WIP The Narborough Crusade (including SRC Elijah)

Titan 1975

This project has become very exciting for me, it started out when 'Death from the skies' was released, I'd bought a storm talon back when they first came out not realising they were SM exclusive at the time, but upon reading that we could now field storm ravens as well, I wanted to make an impression on the battlefield.

Now we all know the stats for SR, Armour 12, Heavy Support Transport capacity 12 models + Dreadnought, But really, have you seen the size of one? Take the wings off of it and it's smaller than a Rhino!!

therefore I came up with the idea of combining it with a land raider (redeemers have a genuine capacity of 12).

Here are the images so far,

will post back dated concept photos soon

Time : i only started it this month

Money : let's not go there shall we, most can do the sums from what can be seen (including my wife!)

Well there is no denying how awesome it looks well done so far! However, based on how much those kits cost is there a reason you did not just buy a Storm Eagle instead?

The principle reason is a low patience threshold with finecast and resin, although I am only slightly more proficient with plastic at times

Well FW while resin isn't Finecast. Honestly my Eagle fits together pretty good and resin is actually easier work with if the parts don't fit right as you can just heat it up and bend it into shape.

I didn't know that, I will bear that in mind, but to be honest, I have had so much fun with this, and I used to do kitbashing and scratchbuilding in my previous hobbies it was a joy to apply the braincells to something suitably templarish and unique.

That thing looks absolutely beast. It's literally a flying Land Raider!

I want one. pinch.gif Too bad GW doesnt make those. sad.png

Can I also be honest and say that while I like the Storm Eagle's overall profile, I absolutely hate that missile rack on top. Same with the Thunderhawk's Cannon. It just looks weird......wacko.png I think I'll stick to regular Raven models though. I'm running short on $$. sad.png

Blood Angels deepstrike their landraiders, we just make our fly. I think this fits under Firepower's "Blood Angels: Anything you can do, we can do crazier!"

Let's get a drawing from him now!

This thing is beginning to remind me of this

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100328143217/jamescameronsavatar/images/8/80/Dragongunship.png

I can't wait to see it finshed and on a flying stand!

After grueling weeks campaigning on the barren Hive of New Jerulas, which the heretics were confident that even the mighty Landraider Crusader could not pierce, the mighty Tech-Marine Titanus "happened" upon an "ancient" STC. And thus, the scream of engines tore through the night, as the Tech-Marine descended upon the hive, his ancestral battle cry of "Wreck Face" echoing across the spires. And lo, did the heretics soil themselves, both body and soul, as the mighty Landraider Crusader Storm descended upon them in a blaze of holy Bolters and Lascannons. Such is the will of the Emperor.

Haha, I'm sorry brother, manufacturing restraints and backlog of orders (1) allows no room for any more, although I have just spent my early morning coffee time mapping the concept in my head, wings further forward with a greater degree of frontward curvature, sharpened tips, bull like front features. I have a local runepriest who has requested a 'wolf raven' with larger 'haunch-like' landing gear and a 'tail' thruster!

I LOVE the model and the craftsmanship that has gone into it! It will definitely be the most impressive storm raven to enter the battle field for a very long time!!!
Though i feel to do it true justice, rules should be made for the storm crusader for you to play just for fun, even if  it might be a apoc only rule set! I think having it's own rule set will truly make in weapon of justice and hieratic destruction!!!

Almost a month since I started this, and I'm finally almost ready to undercoat. Just the back door to add and we'll be ready for it. Also been working on the occupants for the 'SRC' starting with Venerable Brother Jeremiah

WP 000517

WP 000516

WP 000510

WP 000493

WP 000499

WP 000498

WP 000500

I feel like the fist arm is too bulky, which is quite a feat on a Dread :teehee:  I would lose the shield, and maybe find a smaller Flamer.

The tri-standard is certainly interesting.  Though it looks awful fragile.

And she flies...

And she flies...

tentative outing onto the gaming table before receiving her first undercoat

tentative outing on the gaming table before receiving first undercoat

still have details to complete on the flying base

still have details to complete on the base

still undecided on which chapter the flying base should depict? Suggestions?

still undecided on the chapter the base should depict? suggestions

I'd really like to see it painted. It reminds me of the drop ship from Aliens -- not that it really looks that much like it, but the feeling of it. Very nice kit bash/conversion.

~K

It looks more like a Terran Drop Ship to me, but hey, that's life.

I can't quite make out what's on the base, so my suggestion will be qualified:  If it's heroic, Black Templar, Iron Fists, Crimson Fists, or your DIY.  If it's another Loyalist in trouble, Blood or Dark Angels, Space Wolves would be good to.  If it's Chaos, Iron Warriors or Alpha Legion (or one a local Chaos player uses).

Archived