Sentinels: 2024! Technically my first Intercessor...

Razorback complete!

This is the Unbroken Reach, designated transport for Squad Alturas.

bpElHh2.jpg

Pretty happy with how it turned out, though I may touch up the headlights if I can muster up the effort. Recycled an old razorback turret to go with the old rhino hull I used.

Good job on the Razorback. Is it meant to be camouflaged? The colors are quite dull, compared to the "I'M A SPACE MARINE!!!" brightness seen in Games Workshop magazine.

Nah, the tank is the same silver as the rest of my guys, its just the lighting, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so!

Sometime in the next couple of months, the date will pass which marks 15 years since I bought my first Warhammer 40,000 models (secondhand, of course!) from EnigmaShadow.

Given that 15 years in this hobby is a fairly auspicious occasion, I figured I'd try to mark the date somehow.

Which is how I ended up putting together my first Primaris model!

I present to you, Legate Lanios, the Twice-Haloed, Firstborn Scion of Lance, Master of the Cauldronborn.

CzTrrec.jpg

As far as conversions go, nothing too ambitious here; I was primarily aiming to establish a feel for the Primaris of the Sentinels. I figured that since they are 'young' (as far as the Chapter is concerned), the heavy modification / customisation / personalisation of armour would be far less prevalent, and in effect would be limited to what they could stick / carve / swap onto their Mk X suits.

The Sentinels in general probably view their Primaris Astartes as upstarts, inexperienced and mostly untested given their integration for 100 years when compared to the Chapter's 8000+ year existence. As a result, the Primaris would have more to prove (so to speak), which would mean that any awards they've received would be displayed fairly prominently.

Further, while the more experienced Primaris (themselves being rarities) would share an aesthetic closer to the Paladins and Knights I've already built, the younger Primaris would lean more on the technical / logical / military aesthetic as an identity, favouring practical and functional additions as opposed to the symbolic and heraldic details (though these details would still show up, they are still Sentinels after all). So while this latter aesthetic isn't demonstrated by Lanios (who - in the fluff I have thought up for him - is the oldest Primaris in the Sentinels), it will be something I'll be keeping in mind for other Primaris. In short, I'm planning to have fun in a slightly different direction when I tackle future Primaris models.

Things I've learned while working on Lanios:

• Primaris models are VERY fun to paint! All the extra details, the difference in thigh armour, the abdomen plates, even the undersuit where it shows, all are different enough to feel better to paint.
  • I am NOT a fan of both legs and the torso being matched, despite the fact that it leads to more realistic and organic poses. The reduced variability definitely tempers my ambition when it comes to conversion.

In any case, I'm undecided on what I should do next. With this in mind, I'm putting it to anyone reading this! So for the next couple of days, let me know what you'd would like to see me progress or start on (though I don't see myself going for 100% completion on any of the options just yet):

• Make progress on an in-progress vehicle
  • Make progress on some in-progress line troops
  • Start on the first models of a new unit of line troops
  • Start on a new vehicle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Disruptor_fe404 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the +Adeptus Astartes+ and vow to complete one (1) Hellblaster Squad comprised of 1 Hellblaster Sergeant with plasma incinerator and plasma pistol and 4 Hellblasters with plasma incinerators of total value 172 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

Below is my 'before' picture:

WyfQu3O.jpg

I am planning to mix in some parts from Dark Imperium for variety. I'll be posting progress photos here rather than the ETL VI outpost.

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly behind schedule, but here's my first WiP update for ETL VI!

IqXFdiV.jpg

One Hellblaster ready for primer, a Hellblaster Sergeant in progress, and a completed Hellblaster made from a Dark Imperium Intercessor.

I get a decent amount of time tomorrow to work on the Sergeant, and hopefully the weather around here is good enough for me to prime the next Hellblaster as well.

One down, four to go!

That is a fantastic Hellblaster mate!

Cheers mate!

And for a small update, the in-progress Hellblaster Sergeant is becoming just another Hellblaster as I have now realised that torso makes an awesome pose with a certain gun + arms combo.

How have you done your panel lining? I was thinking of something similar to this scheme, and I am just curious how you've painted it. It's really wonderful

Thanks mate! I basically put down a layer of silver as the base, then wash it heavily with black. After the black has dried, I clean it up with a couple of thin layers of silver. Look at the inner thigh and upper calf below:

mH4pECI.jpg

That's all there is to it really. :yes:

• 1 month later...