Guard, Alcari+Hellainian+Kursk+Bethesdans+Inquisition+ETL

...for you.

I like how he turned out, and I continue to like the squad/gang whose member is posing with him here. Also, those enforcers are excellent - do keep making them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
wasnt going to do the ammobunker one mini a month challenge this year due to some bigger projects hopefully coming up, with a test of my Alcari tank scheme nearly done i figured i will give it a shot and keep going til the inevitable failure :)

in the mean time the "astra militarum" section have started a guard campaign that the new tank fitted into so i have also jumped on to that wagon, lets hope the wheels dont fall off too soon 

anyway, here is as far as i have got on the hell hound/chimedon conversion i did a while back, just used washes so far for the weathering but have some forgeworld weathering powders on the way, hopefully they will arrive in time for me to get it finished

any tips on desert weathering for dark/black tanks is welcome along with any tricks for the powders cheers

• 2 weeks later...

One of the tactics used by Alcari hellhound crews is to rough up their tanks to appear as wrecks, sitting out in the open until something comes close to investigate. The investigators are soon roasted alive.
The crew of the hellhound below used this tactic extensively on its last deployment in a desert, often burying over 50% of the vehicle in sand to appear immobilized.

or, it was my first time using weathering powders and i might have overdone it a bit :)

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/hellhound1_zpskhpwwmpb.jpg

also got the battlecannon turret done

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/chimedon1_zpsrabwu4cu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/tauroxbip1_zpsjxshxcqq.jpg

another bit of fun with magnets, this will be a chimera with all options and a taurox with everything but the missile launcher. regarding the magnetising of the taurox bits, am going to need another taurox autocannon, anybody got one spare? pm me 

• 1 month later...
got the taurox mostly done, just the magnetised chimera bits still to do

didnt hit this with much weathering as it will be doing double duty in the hives of necromunda where the sand doesnt make much sense. am thinking it will transport a unit of psykers in 40k and so a fluff blurb about the eerie-ness of the tank and the fact that even the sand doesnt want to be near it will happen at some point

also started on a sort of rogue trader/officer of the fleet 

am thinking a bicorne hat to play up the naval angle, considering his body cant have much in the way of 40k adding, due to magnetised for fantasy settings multi role, any thoughts on other additions? which pistol looks best?

been trying to concentrate on my tanks, am getting there but keep wanting to just grab random stuff and stick it together for realms of chaos, last night horuswaspretty(brotherinlaw)  was fiddling about with beastmen for his warband so the temptation was great but i persevered

once horus went home though i cracked and started work on modelling my tzeentchian champion so still have work to do on these, the B&C's deadline still seems a while away though so might still get done 

• 1 month later...

The russ' were submitted in time but awaiting a better pic due to washedoutness. Have entered the ETL with a hellhammer and some ogryns, 800 points for my first vow.

The forge has been awakened, sacred construction rituals are in progress

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/RADU_LYKAN/imperial%20guard/image_zpstvfpoxcu.jpeg

Started building the hellhammer last night only to find I have lost my 3mm drill bit with which I was going to magnetise the sponsons so am now waiting for the postie

• 2 weeks later...

(...)
as bane wasnt progressing very fast i built and sprayed a new bethesdan with a grenade launcher for omam. his pointing hand is magnetised for pistols etc dependent on how he gets on in necromunda campaigns
(...)

Can you tell mee where is grenade launcher is from? Doesn´t seem to be from GW, all of those I know are so thick and bulky...

Edit: Same question for the rough riders´ heads.

I like your conversions lot, I think you have a nice dark palette, the black ogryn with the tacked skull looks nice.

Too many good builds to one from though. Seems smart how you plan each model for different games.

I must confess I kind of lost track about what your main army was actually about.

Are those Bethsedans a selfmade regiment?

Cheers and much succes on your future models!

Edited by LordVelype

@lord velype- The grenade launcher is from mad robot miniatures, same as the ogryns (Jovian Hammers)

I have to say he does great customer service and despite ordering over a hundred models from him I have yet to get a miscast, his resin skills have meant zero flash and barely any mold lines, I cannot recommend him enough, when people give bad service we are all quick to cry foul and post everywhere about it, I think if somebody does everything right we should do the same and so here I am posting it anytime somebody asks about mad robot miniatures :)

The rough rider heads are from max mini, I will get around to the rest of them at some point :)

The bethesdans are a home brew regiment, I have fluffed out various regiments to populate my head canon for a sector my brother in law and I fight our battles in, over time hopefully more will make it into model form.

I was concentrating on a desert force and a city fight force but for some reason have now added a zone mortal is force which the ogryns will be part of, I also have models waiting for a jungle table as well at some point, one day................ :)

@ultrarich- squeeeeeeeeeee 5 minutes of fame lol

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have been working on necromunda a lot, as part of my duties as an organiser of tribemeet, a forum meet up on yaktribe, I took it upon my self to create an Adeptus Arbites force for the weekends finale, as part of that I managed to get a Valkyrie done which is also part of my Alcari army

aUhWSgU.jpg

YQP6QCw.jpg

Unfortunately despite buying an extra front plate and magnetising between inquisition and Aquila symbols I couldn't find either when the time came for paint, hopefully one day I will find them.

Here it is with the rest of the arbites

NEvLySl.jpg

• 1 year later...

I finished a van Saar gang which “accidentally” has the perfect load out to field them as a squad of veterans, still looking at list options, they may get a counts as centaur if I go the Krieg grenadier route. Any way, pics

O3qxAlI.jpg

Reinforcements (I miscalculated when I ordered these guys so not enough for a second squad. More on the way so one day should be able to field 30)

fpp1oBd.jpg

And their ride

e622Won.jpg

6qKyLp3.jpg

And altogether

bfsNw4o.jpg

• 4 months later...