 'normal' compliment of attacks, but HoW are not, so IMO they'd still get HoW when using the bite.

Not really basing that on anything, though.

I think this kind of makes screamers into guys that swoop over things and sometimes assault tanks. I guess you can still send them at terminators if 'all else fails', seems a bit wasteful though.

3+ screamers (pick a number) + Herald on disc = Hardly useless ;)

math says 6 screamers kill a terminator. if he's got a storm shield, you are actually better off NOT using lamprey's bite (0,2 TEQ kills/screamer = almost double than lamprey). every 3 Terminators kill 2 screamers back, after overwatch. propably will cost the termies 1 round of shooting max (If you're lucky and combat carries on into his turn).

3+ screamers (pick a number) + Herald on disc = Hardly useless msn-wink.gif

why?

math says 6 screamers kill a terminator. if he's got a storm shield, you are actually better off NOT using lamprey's bite (0,25 TEQ kills/screamer). every 3 Terminators kill 2 screamers back, after overwatch. propably will cost the termies 1 round of shooting max (If you're lucky and combat carries on into his turn).

Meh, IMO they are still decently priced for what they do, just not "op". Multi purpose jetbike unit. IMO its still a very decent unit.

yeah,  they're pretty worthless against terminators.  And at S5, even with armorbane, they're not particularly great at hunting heavy armor, either.  Like flamers, screamers were basically nerfed into the ground.

Understand the grief concerning flamers very well, but Screamers still seem a good unit to me...

very fast and versatile, balanced and well costed. Dont understand how someone can say they have been "nerfed into the ground" at all.

Archived