Grotsmasha's Conversion Challange: Chaplains

Grotsmasha

Welcome one and all to Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge: Chaplains, the first of which I hope to make an annual event.

So the premise is pretty simple, you have 1 month to kit-bash a Chaplain for your army or display following the rules outlined below.

RULES:
1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.
2- Must have Crozius and Skull Helm, doesn't need to be codex legal, rule of cool here. If a bare head is used, the helm must be attached to the model or base.
3- Maximum of 25% existing models in Metal/Finecast, and any Plastic Independent/Named Characters:
---25% consists of the following combinations;
--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model
---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models
---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models
---Torso- 25%
---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.
4- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt.
5- 1 calendar month build time, April 1st 2013 til May 2nd 2013, this guarantees everyone gets one month.
6- Multiple entries per user.
7- Wolf Priests and Dark Apostles acceptable, Skull Helms and Crozius' still required.
8- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start,.

HOW TO ENTER:
Right, so now you know the rules, how do you enter?

First off, declare your participation here in this thread, with the following declaration,

I, {insert your name} undertake Grotsmasha's Chaplain Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {insert unit type Chaplain/Wolf Priest/Dark Apostle} by May 2nd, 2013.

which will earn you a participation banner/pip to wear in your signature (Yet to be made).

Ok, so here is the Participation banner, hopefully I've gotten it right and it's size is acceptable,

gallery_48988_6285_1255.jpg gallery_48988_6285_1098.jpg

Secondly, I will create a completion thread and link it in this thread, that will be where completed models should be posted in the following format of Five pictures,

Front
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1044_zpsc60c2f66.jpg

Left
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1045_zpsdc766dc7.jpg

Rear
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1046_zps59a7b5a0.jpg

Right
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1047_zps78f1280f.jpg

3 View - A raised or lowered pic showing 2 sides of the model.
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG1048_zpsfd11b11c.jpg

Completing your kitbash before May 2nd will earn you a Completion banner/pip to wear in your signature (Also yet to be made).

Post your completed Chaplains here, Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge Completion Thread

In addition to the banners/pips offered for participation/completeion, there will be a prize!!!!!!

What prize?? I hear you ask. It will be my entry into this challenge. This prize will be awarded to my favourite entry, and it will be completely based on my personal preferences and opinions.

Ok, just one last rule, HAVE FUN!!!!!, this little challenge is all about creating a cool new model for your army

If anyone has questions or needs clarification on something, just post here or shoot me a P.M.

Ok guys, here's the list of current Participants as of May 2nd, there's 48 of you guys, wear the Participation Banner with pride!!!!!

ben rolls
Brother Excedis
Captain Cirrius
Capitano
cod_lover
Cornelias
Dark Scipio
Danny Cyanide
deathspectersgt7
Demus Ragnok
Disruptor_fe404
Edge-of-Infinity
furioso-prime
GooseDaMoose
Grazgruzk
Grotsmasha
HellChyld
Icetooth
Inquisitor Xenthor
JAFisher
Kal-Elvis
kinda
leinmann
Lestat
longfang66
Madwolf Shadowmane
marvmoogy
Midnight Runner
noctus cornix
One-eye
Paladin7221
recon0321
Reyner
Raztalin
RedInventer
S7RYPE
Sciptor Tharxes
Silver Pheonix
sonofpollux
Stercus
[TA]Typher
Thirdfox
Toxichobbit

Varred
Vazzy
Venemox
War Angel
Xenith

Cheers,
Jono

I, furioso-prime, undertake Grotsmasha's Chaplain Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Reclusiarch/Chaplain by May 2nd, 2013. this I vow on my Honor.

For Ithaka, for McCragge, For the Maelstrom, for those we Cherish

I, Silver Phoenix, undertake Grotsmasha's Chaplain Kit Bash Challenge to kit bash one Chaplain by March 2nd 2013

Oh, and you dont specify how much of the 25% a metal back pack takes up...  Hoping I can use a metal backpack with a metal hand and crozius.  Not the whole arm, just the hand.

1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.

2- Must have Crozius and Skull Helm, doesn't need to be codex legal, rule of cool here. If a bare head is used, the helm must be attached to the model or base.

3- Maximum of 25% existing models in Metal/Finecast, and any Plastic Independent/Named Characters:

---25% consists of the following combinations;

--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model

---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models

---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models

---Torso- 25%

---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.

4- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt.

5- 1 calendar month build time, April 1st 2013 til May 2nd 2013, this guarantees everyone gets one month.

6- Multiple entries per user.

7- Wolf Priests and Dark Apostles acceptable, Skull Helms and Crozius' still required.

8- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start,.

I'm confused. so only 25% can be made from existing parts... meaning 75% has to be made from scratch?  

I understand that we can't use more than 25 % of an existing named / special character model nor any chaplain (even "unamed"), be it finecast, metal or plastic. For the head, fully scratched if I understood well again.

But it should be confirmed by Grotsmasha.

@ Ferrus Manus: I means the rest should come from plastic kits.

@ Colonel_Logan: I guess that'll be OK, as long as the finished model is clearly a Chaplain.

Backpacks also do not count towards tue 25% limitation.

One-eye has it right, but concerning the helm, I simply meant that you could use any Skull helm from any model and it will not count towards the 25% limitation.

Cheers,

Jono

The rules are intended to force a little more creativity than buying a couple of models and gluing them together. I'm open to flexibility on the rules, if you've got something very specific in mind, let me know, I'm open to a few exceptions, a long as the 'spirit' (for lack of a better word) of the challenge is adhered to.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived