++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

Great stuff! Good to see this log back. :smile.:

It's great to be back, Badgers! :smile.:

Looking real good! Paint job is ace and nice that you’ve still got it down! Glad you are getting the Chaos bug and I hope that kicks into a higher gear!

Yeah, I'm hoping so too. The next item on my list to paint is... much bigger. :biggrin.:

Great to have you back, hope you stick around longer this time:)

The terminator looks great as usual! Have you gone for a darker red than your older minis, or is that the lightning?

Compared to previous models from a few years back, the the new red is MUCH darker than previous iterations. I've never been fond of Word Bearers just being this slightly darker red than World Eaters or Blood Angels, and I really just couldn't find myself being that interested in the metallic red like they show off in Horus Heresy books. In  The First Heretic and  Betrayer, the Word Bearers are described as having this deep, arterial crimson like congealing blood. I really wanted to go with that idea and have the color be a stark contrast to the bright silver trim and all the flayed skins, skull trophies, and parchments that adorn their armour. 

Good job with the Terminator, the icon on the tilt shiedl is a really nice touch.

Thanks man! Yeah, Tilt shields just aren't that interesting if you don't put some kind of design on them, if you ask me. 

Looks great my dude!

Always appreciated, brother!

Edited by Noctus Cornix

• 2 weeks later...

That looks pretty useful! I'll look for some next time I'm at the hobby store, thanks:)

Btw, what happened to the hooded guy from the previous page?:smile.:

What hooded guy? :whistling:

Through the the miraculous gift of agony, we are born into this waking, breathing world.

Through the beneficent gift of suffering, our purpose is made manifest by eyes in the sky.

Through the virtuous gift of the hatred, we are unborn and reborn as one of the chorus.

Through the Ruinous King, the Will is made real.

Through his presence, the unborn blossoms free.

Through his touch, the miracle is made manifest.

Through the gates of charred stone, he strides in tides of fire and seas of  blackened blood.

Wearing the gilded face of the forgotten martyr, he has been chosen as heir and lord.

Anointed in the tears of the Father, Birthed in the Ashes of the Mother.

He rides out to complete his sacred charge

By His Will

The Ruined King Comes

And with that, I have come to the decision that I will be ending this log. It was not an easy decision by any means, especially after I've come back to this thread and brought it back from the dead several times. The reason really comes down to narrative. I'm a huge fricking nerd for the narrative of my armies and it's important to me that my logs reflect it. This log dates back all the way to 2013 and it's an amalgamation of nearly a decade worth of ideas and concepts that have transformed drastically from its origins. My Astral Claws log To the Bitter End is a much more recent log, that I started only this year (technically a restart but that's arguing semantics) and I've been incredibly satisfied with the results and how I've been able to produce consistent narrative content with every model. As dumb as it sounds, it's really important for me to be able to create that single, contiguous narrative that will allow me to portray the Chapter of the Ruined King its final iteration as I build this army from scratch upon the bones of what came before. It'll just allow me to start fresh in a way that feels more comfortable and controlled in the content presented. 

Of course this log will still be around for anyone who, has the weird urge to go back and look at my awful junk... But I'd absolutely loathe myself if I did a long, wordy post and didn't post any models to go with it. So I've got some! Technically it's nothing new, but I really wanted to share it. I actually came across one of my previous Word Bearer models I pained about 3 or 4 years ago. Honestly, that wasn't even THAT long ago, but I think the changes are drastic. Also, it allows me to give a better answer for the question about how much darker the new red is from the previous models... Well, now you can see for yourselves. :biggrin.:

VUA8Vnt.jpg

All in all, it's been a wild ride, but this will be my final major update for this log and any new Word Bearer content will be posted in my new log when I get it done. Thank you so much for everyone who has come and gone and has helped me to improve in my work as a hobbyist and for helping keep the passions burning. You guys and your feedback and comments are honestly what helps fuel me. I love being able to share my stupid ideas with little plastic guys, so I truly just want to say thanks to everyone. :smile.:

- Noctus

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Sad to see this thread go after all these years, I'm still thinking about copying your Raptors from the first page:D But it seems to be for a good reason, as long as you keep making sweet things.

Ps. Demon's souls remake!

Sad to see this thread go after all these years, I'm still thinking about copying your Raptors from the first page:D But it seems to be for a good reason, as long as you keep making sweet things.

Ps. Demon's souls remake!

I've been considering going back to some of those ideas and giving them a new coat! I'm a huuuuge fan of all the sweet bonuses you can give things with the 'daemon' keyword in the Word Bearers list now so I'm really leaning towards wanting to go very heavy on as many of those units as possible (possessed, warp talons, mutliators, etc.) And damn if some Word Bearer Warp Talons using some of those former ideas wouldn't look super dope...

PS. I know, right?! Dude, I'm sooooo hilariously hyped. Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games so I'm incredibly excited. Tons of inspiration to be had there.