Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sentinels: Lance Company - salvaging some bikes

WIP DIY Sentinels

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

Looks good!!

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels

First model on the block for 2020 is in progress!

I'm real happy with how the smoke turned out.

ZrmB7sS.jpg

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: Lance Company - salvaging some bikes

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

Infiltrator complete! That's my second Kill Team model done.

9mmE9q5.jpg

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, Sgt. Blank, Kyknos of Athena and 2 others like this

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

Moving on to a bike-mounted Sergeant for my beakie biker gang!

cxfGNjx.jpg

The Sentinels

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

Nice work so far that color is really solid!

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl, 16 February 2020 - 10:59 AM.

• Disruptor_fe404 likes this

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

Thanks mate! Excited to finally have a completed bike squad as my full-Company project was inspired by the idea to own a bike-based Company... And somehow, despite being 30% of the way through the project, this will be the first bike squad done... huh.png

Man, you responded fast! laugh.png

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

The much-delayed first biker Sergeant! Really happy with him.

g6wtXmZ.jpg

Had to rethink my original plan for the wing on the back, as my original idea had too small a contact point for the mass of the piece.

• Syward likes this

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

Have spent the past couple days cleaning resin. Here is all the stuff that got chucked in the bin after I removed and cleaned the actual parts.

CMiFAu0.jpg

That's a lot of resin!

Have also decided to salvage some bikes I got from the guy who got me into the game, ol' EnigmaShadow.

QRt66Xp.jpg

Beautiful, aren't they? Ol' mate has come a long way, painting-wise. Luckily I only need the bike bodies, back wheels, and riding legs!

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

Slight detour from salvaging the bikes!

Ever since Games Workshop/Citadel stopped manufacturing Mithril Silver and didn't manufacture a matching replacement, I've known that my supply has been on borrowed time. With the bike squad finished, so too did my last pot of Mithril Silver.

After some testing, I've settled on Shining Silver from Army Painter, and have painted up a test miniature using it:

sKwLzQM.jpg

To assist with ensuring it's indistinguishable from Mithril Silver, one of the shoulder pads above is actually painted in Mithril Silver (feel free to guess which one!), while the rest of the pieces are Shining Silver. The base is not done yet! Once this guy is assembled, he will be the first member of the squad that rides the Stormraven that I finished a while ago.

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

Finished the new silver test model!

GVfSaHH.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the result, the new silver is basically indistinguishable!

• Doghouse likes this

The Sentinels

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,418 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

Very nice, the new silver looks great.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

Very nice, the new silver looks great.

Thanks mate! Yeah I'm definitely stoked that it works great as a replacement. In hindsight, I may have been overly worried about it standing out from my older models too much...

Time to move on to tackling the salvaged bikes proper!

The Sentinels

ChaptermasterDemon7

ChaptermasterDemon7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 536 posts
  • Faction: The Blood Guardians

I've been watching and lurking on this thread since you first started and I just went back through all 18 pages to get caught back up on the Sentinels and I have to say, I loved what you have done with the regular marines all the way to your Primaris marines. Keep up the good work! 

1.jpg

The Blood Guardians shall deliever the wrath of the Emperor through flame, bolter and blade till every last heretic is dead, burned or purged.

Wins= 4  Losses= 2 Draws= 2

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

I've been watching and lurking on this thread since you first started and I just went back through all 18 pages to get caught back up on the Sentinels and I have to say, I loved what you have done with the regular marines all the way to your Primaris marines. Keep up the good work! 

Thanks heaps mate! I'm looking forward to doing more! For now I'm just prepping everything so the first salvaged biker can be painted as part of the lockdown painting challenge, which starts in a few days...

The Sentinels

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,541 posts

The Lockdown Painting Challenge has begun!

t44ca35.jpg

Planning to get a gold badge off this one.

The Sentinels

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WIP, DIY, Sentinels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users