Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sentinels: Escalation Campaign 2021

WIP DIY Sentinels

• Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels

And another done.

fIleRQg.jpg

Just the squad Sergeant to go...

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current project: Escalation Campaign 2021

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts

Sergeant complete!

EYzwGz7.jpg

And a shot of the squad:

y6rXTKQ.jpg

Not sure what to do next... Maybe a land speeder?

• Dr_Ruminahui likes this

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts

It's been years since I last painted a land speeder, and good God is that kit a mare. Especially since this one was the older, pre-redesign version.

HJ11FJX.jpg

The purity seal is covering up a truly massive gap in the hull. Also, if you look closely, you can see parts where the primer frosted up a little because I underestimated the humidity (I guess?) that day.

First of three, but the next two are the redesigned sprues.

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

The Sentinels

War of the Eagle

War of the Eagle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 217 posts
Very nice. Im liking the little details like what looks like a stripe of white on the fin.
  • Disruptor_fe404 likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,653 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Land Speeder.
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts

Very nice. Im liking the little details like what looks like a stripe of white on the fin.

Thanks! The white markings are how I'm designating elements of Lance Company. Wingtips and tailtips in particular are there for me to unify the aircraft and skimmers.

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts

So I've organised an Escalation Campaign for myself and a couple of friends (really! It's just the three of us). We will be starting with 500-point armies.

I am, of course, playing my Sentinels. In keeping in the spirit of Escalation Leagues/Campaigns and the White Dwarf Tales of Four Generals-type narrative, we are all starting new lists.

Thus, I present my first models for this campaign:

wtilVxp.jpg

Two Incursors! All of my Incurosrs will be made from a mix of Incursor parts and Reiver parts and I am actually waiting on helmets for these guys because the un-helmeted visor look of default Incursors did not agree with me. I'm also using Reiver bodies for the chest iconography, as Incursors are Close Support squads like Reivers.

• Brother Argent likes this

The Sentinels

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,995 posts
I am so happy to see this thread still going. Been away for a while (read: years) and catching up with threads I was invested in is a good feeling.

I'm excited to see more Primaris in Sentinel Silver!

++ Star Wardens//Lacunae//Thanas Drakoi ++

Brother Argent

Brother Argent

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts

There are a few select blogs on this forum that have been going for more then a few years and few can say they are still going strong after nearly a decade.  Heck I struggle to keep a log going for more then a few weeks.  I have been following these guys from the beginning and I must say I am jealous that you have kept up the commitment and dedication to the same force for so long and continue to produce high quality models.  Looking forward to what comes next for the Sentinels.

Oh and I would love a pre-escalation league army photo just to show how much you have got done in the past seven years.

gallery_48988_17142_38421.png

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts

I am so happy to see this thread still going. Been away for a while (read: years) and catching up with threads I was invested in is a good feeling.

I'm excited to see more Primaris in Sentinel Silver!

Thanks very much! I'm just glad that there are folks happy to share in my enthusiasm for the hobby... But have I got an update for you!

o1BCvcK.jpg

Incursor squad! Still waiting for some helmets to roll off the forge (as well as an arm for the sergeant), but the squad is pretty close to done.

There are a few select blogs on this forum that have been going for more then a few years and few can say they are still going strong after nearly a decade.  Heck I struggle to keep a log going for more then a few weeks.  I have been following these guys from the beginning and I must say I am jealous that you have kept up the commitment and dedication to the same force for so long and continue to produce high quality models.  Looking forward to what comes next for the Sentinels.

Oh and I would love a pre-escalation league army photo just to show how much you have got done in the past seven years.

Thanks for the kind words! Though my pile of shame has not diminished much over the course of the decade... sweat.gif

That photo is possible, I would just need to figure out the best way to do it. My place isn't particularly suited for photography of that scale, and the minis themselves live in a glass case which actually makes capturing them on digital film something of a nightmare. But possible, so I'll ponder how best to execute it!

• Brother Argent and NomadPainting like this

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts

Currently on the painting table:

T5UIiqR.jpg

Took longer than expected to get to this point, but not too much left to go on it!

• NomadPainting likes this

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts

Since their helmets came in and I finally finished painting them, these four are done:

oX8vPA8.jpg

Real happy with how they turned out. IMHO, the best use of Reivers is as Incursors (seriously, their battlefield role matches up, so I think their chest insignia should as well).

• NomadPainting likes this

The Sentinels

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,995 posts

IMHO, the best use of Reivers is as Incursors (seriously, their battlefield role matches up, so I think their chest insignia should as well).

Hard agree.

++ Star Wardens//Lacunae//Thanas Drakoi ++

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,612 posts

First Invictor warsuit completed! Deimos-Delta weapon configuration - I thoroughly dislike the heavy bolter sidearm concept, went with a more efficient use of the existing weapon mounts.

Also took a photo of it next to one of my old terminator models which served as inspiration for the pose - and boy do terminators look tiny next to these.

MNvH8jz.jpg

Already started working on the second Invictor...

• Grotsmasha likes this

The Sentinels

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WIP, DIY, Sentinels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users