Sentinels: 2024! Technically my first Intercessor...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate! Excited to finally have a completed bike squad as my full-Company project was inspired by the idea to own a bike-based Company... And somehow, despite being 30% of the way through the project, this will be the first bike squad done... :huh.:

Man, you responded fast! :laugh.:

• 1 month later...

Have spent the past couple days cleaning resin. Here is all the stuff that got chucked in the bin after I removed and cleaned the actual parts.

CMiFAu0.jpg

That's a lot of resin!

Have also decided to salvage some bikes I got from the guy who got me into the game, ol' EnigmaShadow.

QRt66Xp.jpg

Beautiful, aren't they? Ol' mate has come a long way, painting-wise. Luckily I only need the bike bodies, back wheels, and riding legs!

• 5 weeks later...

Slight detour from salvaging the bikes!

Ever since Games Workshop/Citadel stopped manufacturing Mithril Silver and didn't manufacture a matching replacement, I've known that my supply has been on borrowed time. With the bike squad finished, so too did my last pot of Mithril Silver.

After some testing, I've settled on Shining Silver from Army Painter, and have painted up a test miniature using it:

sKwLzQM.jpg

To assist with ensuring it's indistinguishable from Mithril Silver, one of the shoulder pads above is actually painted in Mithril Silver (feel free to guess which one!), while the rest of the pieces are Shining Silver. The base is not done yet! Once this guy is assembled, he will be the first member of the squad that rides the Stormraven that I finished a while ago.

Very nice, the new silver looks great.

Thanks mate! Yeah I'm definitely stoked that it works great as a replacement. In hindsight, I may have been overly worried about it standing out from my older models too much...

Time to move on to tackling the salvaged bikes proper!

I've been watching and lurking on this thread since you first started and I just went back through all 18 pages to get caught back up on the Sentinels and I have to say, I loved what you have done with the regular marines all the way to your Primaris marines. Keep up the good work! 

I've been watching and lurking on this thread since you first started and I just went back through all 18 pages to get caught back up on the Sentinels and I have to say, I loved what you have done with the regular marines all the way to your Primaris marines. Keep up the good work! 

Thanks heaps mate! I'm looking forward to doing more! For now I'm just prepping everything so the first salvaged biker can be painted as part of the lockdown painting challenge, which starts in a few days...

• 3 weeks later...

Almost done with this chap:

HMOXOW7.jpg

Not happy with the right arm I've chosen, so am finding a replacement. Other than that, there's just the base left to go.

Fun fact, this model is super fragile because the vast majority of attachment points are less than 100% mated...

• 1 month later...

They say there is another...

woybvGo.jpg

Somehow went on a painting and building spree without taking photos, thus another biker is complete! In fact, I've even started on a further biker addition to the squad...

w5vM8Ye.jpg

Also managed to confirm that I'm getting an Indomitus box from my FLGS's initial shipment, which is great. Which is great news because it means Lance Company is about to get some long-awaited Primaris bikers!

Those of you who have been keeping up with the future releases will also know about the Primaris biker Chaplain, which also means Lance Company's Reclusiarch will be crossing the Rubicon as opposed to getting a firstborn model as originally planned... :biggrin.:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not the best photo to show off his combi-melta, but I have finished the second bike sergeant now too.

iUL9RrG.jpg

And here is a pict-capture of both squads assembled and showing off.

c3wldYh.jpg

Short break from bikes for me; going to finish off the squad that Pointy-McGunner (the test model a few posts up) is from.

You mean painting machine!

Been a while since I last popped my head in here; glad I did as you're still doing good work. :thumbsup:

What can we look forward to seeing next?

Thanks dude!

In record time, I've painted up this fellow:

0ERtEdk.jpg

He's a Space Marine Heroes Series 1 model, with a headswap. And a backpack swap too, technically.

I'll be finishing the rest of his squad shortly!