Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sentinels: +IFE V+ Tactical Squad

WIP DIY Sentinels

• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sentinels
Since there'd be more updates this way, here's a generic WiP thread for all of my stuff.

So let's begin with the things I have:

boxes-p1.jpg

Left to right:
Top Row: Predator (I've also put a Razorback into that box), Battleforce.
Second Row: Land Speeder (current kit), Land Speeder Tornado (old metal-plastic hybrid kit), Dreadnought (I've actually put an extra half Dreadnought in the box too), Venerable Dreadnought, Furioso Dreadnought, Ironclad Dreadnought, Terminators (I've taken out the parts to make one Terminator, but have added two Terminators from Battle For Macragge to this box), Assault Terminators (I've taken the equivalent of two Terminators out of here), Black Templar Assault Squad (not actually much Black Templar stuff left, but the box has been filled up with three whole current Assault Squad kits), Dark Angels Command Squad (also not much left, but there's a Devastator Squad kit's heavy weapons in here, and most of the Command Squad kit), Sanguinary Guard (I've taken roughly two and a half whole models out of here).

boxes-p2.jpg

Left to right:
Top Row: Stormraven, two Stormtalons, Vindicator, two Predators, three Land Raider Crusader/Redeemers.
Second Row: Grey Knight Terminators (parts for one taken out), Grey Knights (parts for one taken out), Deathwing Terminators (parts for one taken out), Ravenwing Squadron.
Not pictured: Land Raider Crusader (metal-plastic hybrid).

boxes-p3.jpg

Forgeworld stuff, in no particular order:
Two MkIIc Rhino chassis, Rhino Extra Armour, Land Raider Spaced Armour, Land Raider Reinforced Armour, Tigrus pattern bolters (bolters already used, only the accessories left), Boarding Assault Kit, MkII Assault Squad, MkIII Squad.

So yes, I have lots of stuff to do! Worth noting that some of this is many years old. We're talking about being from when the 4th ed Codex was new. I'm pretty set for a while, honestly.

Things currently on the workbench:

The second Venerable Dreadnought for my (now retired) Azrael-VenDread spam list. A Command Squad for that same list, and I'll get to the third Venerable Dreadnought eventually!

In the meantime, here's a Terminator Sergeant, made from Grey Knight Terminator and Deathwing Knight parts. Not going to be as easy as I thought, but nothing I can't handle.

term1.jpg

And finally, a Tartaros Terminator with minor conversion.

tart1.jpg

More updates to come!

Oh, and be aware, the updates might not make progression sense, as I jump around between projects a lot (my Honour Guard were a very major exception).

Edited by Disruptor_fe404, 04 October 2017 - 09:25 AM.
Tags edited

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: + Imperial Fists Expansion V +  Tactical Squad

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,782 posts
  • Chapter Name: Eagles Eternal
Quite a lot of stuff in there. Got a price tag?

You really gota get to work.
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
Eagles Eternal 4-1-1
ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpggallery_48988_6285_5081.jpggallery_48988_6285_1098.jpggallery_48988_6285_1641.jpg

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,332 posts
  • Chapter Name: Confessors

OOOOHH, Well I'll be sure to check on this thread somewhat frequently.  I love the old metal-plastic hybrid LRC kit on a visual level, and I'm interested to see what you'll do with it.  The terminator sergeant is off to a good start.

Looking forward to more from you *hopefully* soon!

Cactus, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:10, said:

The_Chaplain hath spoken so here endeth the debate! 

Check out my space marine DIY, The Confessors here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png 35499214321_eaf52ccf5f_o.gifgallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

Gearhart

Gearhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 147 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial fists

Thanks for the message mate! Looking forward to seeing this!

Sincerely, Gearhart

For the glory of Dorn and our home world Terra!
WALLS FAIL, FISTS DO NOT!

Imperial fist log 10,000 points

Facebook

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

A quick shot of the Venerable Dreadnought:

I might finish this one off soon since I've also completed the plasma cannon and powerfist for it (photos tonight I guesss?).

Also made some progress on the first Tart Termy.

So actually, yes, more photos soon!

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,320 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

looks like you'll be having fun .luckythumbsup.gif

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,009 posts

Woah! That's a :cuss ton of plastic and resin! Kudos for tackling such a giant project. May you have the zeal to finish :)

gallery_48988_6285_60.jpggallery_48988_6285_269.jpgYbopIX9.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

KBA: It sure is! It will take time, and it will be difficult, but I will persevere.

Okay, so the difficulty has more to do with time and less to do with the actual working on models...

Anyhow, blu-tacked the venerable dread together:

My photoshopping washed out some of the detail on his sarcophagus, but he's named Cale. The photos definitely come out better when I've got a proper background on them like I do on my completed pictures.

And yes, that is a little thumb-thing that he has on his hand!

The Sentinels

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,829 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Tyr

Hehe, I like the thumb-talon.

If I was going to make one bit of constructive criticism, it would be that (based on your earlier thread) you seem to be a master of the ornate 'look' of Space Marines - all of your Honour Guard + the Chapter Master are really, really outstanding in their baroque, ornate armour and weaponry, and each one looks like his armour and wargear was hand-crafted by a master artificer - but the Dreadnought is a little bland. I'm well aware he's only blue-tacked together but I felt I should say it now rather than later on when he's finished. Because he's a Dreadnought, he (IMHO) should look ancient and have wargear and armour that is much, much more ornate and unique than that of the Honour Guard. There are plenty of ways of doing it (whether you want to convey it via paintjob, bits, or both) but just thought I'd share what popped into my head at first glance. Specifically, his 'shoulders' and the top of his chassis were what stood out to me. What you do with the base will also have a big impact as well.

Hope that gives some food for thought. Looking forward to seeing the FW stuff put together :)

-Arkhan

B0BsTLO.jpg   vV378By.jpg

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

The Chapter Master and the Honour Guard are purposely ornate at a level above-and-beyond the rest of my Chapter (as befits the 'too awesome to use' concept I had by creating them as a unit that likely will never see play at all), and (in my headcanon/mindmovie) will never be matched on that front elsewhere in the Chapter. Plus, this particular dreadnought has to 'sync' up (visually anyway) with his 'brother' dreadnought, and I also need to do a third at some point to finish off that list (which is admittedly from last edition and the previous Dark Angels Codex) that will fit with both.

I definitely agree that the shoulders and the top of the torso are too bare though. And that I need to do something good with the base (my weakness at the moment). I definitely couldn't quite put my finger on what it needed, so that helped a lot actually!

And unfortunately, units that match my Honour Guard/CM will be few and far between. That being said, the Chappy I'm making for Grotsmasha's conversion challenge is meant to be my Master of Sanctity, and he'll need a Reclusiam Honour Guard too.

Of course, once that's done, I very well can't leave the Librarium out of the fun. And they'll all need rides...

The Armoury and the Apothecarion are getting shafted though.

The Sentinels

Captain Cirrius

Captain Cirrius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Retribution

ive been waiting for this thread :)

ETL_2013_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

ive been waiting for this thread smile.png

Have you now? Well then, I had better reward your patience...

Sword Company Command Squad, to follow this guy around:

Some of you might (maybe...) remember him as my entry into the Golden Bolters many turns ago.

The Sentinels

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,671 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators/imperial fists
That helmet! I neeeeeed it!

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

That helmet! I neeeeeed it!

Carefully shave (or even more carefully file) down a beakie, and you too can have one!

• jeremy1391 likes this

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

Slow going, owing to other priorities, but here's the first Tart, assembled.

The hammer is the weapon for the next one, and he'll be holding it in that exact position, striking a badass pose and leaning it against his shoulder.

• Soldier of Dorn likes this

The Sentinels

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,320 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

Very cool like the detail on the terminator.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

Thanks! Some of the extra detail that went on him is there to obscure casting flaws. Not the arm though, that's there because I wanted a wrist-mounted weapon due to how cool they are.

I'm basing him soon, and have painted up the hammer too, so those will be up soon.

Hopefully.

The Sentinels

recon0321

recon0321

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,953 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII LEGION ASTARTES
Simply amazing models....
Signature not compliant with B&C forum rules (Photobucket hot-linking issue)...
[img=http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab278/ski1391/cb80aa7d829fa3e9162f6e70657e50ac.jpg]

Profile photo courteous of Flint13

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

Quick and dirty phone photo of the first Tart after basing.

My first time using static grass (it's the dark tufts in the photo), so it's actually a bit of a fail on that front. Next time I'll be really generous with it.

And the parts I'm using for grotsmasha's Chaplain Conversion Challenge:

First order of business is to get rid of the brush on his head!

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

Bam! Update!

Not the best photo ever, strictly speaking, but it conveys what I'm going for. More work on my Master of Sanctity this week, since I have a deadline of 2nd May for it since I don't want to fail the Chaplain Conversion Challenge.

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

Fell off the face of the Earth for a fortnight! Been focusing on my Master of Sanctity (originally planned to work on him much further down the line, but the Chaplain Conversion Challenge was a good excuse to get stuck in).

Synod-Marshal Hector Mord, Master of Sanctity to the Sentinels (counts-as Thulsa Kane):

Back to painting Tartaros Terminators now. The fellow with the thunder hammer has been glaring at me angrily. Or would be, if I had already chosen a head for him...

• Grimm Blade, Lord Sondar, Bryan Blaire and 2 others like this

The Sentinels

Febelcrofas

Febelcrofas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
Nice kit bashes there brother, can't wait to see your force take shape!

When you absolutely positively know that your next dice roll is going to obliterate your enemy, we call that "showing him his nan".

Piezel Tactica 101

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,829 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Tyr

He's very good. Look forward to seeing him painted. Nice 'flowing' stance. I'm keen to see the whole Tartaros squad painted as well!

I will say though that his right foot (from his own perspective) looks a little 'floaty'. Some GS beneath the boot textured to look like the base would cure that no prob.

B0BsTLO.jpg   vV378By.jpg

MagicMan

MagicMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,165 posts
  • Chapter Name: Marines Errant

Awesome! Cool pose.

gallery_48988_6285_1353.png

Jupiter Forge

Jupiter Forge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
  • Chapter Name: "Crimson Castellans"

As I said when I posted in your special-character thread... I love these.

Always been a fan of metalic paint jobs and with the added Dark-Angel iconography from the new models - fantastic looking!

Going to be doing the same to my Chapter with the DA stuff, can't wait to see more of yours. :)

"The Wind at our backs, Faith in our hearts… FOR THE EMPEROR, ADVANCE!" ~ Korealon Jen'Thane, Grand-Admiral of the Crimson Castellans

The Crimson Castellans WIP Project - On hold, but ever ongoing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WIP, DIY, Sentinels

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users