LPC 2013 - Black Templars

Greetings Brothers (& Sisters!). I have finally managed to post pictures of my vow for this year. Going back to the first army I collected - Black Templars, which I subsequently sold and have lamented ever since. I have vowed to paint a 10 man Crusader squad and a Land Raider Crusader.

gallery_55332_8143_527737.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_1531412.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_601137.jpg

Made progress on the hurricane bolters, and the assault cannon.

gallery_55332_8143_5423.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_69507.jpg

And a little further forward with the crusaders.

gallery_55332_8143_718353.jpg

Should have more pictures to post of my progress soon. Feel free to comment everyone, cheers!

Thanks!! Got some pictures of painted mini's now. Painted furiously over the weekend after realising I only had 1 week left to finish my vow, gulp!

gallery_55332_8143_32559.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_303006.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_95693.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_354401.jpg

Pictures of the Crusader squad. Bodies finished, just needing their heads and arms!!

gallery_55332_8143_203811.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_60027.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_27613.jpg

Now, this is not part of my vow, but I got distracted last night and cobbled together a Chaplain based on the Tyberos body. I'm using the original heelmet at the moment, but i'm not sure how I feel about it.

gallery_55332_8143_83892.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_73501.jpg

gallery_55332_8143_9151.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

It's all so...clean. blink.png

Like, even down to the organization of your models, their pre-painting pinning, and the workstation itself. What sort of orderly monster are you!?

I would stick with that head on the Termi Chaplain. It is Templary enough, and can easily be painted into a skully-look if you use a little imagination ;)

Anyway, this is all very solid work so far. Easily 'Eavy Metal standard. Deadline or no deadline though, I wanna see some more detail on that Raider! A BT tank is naked without lots and lots of white scripture, seals, shields, heraldry and maybe a couple of candles, or a shrubbery...

It's all so...clean. blink.png

Like, even down to the organization of your models, their pre-painting pinning, and the workstation itself. What sort of orderly monster are you!?

Organisation and execution is impeccable - I will be keenly following this!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Firepower - a Templar orderly maybe? I can't help being a control freak!

Midnight Runner - I would probably go with a skull helmet if I had one. The picture of the MoS in the Templar codex has a Mk V helmet, and I'm sure Grimaldus has a similar looking helmet as well. Probably painted bone it would look ok, but I'm still thinking about it. Hmm.

No pictures tonight, though I have got the arms half finished so I should have something to show tomorrow.

These look great, I wish I had half your discipline when it came to organising my workspace I tend to just work from a random pile of bits and knock a lot of stuff over lol. The Land Raider looks awesome with the added scripture, are those decals?

As for the Tyberos head I reckon that could be made to look a little like the Punisher skull with a little touch of GS. I love the pose of the Chaplain though.

Thanks Biohazard. I can get a bit messy whilst putting models together, I just can't paint when it's that way :)

Those are indeed decals on the LR, from the Forgeworld Black Templar sheet. Great to work with, though I admit I'm a bit miffed that the gloss that I painted on first shows so much, even after a coat of matt. Think I'll spray the whole model gloss next time.

I like the idea of the Punisher skull. May have to have a go at that, thanks.

Archived