Sentinels: 2024! Technically my first Intercessor...

Vow complete.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/ETLII_Vow114.jpg

It's hard to tell, but my workbench is clear too.

That would be because I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow!

Still deciding whether or not I should take something to paint with me.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how that last post didn't get any replies last time around.

As always, your work looks more than the sum of its parts as an ensemble - the individual models are great but as a unit they're badass. I like the different character feel to each individual Terminator.

So...updates? :P

I don't know how that last post didn't get any replies last time around.

As always, your work looks more than the sum of its parts as an ensemble - the individual models are great but as a unit they're badass. I like the different character feel to each individual Terminator.

So...updates? :tongue.:

Thanks mate! They were a joy to work on, I have to say.

Updates are in the pipe (five by five?). Just finding my feet again, since I got home last Saturday after four weeks abroad!

I got a fair few likes when the Terminators showed up in the Dark Angels ETL II Strategium. :thumbsup:

First thing on the table is the last member of Honour Guard unit 1, the Chapter Banner Bearer. Might throw a WiP pic up later tonight perhaps. Once he's mostly done (I'll be leaving the banner itself for much later), I'll get back to the other five Terminators in the above squad. And maybe a few bits and bobs to the above five (mostly thinking a topper of some kind for the Sergeant, and maybe a couple of purity seals or parchment strips for the Cataphractii to distinguish them from each other a little more).

Small update!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/sb-wip-2.jpg

Basically the bits and pieces I painted while away on holiday! The Honour Guard standard bearer. Though the mk III helm is for a different model.

EDIT: For reference, the last time I did anything with the standard bearer, it looked like this: 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/sb-wip.jpg

Edited by Disruptor_fe404

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

D'oh! Just noticed I missed a (rather large) spot of wash on his inner right leg.

And I'm usually so thorough... :pinch:

He's pretty heavy on the purple too, now that I'm looking at it in a slightly more detached fashion. Might have to rethink how much purple will be going on one of the upcoming guys, whom I was planning to give even more purple armour.

I like him, two comments I'd make would be that his right-hand shoulderpad (the non-Crux one) appears a little bland, and so does the area immediately below his chest aquila. I'm wondering if you wouldn't consider doing a freehand design in both areas to break it up somewhat and really give the impression of ornate, embellished armour. For some reason I had celtic swirls in my head as a possible pattern, but I'm not sure that'd suit the overall theme of the Sentinels. You could very easily substitute transfers if you're not willing to go down the freehand route.

Otherwise, props for making purple look good and not silly, I normally hate it on Marines but it looks regal enough to work here.

Man, I need to get back into the painting hobby.

I was definitely looking at them (the whole squad) recently and thinking that I should add more stuff to them. Mostly in the form of purity seals and scroll cases and whatnot.

That shoulder pad stays empty though. It's where the Sentinels' Chapter symbol would go, if they hadn't decided long ago to leave their Chapter pauldron blank to honour their brothers who died on Antios as well as to honour the sacrifices of the Antiosi people themselves.

Thanks matey! Kit bashing is by far the part of the hobby I enjoy the most. There's something very fulfilling about being able to create something unique from stock parts.

Feel free to follow the thread for update notifications!

And speaking of updates, I should have some more painted parts to show off soon. Probably tomorrow night, even.