Pre heresy Emperor's children army (vanilla space marine dex

So I've played for along time and right now I have around 5000pts of ultramarines and several other armies that keep coming and going (I think I've finally decided that I will get rid of daemons and nids and go with grey knights). I've loved the heresy for ages and a few years ago I came so close to creating a Luna Wolves army but it never happened. So now I think I will finally do it with a 1500 EC army. This will bring my armys (hopefully) to 5000pts ultras, 1500pts EC's, 1000pts grey knights and 1500pts lizaedmen (not that they matter). So the first thing is do you think it is a good idea and second it do you like the list (it will be used for fun and for some tournaments). Now here is the list...         Space Marines 6th Ed (Primary Detachment) Selections: HQ (200pts)

• Selections:

Space Marines 6th Ed (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + (200pts)

* Captain Darnath Lysander (200pts)

+ Elites + (390pts)

* Ironclad Dreadnought (170pts) 
    * Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon
    Storm Bolter
    * Drop Pod (35pts) 
    Storm Bolter
    * Seismic Hammer
    Meltagun

* Terminator Squad (220pts) 

Terminator Sergeant (40pts)
    * Terminator (45pts) 
    Chainfist (5pts)
    * Terminator (45pts) 
    Chainfist (5pts)
    * Terminator (45pts) 
    Chainfist (5pts)
    * Terminator (45pts) 
    Chainfist (5pts)

+ Troops + (553pts)

* Scout Squad (78pts)
    * 4x Scout (52pts) 
    4x Sniper Rifle
    * Scout Sergeant (26pts) 
    Bolt Pistol, Camo Cloak (3pts), Sniper Rifle

* Tactical Squad (245pts) 
    Meltagun (5pts), Plasma Cannon (5pts), Rhino (35pts) (Repair, Tank), 9x Space Marine (144pts)
    * Space Marine Sergeant (56pts) 
    Boltgun, Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Fist (25pts)

* Tactical Squad (230pts)
    Meltagun (5pts), Plasma Cannon (5pts), Rhino (35pts) (Repair, Tank), 9x Space Marine (144pts)
    * Space Marine Sergeant (41pts) 
    Boltgun, Power Weapon (15pts)

+ Heavy Support + (355pts)

* Land Raider (260pts)
    Multi-Melta (10pts)

* Predator (95pts) 
    Autocannon, Heavy Bolters

• 1 month later...

Greetings, 

Not too fond of vanilla marines, but regarding the army build: Would be awesome if you tried squeezing in the Heresy models, Say; A contemptor dreadnought Counts as iron clad, Lysander based on that new terminator praetor model they are working on, Cataphractii terminators etc, 

Regarding the list: I would find points to upgrade the storm bolter on the ironclad to a heavy flamer, a heavy flamer jumping out of a drop pod increases the uses for the iron clad, no one is scared of a stormbolter, a s5 template that's deepstriking however...

You don't need 4 chainfists in a singel unit... especially not if lysander is in the unit aswell,

A librarian is always nice having, Don't remember what psychic schools a vanilla marine can pick.

Scouts like having Camo cloaks if you are using them,(all of them). Also a missile launcher comes in handy.

If you intend to reach melée with your raider (and terminators?) Extra armour might be worth looking over, not as usefull as in 5th ed, still has it's place though

Also I belive you are not alowed to post individual point costs on the forums.

Good luck :3

Archived