++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

CHДPTЁЯ ОF THЁ ЯЦЇЙЁD КЇЙG

Шояd Бєaґєяs Lёgюи
mu7sIKO.png

F̦͕̖͈̦̞̻̦̎̏̋͌̾͌̆̕̕͜͝ͅṛ̩̺͖̦̪͇̙͚͌̃̅͛͛͒̈͗̓͜͝ơ̧̙̙͕͈͖̣͈͓̆̈́̃̑̅͂̆̕͝ͅm̢̳̫̟̳͙̝̙̥͍̎̎͐̓̈̆͊̽̕͝ ̡̨̯̖͇̝͔̱͖͊̈͊͐͑̈́̾́̒̚͜ţ͕͚̣͚̣͚̹͍̮͐͒̈͒̒͊͑͌̈́͠h̨͎̩̫͈̝̫̮͕̳̑́̐̈̌̽̎́̏͝é̡̛̬̰̜̺̼̗͓̬̭͊̏̍͋̋͑͂̚ ̨̡̥̳͍͖͉̠̠́̏́̍̑͑̈́̾̈́͝ͅĄ̩͖̬̘͚̜̩͆̈̓͌̈́̐͗̀͂͜͝ͅb̩͎͚͇̼̮̻̹͈͖̓̎̊͌̓͊̌̾͒̎y̢̨̛̘͍̮̩̩̪̲̌̔̎̔̿̑́͛͝ͅş̛͇̪͕̗͎̤̦̒͂̐̂͂̈́́͘͜͝ͅs͈̠̘̮̼̪̦͎̮̬̃̿̔̾̐͐̈́͒̾͝,̡̹͇̳̬̜͓̊́̄̓̈̕̕̕͜͜͝͝ͅ ̝̘͓̳͓̘͚̟̟̙́͌̄̐͊̐̂͐̆͘t̫̪̙͉̙͓̭̯̽͗͋̓̌͌̆͘͠͝ͅͅh̞̠͇̝̝̳̪͈̗͚͑̍̃̐̀̅̚͝͝͝e̡̜̣̠̹͚͓̼̬͉͆̓̆͒̇̿͗̈́̃͘ ̜̫̝̞̩̻̟͙̺̑̒̊̃̔̀̽̿̿̔͜r̛̹̖̠͖̺̞̜̥̪̱͐̒̄͑́͂̏͊͝ú̡̺̬̗͈̱̬̭͖̟͐̽́̿̉̈́͒͝͝i̧̧͓͎͉͔͎̩̣̥̔́̔́̑̽̌̌͘͝ṉ̨̧̳͚͎̜͙͉̗͒̑̆̄̈̾̐̔̕͝ȁ̝̯̠͓͕̮̺̹̻̔̎͐̌̄̓̾́̑͜t̨̨̛̛̩̩͉̞̺͍͎̼̉̑͛͑̈́͐̉͝ȉ̢̡̛̫̫̯̤͎̪̜͛̅͛̓̄̑̽̚ͅo̜̘̺̭̦̭̭͙̞͂̋̍̽̃͛́͘̕͜͠ñ̤̩̞̪̗͓̟̝̺̯̎̏̅̓̄̊̅͋̚ ̡̡̛̰͓͉͕̼̮̿̌̅̈̃̌̏̎̈́͜ͅő̻̗̱̝͚̹͓̫̖̬̽̈́͛͐̍̍͘͝͠f̧̨̛̱̭̣̖͙̟̦͆͐̍̄̌̊̇̒̑ͅ ̠̙̘͔̣̠̱̥̜̭̀̒̍̅̓͆̆͛̐͠ả̮̬̩̱̪͚͎͙̻̍͌̉̐̏́̇̄͘ͅl̢͇̹̲͚͎̟̟͔̐̒̾̿͑̋̿̅͒͐ͅl̢̯̪̙͚͇̳͈͈̱̄͊͑̉̀̂͆͐̃͆ ̡̛̙̪̝̖͎̲͕̈́͛̓͗́̂͊͛͘͜ͅk̢̨̛̖̥͎͚̟̱͇̮̉̃̋̈́͛̾͌͘͠į̣̲̮̝̠͙̟͔̼̀͋̐̋̏̍̏̑̔͘n̨̬̗̙̳̜̣̰̞͈͐̾͑̒̓̒́̃̒̏g̨̫͓̤̹͓̪̤̬̀͒̅̆̈́͊̏̅̈́̚ͅd͈̱̻̙̝̠̺͉̯̖͗͊͋͑̂̂̓͗̾͆ǫ̧͎͍̥̱͍̼͕̘̒̈́̆͊͆̇́̾̾̕ḿ̨̞̳̣̯̼͓̖͍̼̈́̌͊̈́̇̆͘͘͘s̝̥̼̖̠̲̬̲̳͉̿͊͒̄͆̅̽͗̄͝ ̛̛̦̤͇͔̠̞̩̬͎̾͂̅̓̑̈́̑͝ͅc̢̰̹̭̖̙̩̪̭̼̐̊̍̀̃́̈́̊̂̆ơ̡͖̹͖̟̹̫̯̳̑̀͌̈́̊̏̓̿̀͜m̠̮̭̩̭̲͈̪̞͙͊̾̋͑̔͛̆̐̿̚e̛̳̞̪̭͉̹̺̘̻̓̆̀̿͊͋̐͜͝͝s.̬͎͖̜̦͔͎͚̄͋̍̓̈́̊̃̚͝͝ͅͅ.̧̙͕̖̯̦̙̜̑̈́̓̈́͂̏̉̉͝͠.̢̧̛͙̮̖̮͂̊̉̈̆̾̓̀̚

Here do I swear, with final breath of life escaping my lips, fealty and service to the Dead Word and King of the Abyss.

For the sovereignty of the Four Winds, and their thirsting Neverborn, I do cast my soul into their whims as homage to my Lord.

Just as crimson blood drains from my wrists, so too does my will. The Neverborn may tear at my spirit and and forever feast on my grave,

Unless my King see fit to drag me from the sea of souls, and bring me into this world anew by His hand as His vassal.

My voice I silence, so that His may be heard. My ambition I tarnish, so that His is seen true.

My blade I grasp, so that His foes be slain. My lords I follow, so that that His will be done.

My life I sacrifice, so that His reign may continue. My soul I ruin, so that He may live eternal.

I call upon the Pantheon as my witness in these final moments, for with my final breath, I do make this covenant whole.

I plunge myself body and soul into the Abyss, so I may be judged worthy of service.

- The Covenant of the Abyss

Good evening, brothers and sisters. So, after that lengthy (and probably over the top) opening, I do welcome you to my newest WIP thread. As I'm sure you have noticed, this will the the progression log of my Word Bearer Warband known as the Chapter of the Ruined King. Here I will be posting models, painted pieces, lore, stories, and occasional artwork for these Bearers of the True Word aswell as their allies that herald from various regent Legions. While the progression of allies will come as time progresses, I can confirm that Night Lords and World Eaters are among those allies and will probably the most numerous of them. But, of course, the primary concern here is my Word Bearers who will form the main body of this army.

So, without going into too much detail, I would like to explain a bit about where I plan to go with this army. One thing that has always struck me as incredibly awesome and awe-inspiring in War Hammer is Chaos Knights, true and absolute devouts of Dark Gods that fight in their name with beautiful and baroque armour. Now, to be perfectly honest. I do not enjoy playing Fantasy in the least, so actually playing Warriors of Chaos is simply not an option. However, I have always wanted to incorporate the many bitz that I've acquired over the years from their bitz range. Anything from baroque helmets to their beautiful shilds and twisted mutations. It has simply always been a bit of an obligation, if you will, to make every Chaos Marine model as chaosy ans twisted as possible. To that end, Word Bearts no only fit the twisted and mutated concept but also ride the themed of 'panadins', true knights of chaos who will fight and die fore their Gods.

Now, without further adieu, I leave you with a model that some of you may have already seen before on Grottsmasha's chaplain conversion challenge, but his is by no means the worst and I'm actually quite fond of him.

Here is Dark Disciple Zerrith. Yes, Dark Disciple, not Apostle. I'll explain to you his fluff at a later date when I have more time but I am simply too tired for now and

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000276_zpse205a77f.jpg

As Always, if you enjoy it or if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Untile, then, Enjoy. :smile.:

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Ludovic- Much appreciated, man, though I must confess that the roughness around the faceplate was completely intentional. The greenstuff was made to be messy and rough to show a mutation of the head, binding Zerrith's skull to the deathmask and ultimately transforming him into something far more sinister... Hence the giant tongue :tongue.:

Now, I've already go an update for you guys but its not from Word Bearers. This is my first allies from the Night Lords. Two things to note is that I will have two classes of Raptors. The Raptors from the Word Bearers will be far more manufacture and for the most part are just the good ol' metal design we all know and love. These guys will be built with the intention of forming 3 5 man suicide melta squad. The Night Lord raptors, while more fun to make, are for the most part being made with the simple intention of having fun.

When it comes to fluff, the very rough outline I can give for now is that these Black-eyed bastards are THE worst of the worst. Almost all of them come from the worst parts of Nostramo and each of them are sick, twisted, and depraved killers who care nothing for the Long War and simply feast upon the terror they sow. Most importantly, they kill because they can and they kill because its utterly hilarious. This particular Raptor Cult is known as the Carrion Host. They're a Cult known for their cannibalistic tendencies, often devouring the gene-seeds of other Space Marines and even their own fallen brethren. They could probably try giving you an excuse or some philosophical reason as to why they do it, but let's be perfectly honest, they do it because its fun (And gene-seed tastes like chicken)

So, first we have up is the Vulture Lord, Karazantor the Vile. As his name would suggest, he is the worst of the group and relishes in the depravity he leads his craven kin into with revving chainswords and gaping maws of blood-stained teeth.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000309_zpsc4cc0881.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000310_zpsfa58b78b.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000312_zps95f41eca.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000335_zpsf253272b.jpg

And here's a picture of him with his first two kin. These guys are both works in progress but mainly because I just can't decide what heads to give them. Should I give them standard helmets, or should I give them shaved forgeworld Khorne Berserker helms like Karazantor. What do you guys think?

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000313_zps1984bcc5.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000337_zps86b196fa.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000339_zps597bf8de.jpg

So, comments and criticism is always welcomed. Feel free to give me your feed back, and as always, enjoy. :smile.:

Niiice. The old Raptor jump packs were the best by far; very sleek and intimidating. I see you've been getting your uses out of that old corkboard, lol.

Oh, and sorry about last night, man. A combination of happy pills for the bad back, and a movie witht he wife, erased my memory. Give me a call later when you get a chance.

I think I am going to probably go for the Berzerker helms, like you guys suggest. I will only be able to make five of the squad for now (aiming for a full ten) because I will need to buy another box of plastic raptors. This will however also slow down my Khorne units production, but heck I love these guys too much. :tongue.: So what do you guys think I should gives these blokes as their two special weapons, flamers or plasma pistols. Im thinking flamers because plasma pistols are just too expensive points-wise @_@

Thats a tough one, though it should be flamers or melta. Because raptors take the special weapons in addition to their normal loadout, you don't lose an attack taking specials, and there is no situation where plasma pistols are superior (unless you put one on the champ). Plus with 2 boxes, you will have 2 weapons, of whatever type you choose.

Ya, I totally agree with you, Wyrm. Plasma guns find themselves out of place in a unit geared towards assault. You can't fire them when it will count, and as you said plasma pistols just dont cut it.

I think for this squad, I'll be hooking them up with flamers for the simple reason that I will already have meltas in my other three squads and I dont need a fourth. :P

I may give Karazantor a plasma pistol for giggles but I would have to think about it for a bit first. We'll see.

Now its time for another update. But before I do that, I would like to simply request that no one bothers me about painting for at the very least the next three weeks. These are the last weeks of my semester and I have 7 papers, 15 assignments, and 3 finals that will need to be done before these are all done. Modeling is one of the ways I can vent out all my stress into something tangible that makes me feel as though I am releasing that stress in a productive manner. So you will more than likely see quite a few updates from me with new models but nothing will be painted. I simply do not have the time or the mindset to do so. I know you guys do it just to tease me and you mean nothing by it, I simply request that you refrain from doing it for the next few weeks. Thank you all ahead of time.

Now, for my update. Now, some of you may have seen the original incarnation of this little guy when he was supposed to be a Night Lord. While I adored the model, his lore simply did not set well with me. So, after some mulling over the subject, I came to the conclusion of just making him a World Eater. Not exactly original for a stand in as Khârn the Betrayer, but I'm happy with the model, and the way his lore is coming about. This is Basarra the Headsman, champion of Khorne and the King's Executioner. It would be ill-advised to get on his bad side... Or his good side, for that matter... Fluff will come at a later date.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000301_zps77be0a3a.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000302_zps7a74f126.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000303_zpsa8f3e194.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000304_zpse71be18a.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000336_zps2fbc76d0.jpg

As always, comments and criticism is welcome, and I hope you enjoy.

A low sound like rolling thunder fell over the din of battle as the angelic form crashed into the ashen dune of a dying. Brother Azareth cringed in disgust  when he came to realize that the Headsman was chuckling. The world itself seem to have forgotten the two for but a moment, the world raging around them yet detached... As if it were some distant dream. The heavy clack of ceramite footprints met each step with a fresh crunch of ash, as though it were the fresh settle of virgin snow rather than the tears of a dying world that burned to its very core. The angel lay broken atop the hill, its radiant form of incandescent gold splayed out in fallen crucifixus in a mess of dark crimson and smeared grey. The burnished warplate, a sacred relic of the Chapter withheld in reverence and awe for generations, cracked beneath the Headsman's boot.

"Monstrous traitor... You will be repaid in full for the life of Brother Cassiel... This, I swear to you..." The Guardian of Baal's venom exuded in every word of the threat, the hissing bile of  the belcher's gland overwhelming his tastebuds with the burning tang of his own rage. So easy... So easy it would be to give in to the Thirst... the Rage... But Azareth would steel his soul. In the history of his Chapter, no Sanguinary Guardian had fallen to the Thirst... And he would not allow himself the shame of breaking that tradition.

The sons of two Red Angels gazed upon one another, one the knight of splendid and immaculate perfection, a true angel in every sense of the words... The other a shadow of a broken and battered seraphim, tarnished by war and defiled by the scratching of nails...

"Cassiel? Was that his name?" The son of a broken angel spoke with a twinge of mocking curiosity in his tone, head tilted ever so slightly to the side as he gazed upon the destruction he had wrought. The wound of his Executioner's Axe had cut deep into the soft armour of the dead warrior's neck, severing the trachea and the meet but just barely failing to sever it completely. He even humored himself to note of how sloppy the blow was. The Eater of Worlds knelt atop the fallen angel, grasping ahold of the golden crest that was to form some mock imitation of a halo. Was this how far the sons of Sanguinius had fallen, to encase themselves in the likeness of ancient servants of a God that did not exist?

With the sickening wet crack of breaking bones and tearing muscles, Basarra the Headsman wrenched the helmeted head of the false Angel free and allowed it to hang loosely in his grasp. With a casual toss, he sent the severed head sailing trough the air before crashing into the ashen ground at the Blood Angel's feet. "Then I return your brother to you... That should pay off my debt... Yes?"

"I do hope you will not disappoint me as the last four of your kind had before you... The nails are singing and I would hate to disappoint them~..."

To answer your question, the Axe come from Krell, Lord of Undeath, a hero unit from the Vampire Count Fantasy line. :P

most excellent. looking forward too his brothers with proper heads. hope the finals and all the school stuff goes well. sorry i havent been in touch but work loves to get in our way as much as school. looking forward to more

Now its time for another update. But before I do that, I would like to simply request that no one bothers me about painting for at the very least the next three weeks. These are the last weeks of my semester and I have 7 papers, 15 assignments, and 3 finals that will need to be done before these are all done. Modeling is one of the ways I can vent out all my stress into something tangible that makes me feel as though I am releasing that stress in a productive manner. So you will more than likely see quite a few updates from me with new models but nothing will be painted. I simply do not have the time or the mindset to do so. I know you guys do it just to tease me and you mean nothing by it, I simply request that you refrain from doing it for the next few weeks. Thank you all ahead of time.

Aww, not fair! :P More seriously, I'll do my best to remember not to do this. If ever I do, then I apologise in advance for it: it's most probably that I forgot about your request.

Anyway, I quite like the new model, except for the backpack (but that's a backpack I've never liked, so there you go). What's next?

Hellchyld- Thanks, bro and its quite alright man, we've all got lives and things to do. Btw, happy birthday ahead of time if I dont speak to you before Friday.

Kierdale- You flatter me, good sir. If I'm perfectly honest, my conversions are nothing more than glorified kit-bashes. :P

Ludovic- oh? What dont you like about the back pack? As far as what's next goes, I think I'll be finishing up my two raptors already in progress (already filed down the heads) and then either get to work on some standard Word Bearer Marines or some cultists. I'll go where my inspiration takes me. :P

I get the feeling that the yellow marine is one of those guys that just ninjas his way into every picture, leaning in at the last second before the "cheese"! :D

The Headsman looks a bit annoyed that he is there too... :D

(looking good noctus!)

I would like to see a model and or fluff pertaining to these traitors and an enmity with the Marines Malevolent.   

That's what that guy gets for jumping into their personal photo ops. 

Who, the guy in yellow armour? Oh don't mind him, that's just honest Joe, the Imperial Fist. :P

He's a test model I used for examining battle damage concepts and now he makes a living being compared to larger, more manly Astartes. He may not like his job but it puts money on the table and feeds those hungry half-eldar abominations he calls children.

Ok, so update time, boys. This time, we're going to add some fluff to the work. Due to the fact that my Word Bearer's fluff is still working around in my brain, and since I'm just enjoying myself so much, I think I'll spill my guts on my Night Lords, the Carrion Host more specifically.

So, as I said before, the Carrion Host is Raptor Cult who's origins come from the inner depths of Nostramon Cities, which as we learn in the Soul Hunter series are the worst place to live in. Every member of the cult heralds from an inner sector of a city and every one of them showed an innate barbarism even at a young age. Because of such almost bestial and twisted personalities, these youths were tossed into the assault company of Captain Xain. Captain Xain, in his foolishness believed he could control the monstrous children who now had the bodies of superhuman killing machines. Of course, I'm sure you can figure out this didn't work out too well for him.

Heresy comes and the siege of Terra comes to fruition. During the battle, we know that the assault Marines were among the first to make it upon the battlements to do battle with the Imperial Fist and Blood Angel defenders. Xain's assault company was among those first who made touchdown and it is this moment that really defines what the cult becomes. During this frenzied melee of brother against, brother Karazantor (who held no particular rank at the time but was quite popular amongst his brothers for his wit and charisma) noticed sanguinary priests extracting geneseed from fallen brethren where they can. In a rush of insanity, Karazantor threw himself upon the priest, killing the apothecary with his own power saber (the same saber Karazantor carries today) and bursts open the storage vials to shove them down his gullet.

Strangely enough, this macabre act seemed to inspire his brothers who fell into a twisted fury of cannibalism and slaughter. They received heavy casualties but they demoralized the enemy on the ramparts and siezed that section of the wall for the Warmaster. Following the heresy and the death of Curze, their diminshed numbers forced the company to sell themselves as Mercenaries to larger warbands. As time progressed, what had simply been an act of inspiration had transformed into a ritual and a depraved delight. Cain slowly but surely lost more and more control of his men and Karazantor grew in favor of both his brothers and the Gods he was not afraid to allign with.

When the time came, Karazantor sold his former captain out to Xain's enemies and during the conflict, Karazantor pinned the captain down upon the floor with combat blade and saber before casually devouring every organ in the still breathing captain's torso one by one. Unlike most, Karazantor wears his treachery, as well as the crimson that stains his gauntlet as a traitor to his own kin. He has self-appointed his title as 'The Traitor of Xain' and is quite pleased to tell anyone who asks how he killed his former brother and leader. And he'll go into great detail too.

The Carrion Host, as their name suggests, is a Raptor Cult of vultures. They feast upon the living and the dead in equal measure and they are very territorial of what belongs to them. Upon the Night Lord Vessel duely named 'Corpus Vile' a Battle Barge formerly belonging to the revered Emperor's Children (taken during the Legion Wars in the Eye). The Carrion Host makes their nest in what used to be the Sanctum of Honour, a Chapel where spiritual leaders such as the chaplains guided their brothers and offered them guidance. Now it is a filthy den when flayed skins and half-eaten corpses hang from the rafters, and the ground is filled to the knee with bones and armour of the dead and the devoured.

So here's the next two Raptors for the squad. I don't have any fluff on them quite yet but I'll get there soo.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000353_zps19a636e1.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000355_zpse4fbae00.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000356_zps624c6ab7.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000357_zps002978e1.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/WP_000358_zps6b8f78ab.jpg

Enjoy.