++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

Wow... 900 posts.. Honestly, I really don't know what to say, guys. Its been on long, absolutely insane ride since I started this, and what a beautiful time it has been. You fine ladies and gentlemen have been with me since the beginning of it all, and its amazing to even myself to look back at some of the first things I posted on this thread, let alone this site, and see how far I've come, and how far my love for this hobby has grown. Really, there's nothing that makes me smile more isn't to hear that my models are great or amazing, its just to hear someone say that I've grown, and that means that not only has all your great comments and criticisms gone to use, but it truly does mean the absolute world to me, and I thank you all for this. 

So, before I start this update, I would simply like to announce that this will be my last update for this thread. This has been something I've been thinking about for almost half a year now, and I've finally decided that it is time to make that step. No, this isn't the end of my Chaos army or posting on the BnC, I could never leave you guys. But, as many of you know, I am a hobbyist first and foremost, and the lore of Warhammer 40k means so much to me on a personal level. Its what got me into reading, to love a good story and branch of into a passion for Literature that has lead me to my career as a teacher, to which I am starting my first day of Internship tomorrow. (wish me luck.. :sweat: ) But, because of that, the character, the lore of my army is what is important to me, more important than the fancy poses or shiny paint schemes. And for months I have been muddling over my hobby, what I wanted out of it, what kind of story I wanted to tell with these little plastic men. Because of this, I have decided to, in due time, start a new thread for the Chapter of the Ruined King, one that is more refined, more detailed, and better tuned to how I wish to tell me story and the tales of those who follow the Path of Ash and Ruin. What's more is this new project will work in conjunction with another project of mine, two stories that will, one day, intertwine with one another to reach the sorrowful ending I have longed to write. So, with that, I leave you wonderful folks with a last few teasers of what's to come, and a few more pictures. 

It's been a long run... but today is the time for goodbye. 

A Very WIP

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215555_zps41c3d9e1.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215604_zps1142a3c9.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215618_zps72c8d388.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215634_zps03136c18.jpg

As requested by Teetengee, I did some pictures of the horrors in a different background, which looks so much better. I decided I would just post pictures of the Champion though because I honestly think he's the best of them.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215652_zps3df759c8.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215702_zps509ddace.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215716_zpsba00b859.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215728_zps102d92e6.jpg

The last little treat I got from Forge World

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215755_zps5e6b82f2.jpg

Now THOSE are Khorne Beserkers... man the movement you convey in those minis is intense...

*edit

PS) What is your blood recipe? Is it the 'Blood for the Blood God' pot?

Thanks, man. What's my blood recipe? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. That is all. Nothing special done with it. 

Why are you not doing a full Khorne Bezerker army like now? Your painting has improved immensely and I think your distinct style and wash technique work well for red and brass. I've really enjoyed these two, man. Freaking seriously well done.

Because I don't have enough Khorne Berzerker upgrade sprues from Forge World yet... But don't worry, man. That will come in due time. :pinch:

Seriously noctuscornix what's that scheme and the eye lenses are amazing.

Can you give me a full run down I am in love with this

The eye lenses are quite literally just a tiny bit of snot green (yes I still have an old pot of it) over a white base coat, a single white dot, and then nuln oil with the rest of the model. Really I think what makes the eyes so striking is simply because of the helmet itself. There is no model with such a striking and imposing expression, and its a helmet no less.

Wow, nice work on the eye lenses and the posing indeed. They convey brutal movement. 

Thank you kindly. :) Forge World Khorne Berzerkers are the best looking pieces in the hobby, if you ask me.

Those Khorne Beserkers are amazing. Please say there are more coming.

Absolutely... just as soon as I can buy some..

Such beautiful models - love what you've done with them!

Thank you very much, sir. 

teeeeeth
wow those are beautiful.

Munch munch. :devil:

Out of all the painted models you have shown us so far, those Berzerkers are easily my favourites! This is certainly due to my love for all things Khornate and World Eater-y, but it's also a fact that your way of painting lends yourself perfectly to these guys -- you should really think about a small kill team or detachment of World Eaters, you know.

That is a completely biased compliment, but I'll take it! I hope to make a lot more Khorne Berzerkers, just going to have to be patient... I'm bad at being patient :confused:

snip

This guy. This friggin' guy.

Lpvely work on these Berzerkers, Noctis, and on the rest of the force as well. It's awesome to go through this thread and watch you grow your talents. Keep it up!

Like I said before, this warms my heart. Thank you, friend. I really do mean that. 

i know hes a berserker and all, but personally i like the armor a tad cleaner. however still looks great. the tyranid stuff on the powerpack is an interesting touch.

wait a minute...do i spy a dark eldar pointy bit?

To each their own, buddy. I can't stand making clean armour. Just not my shtick. I would like to point out that there are no Tyranid or Dark Eldar bits on either of them. The power pack is from the possessed sprue. 

Lovely 'Zerkers. I'll second Kraut, I'd love to see more World Eaters!

-Tarvick

And more you shall see. :thumbsup:

Well... I suppose I can leave you guys with one last teaser... But I'll let this one speak for itself. 

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20150113_215918_zpsdea4dad0.jpg

As always, enjoy.

Oh wow you're stopping the thread. Well, what can I say - it's been an awesome ride and I would definitely buy tickets to the new one ;)

Also: good luck with your new teacher internship (a job is something you get paid for - but I hope it will lead to a job). Teaching kids of any age is the best job in the world and the best and most rewarding I've ever had. There'll be hard times and doubt for sure. Just stay true to yourself and remember: even if when you die you've changed one of their lives for the better, it'll have been worth it all. :tu: 

Sad to see this thread go, but one last request. When you do start up the new plogs, could you link to them from here to make sure we all can find them

Also, the horror picture is much improved.

Edited by Teetengee

I know I commented once or twice on this thread, but I have been lurking within the shadows, and to echo what all has been said already by the rest of our brothers and sisters here within the hallowed halls of BnC, it has been a pleasure, and a honor, to watch you grow in your fluff and in your painting and conversions skills. I will most certainly be looking out for the next thread when you post it, and I will also follow that one till the end. I wish you good luck upon your journey as a intern for teaching kids. Ave Domintus Nox and Ave Emperor (even if you aren't a loyalist :tongue.: )

A long time coming Noctus.

The thing I have always loved most about your projects is how much care you take with your narrative, both what you write and what you model and paint. When someone excels at one, their work shines, but when you see a project where both stand loud and proud at the forefront, it is another thing entirely.

What should be goodbyes is something much more hope filled. That narrative and that story have seemed to come full circle and by your last post and your teaser, I can't wait to see what's in store.

Damn! I panicked for a second when I read 'Today we say goodbye.' Good to hear that you aren't actually leaving us :thumbsup: 

I'll be sure to follow your new thread closely, and wish you the best of luck as you start this new chapter of your life :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with your internship; and these last few models here are pretty good, especially the sheer amount of character you put into an otherwise "plain" space marine.

good luck with everything and, if you want to start up that Black Crusade game, let me know.

• 3 years later...

It's quiet.

So quiet now.

So many... So many that it's easy to forget?

Do you remember?

All the people that you killed.

Do you remember?

All the people that you loved?

Their faces fade as they slip from memory.

Once that happens, what remains?

Beware.

Beware!

Beware....

- Excerpt from the Ballad of the Black Knight Date Unknown

m25SoBU.png

Edited by Noctus Cornix