Sentinels: 2024! Technically my first Intercessor...

• 4 weeks later...

It's been years since I last painted a land speeder, and good God is that kit a mare. Especially since this one was the older, pre-redesign version.

HJ11FJX.jpg

The purity seal is covering up a truly massive gap in the hull. Also, if you look closely, you can see parts where the primer frosted up a little because I underestimated the humidity (I guess?) that day.

First of three, but the next two are the redesigned sprues.

Very nice. Im liking the little details like what looks like a stripe of white on the fin.

Thanks! The white markings are how I'm designating elements of Lance Company. Wingtips and tailtips in particular are there for me to unify the aircraft and skimmers.

• 5 months later...

So I've organised an Escalation Campaign for myself and a couple of friends (really! It's just the three of us). We will be starting with 500-point armies.

I am, of course, playing my Sentinels. In keeping in the spirit of Escalation Leagues/Campaigns and the White Dwarf Tales of Four Generals-type narrative, we are all starting new lists.

Thus, I present my first models for this campaign:

wtilVxp.jpg

Two Incursors! All of my Incurosrs will be made from a mix of Incursor parts and Reiver parts and I am actually waiting on helmets for these guys because the un-helmeted visor look of default Incursors did not agree with me. I'm also using Reiver bodies for the chest iconography, as Incursors are Close Support squads like Reivers.

• 1 month later...

There are a few select blogs on this forum that have been going for more then a few years and few can say they are still going strong after nearly a decade.  Heck I struggle to keep a log going for more then a few weeks.  I have been following these guys from the beginning and I must say I am jealous that you have kept up the commitment and dedication to the same force for so long and continue to produce high quality models.  Looking forward to what comes next for the Sentinels.

Oh and I would love a pre-escalation league army photo just to show how much you have got done in the past seven years.

I am so happy to see this thread still going. Been away for a while (read: years) and catching up with threads I was invested in is a good feeling.

I'm excited to see more Primaris in Sentinel Silver!

Thanks very much! I'm just glad that there are folks happy to share in my enthusiasm for the hobby... But have I got an update for you!

o1BCvcK.jpg

Incursor squad! Still waiting for some helmets to roll off the forge (as well as an arm for the sergeant), but the squad is pretty close to done.

There are a few select blogs on this forum that have been going for more then a few years and few can say they are still going strong after nearly a decade.  Heck I struggle to keep a log going for more then a few weeks.  I have been following these guys from the beginning and I must say I am jealous that you have kept up the commitment and dedication to the same force for so long and continue to produce high quality models.  Looking forward to what comes next for the Sentinels.

Oh and I would love a pre-escalation league army photo just to show how much you have got done in the past seven years.

Thanks for the kind words! Though my pile of shame has not diminished much over the course of the decade... :sweat:

That photo is possible, I would just need to figure out the best way to do it. My place isn't particularly suited for photography of that scale, and the minis themselves live in a glass case which actually makes capturing them on digital film something of a nightmare. But possible, so I'll ponder how best to execute it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since their helmets came in and I finally finished painting them, these four are done:

oX8vPA8.jpg

Real happy with how they turned out. IMHO, the best use of Reivers is as Incursors (seriously, their battlefield role matches up, so I think their chest insignia should as well).

• 2 months later...

First Invictor warsuit completed! Deimos-Delta weapon configuration - I thoroughly dislike the heavy bolter sidearm concept, went with a more efficient use of the existing weapon mounts.

Also took a photo of it next to one of my old terminator models which served as inspiration for the pose - and boy do terminators look tiny next to these.

MNvH8jz.jpg

Already started working on the second Invictor...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ooof, that's one hell of a sidetrack. Life, uh... Finds a way. Hello again everyone!

Anyway, here's the much-postponed but recently-completed leader for what would have been my Escalation Campaign's task force (the campaign itself didn't and won't happen).

5e9EDD7.jpg

I present to you, for your consideration, Legate Casmir of Shield Company.

Very happy with how he turned out, despite some terrible misalignment of his arms needing correction after I thought I had nailed everything down perfectly. Quite proud of my first attempt at conveying a mid-shift active camouflage effect on his cloak, but wow was that time-consuming!

On 4/11/2023 at 11:49 PM, ZeroWolf said:

I do like the cloak effect as well, nice work!

Thanks very much! I'll probably attempt it again when I get to painting my Eliminators, though they will probably be somewhat less pronounced than this one.

A pal and I have decided to give Kill Team a go. And instead of doing Intercessors to start, I decided to go with Phobos, since I hear the gameplay is more difficult but more rewarding.

So here's the first member of the squad - built in record time! While this is recognisably a Reiver, I intend for the whole squad to be an Infiltrator squad in 40k proper, and as such opted to retain the silhouette that the Infiltrator backpack imparts.

ItE1Qks.jpg

Definitely open to what folks think of this Reiver-Infiltrator mashup...

Infiltrator Veterans seem like the kind of model that should show up in every Phobos Strike Team, so... Here's mine!

GQqnkd5.jpg

Came together exactly as I had envisioned him, so am very happy with the model.