Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can Land Raider Spam Be Competitive?

Blood Angels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

walpurgisnacht

walpurgisnacht

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 259 posts
Currently, I have 3 Phobos pattern and 2 ravens with bolster sponsons. I'm trying to figure my best options for what to field in/with them. Thinking of using ravens as gunships only. It's a little herohammery, but was considering 2libbies, a chappie and priests to go with Ras in LRs. Could be either very potent or pathetic...Some advice would be appreciated, thanks.:)
[I]Ahhhh, the children of the night...what music they make.

knife&fork

knife&fork

++ VISCERA LACERATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,701 posts

You already have a lot of points tied p in the raiders and ravens even with minimal squads, no need to go overboard. 

I'd say add a single unit to each raven, either a dread or small squad to capture objective late game, even scouts will do.

24 years of Blood Angels

Mr.selfdestruct

Mr.selfdestruct

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

Thank the dark gods, I've wanted to run a LR spam since I first picked up the BA codex.  It's become a definite curiosity for me, how would this work?  One of the best options I actually came up with was making it an AV13+ Spam, using 3 or 4 Assault squads in Raiders, then Predators and Baal's as support. The Baals along with taking LR Crusaders deal with infantry, while a standard LR and AC/LC predators deal with armor/flyers. I don't have the list in front of me, but it truly looked like it would work, barring a few nasty army lists (necron and tau primarily) 

I got half way to making the army as well, I have 4 land raiders sitting on the shelf waiting to see what I do with them lol