New HH Short in BL

Xin Ceithan

I can throw up a full spoiler, too, if you want

Arcadese is an UM Captain, appeared in one of Kyme's earlier shorts IIRC. The entire premise of the story is that Malcador and Dorn are using the Librarians that Garro and company are sending back from the Legions to basically run simulations in various Legionary's minds, hardening them and preparing them for the upcoming fight. Dorn himself is actually deciding who will defend an asteroid base called the Ardent Reef, and Arcadese is the man of choice. The simulation ends with Arcadese losing, but not before he does some good damage. He wakes up, and Malcador and a Librarian are presiding over him. The Librarian's name is Umojen, if that means anything to anyone (doesn't to me offhand).

Also, there's a bit in the beginning with Dorn and Malcador talking about the Emperor and Horus, and Dorn says that Emps isn't his daddy, whatever that means

Care to a full spoiler post Trankz?

I think Vaddon has your answer.

Daddy dialogue:

Dorn was saying that Malcador couldn't call the Emperor as his father. Sounded like Dorn being a little bit arrogant and childish. Malcador answer him like an old, and clever, uncle would do. Kind of interesting to show that no matter how powerfull the primarchs are they act as children when the Emperor is involved. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not worth a buy imo.  Even at 2.99 USD.  I doubt it would last most people through a single dump.

I wouldn't even really recommend it to HH completists...which is sort of what I am except for the $60 novellas.

It was better than the Lee Lightner SWs short story I bought at the same time though.  Wow that was a real piece of :cuss.

Archived