WIP The Narborough Crusade (including SRC Elijah)

Titan 1975

thank you everybody, the first undercoats have been applied, check out my album for the latest, things will slow a bit now (especially as I've been asked to prep a 'Goblin town' gaming board a hobbit themed birthday game (Is that heretical admitting we play other systems? I hope not whistlingW.gif )

Is that heretical admitting we play other systems? I hope not whistlingW.gif

Depends on whether or not you employ witches in the other systems cool.png

My preferred army is Rohan and Saruman is always in my sights

well done brother I still think it would look better in bronze whistlingW.gif pirate.gif .

I have still been cogitating over this, and it would look pretty cool with the wings positioned where the assault cannon turret is, with the turret on top between the main thrusters. Hurricane bolter sponsons would have to be repositoned at the end of the wings as horn tips for 'gorging' infantry, but I digress...

• 1 month later...

thank you everybody, the first undercoats have been applied, check out my album for the latest, things will slow a bit now (especially as I've been asked to prep a 'Goblin town' gaming board a hobbit themed birthday game (Is that heretical admitting we play other systems? I hope not whistlingW.gif )

I keep thinking of fielding this gunship, the Dreadnought, and the embarked Space Marines against a 'The Lord of the Rings' or 'The Hobbit' army. Is that wrong of me?

I keep thinking of fielding this gunship, the Dreadnought, and the embarked Space Marines against a 'The Lord of the Rings' or 'The Hobbit' army. Is that wrong of me?

Now there's a force that could simply fly in to Mordor...

• 1 month later...

well after a short secondment into middle earth, I'm now back in the hangar of the 'Eternal Crusader' and it's time to bring out the servitors and servo-arms and get this SRC fully battle ready

Check out the latest photos in my album, I'm off work for the next couple of weeks, and so I hope to make a real step forward on this project, if only my painting skills could keep up with my imagination

• 3 weeks later...
Here's the latest on the now named SRC 'Elijah'

WP 000606

A view inside from the rear assault ramp

WP 000611

WP 000615

WP 000616

[s​haredmedia=gallery:images:109820]

WP 000612

Still undecided which chapter the wrecked landraider should belong to...

One of my biggest curses is an overactive mind, and so long before Elijah is anywhere near finished I am already chomping at the bit to build my next idea. My StormRaven Crusader (SRC) being of sensible size/capacity proportions is too big to land on a skyshield landing pad, except in the calmest of conditions. Therefore my plan is to make something instead, and when i came across this piece of scrap precut metal I knew...

@Firepower, Having never encountered Eberious' work before, I've just had a look at his photo file and seriously, I am flattered to be 'put in the same room' as this guy. His photos have lit a whole new source of passion and ideas, and if i could afford to not work then nothing would please me more than to have my creations taken off me to be painted by others and fielded against the heretics wherever they be found!

LOVE that landing pad. I am a massive fan of the airfield side fo things and that is just awesome. I envy your conversions as well, I have so many ideas pop into my head but my conversion ability can never bring them to life, I can kit bash to a fair degree but anything past that I fail.... O7

WP 000634

test fitting the walls

WP 000633

I'm keen to keep the openess underneath, but it will depend on the strength of the structure, that metal plate is quite heavy, it's the same thickness as the warhammer movement trays

WP 000635

Elijah fits perfectly, and I'm looking to add some form of shielding flaps using the precut rectangles for the locating points.

WP 000637

I've really appreciated all the comments and encouragement, oh and I'm very likely to go with Iron Warriors as the subject of Elijah's Wrath (Wrecked Landraider Base)

I would like to put up some pictures of the rest of my Crusade as a WIP, but still being new at this forum thing I have a few questions.

Is there a way to rename this thread or should I just start a new one for my Crusade?

How do you add links into the bottom of your posts? Like Dono1979's WIP etc?

Should I be aware of anything else etiquette wise that I've missed?

Many thanks in advance.

You can rename the thread by editing the first page, it should then bring up the option to change the name.

You can place links in your signature, the same way you code links in your posts, your sig can be modified in the User settings.

Dont put any large images in your sig!

So, I've renamed the post, and hope to bring you a photo inventory this week of where I am with my Crusade as well as further developments on the staging post and my concept ideas for a Narborough Chapter Keep.

Archived