KBA's Raven Guard - Tearing out the carpet! - 3-10-14

KBA

Good lord that's a mean looking dude, nicely kitbashed/converted KBA!

Mission accomplished! Thanks man.

I think Im going to have to steal that idea some day. Im stealling all your ideas muahahahahha! msn-wink.gif Great conversions as always.

Go! Go! Go! Steal! Steal! Steal! Steal away brother, thanks for the compliment :)

Is there a resin kit that you don't own msn-wink.gif

99% of my bitz box is from select and heavy bitz buying. Never know when stuff comes in handy. I'd go as far as to say I don't have any skill, and it's the breadth of the bitz box that should be getting the compliments. Skill and KBA can be put in the same sentence once you see green sculpy all over my minis, or paint for the matter :)

That guy would look perfect with the Kindred. Nice work as usual KBA

Thanks man. Once I go 30K traitor, Sons of Horus might be the front runners. Or maybe Thousand Sons.

Well, that dude is slightly crazy looking. Well done, I love the pose. 

-Tarvik

The head worked well on that one! I was originally going to keep the bare head that was attached to the body, but it's positioning was locked forward, so it had to come off.

Not sure if anyone read any of the story, but SHOOT ME FIRST is exactly what Vejovis is going for. I wanted the pose to reflect this as well. His Kevin-Costner-In-Dances-With-Wolves beginning of the film line charge moment.

My bad. I never read fluff.

I can understand that :)

KBA, you've really outdone yourself with the Apothecary and Librarian. Kudos to you!

Thanks man! I'm looking to get paint on the less complex librarian sooner rather than later. Next update will have paint. AH!!!!!!!!!

Brother the reaver is spectacular and I've figured out his name Toran Horsac the Last Wolf of Luna

Edit:

Upon super close examination I see the subtle use of rampager legs? And realised that holy :cuss it's me!

Nice work man, looks absolutely excellent. That apothecary is on of the most interesting models I've seen in some time.

Thanks Vazzy. I think I might need to do something with those arms; using fabius as a base kind of shoe horned the pose a little.

Brother the reaver is spectacular and I've figured out his name Toran Horsac the Last Wolf of Luna

Edit:

Upon super close examination I see the subtle use of rampager legs? And realised that holy :cuss it's me!

Love that name. Can't wait to read what you whip up for him, and the paintjob. Yeah, I had a set of those legs I bought off ebay, but they didn't really fit in with a side project I'm working on. Your gain!!

Whipped up a quick line legionary to practice my brush strokes on. XIX Legion, Terran-born Lukas Sarrn.

q0lb.jpg

Will update with paint in the next couple days smile.png

I always love seeing your new stuff KBA, you never disappoint! Legionary Lukas is awesome and I love his pose and mix of armour marks, especially how you've used a Medusan Immortal bionic arm to show how he's been through hell and dragged himself out the other side. :)

Thanks, Sanguinius smile.png. Forgeworld may be a pricey entity, but it sure is fun to mix and match the kits. And without resin, I am nothing!!! smile.png

First off, a little update to show I am not entirely full of :cuss!:

f0uo.jpg

++XIX Legion -- VII Chapter -- II Battalion -- III Company -- I Squad: Lukas Sarrn++

Threw some paint on Sarrn.

The checkered markings make another appearance here. Their return signals a paradigm shift for my Heresy Era RG. That, along with the chevron on the bolter. No longer am I tying my ship to Gav Thorpe's official fluff. Instead, the new direction will allow for much more creativity and a much more dynamic character for my Ravens.

Ah, yes, the mkVI set comes with 'pre legion mkIV' power packs. What do you think of them? They're original but I like the new (for mkIV, at least) ones.

I find the blue pouches to clash with the bolter's red stripes, but I like these same stripes and the checkered pattern, as well as the decal on his vambrace.

Ah, yes, the mkVI set comes with 'pre legion mkIV' power packs. What do you think of them? They're original but I like the new (for mkIV, at least) ones.

I find the blue pouches to clash with the bolter's red stripes, but I like these same stripes and the checkered pattern, as well as the decal on his vambrace.

It's actually the power pack from the Raven Guard Acc. set. Not sure if that's the same build or not. I honestly never noticed a difference between any of the packs in this style.

The blue/purple pouches came over from the previous scheme that I was using for the spot color. I thought of changing them to a brown or a grey, but decided to keep 'em. I need something in there to differentiate my legionaries from Black Templar who are iconic black, grey/white, and red. I felt by keeping the colors soft on the red and grey that it worked. Maybe the highlighting to a blue/purple instead of white/grey on the black armor was enough?

Archived