++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

And now, culminating all the feedback provided from you guys, here is the first completed Chaos Space Marine. I hope you guys like him. His brothers will march alongside him in due time. I also just realized that this is the 1,000 post in this log! I know that's far from the size of some logs, but I feel a great sense of accomplishment in that. :happy.: Here's to another 1,000, lads n' lasses 

Where many among the Legions that waged war beneath the Eye of Horus in that darkened age millenia ago fought for spite, hatred, or simple ambition. Only those amidst the sons of the Urizen were warriors dedicated to the grim resolve to see this rebellion to the end.. Not to see Horus Lupercal's arrogance come to fruition, but in the humbling truth to all life. Only those who bore the Primoridal Truth upon their armor fought in the purest knowledge that what they were doing was right. Even ten thousand years later, for some that delusion has never faded...

saQRWhK.jpg

fafOKZi.jpg

iWthe5k.jpg

HhJPte8.jpg

Brother Gar V'nath of  the IV Choir

Devout Warrior of the [REDACTED] Chapter

In the wake of his father's exile, Gar took a vow of silence to mourn his loss

He has only broken his vow once in the millenia since, when he looked into a Nostraman's black eyes as he gutted him with his own combat blade.

He's kept the blade ever since.

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Goddamn man. He just looks like a mean bastard. Excellent, excellent work. Pinnacle of the Word Bearer blogs

Thanks, bro! Yeah, it's hard to believe I started this blog around 6 years ago. Just seeing my old stuff and my painting quality from back then just reminds me of how far I've come with my work. It's an awesome feeling.

Excellent work on the Chaos Space Marine.

Appreciate it!

Now THAT is a Word Bearer! Great work mate. The base really sets the scheme off :thumbsup:

Greatly appreciated, my friend! Much of the final result is due to your suggestions so I genuinely can't thank you enough for the sound advice, man :happy.:

Thank you so very much, brothers. Your kind words and support does genuinely mean so very much to me. I'll be out of town visiting family for a few days, but I didn't want to leave you lads empty-handed for so long. I keep telling myself that making sure I do regular updates will help me keep on track and keep making progress. The more I do and I more I post, the less likely I am to slip off from this.

It's not much, but here is two works in progresses, one for the next painted Chaos Space Marine, and one for something else. :whistling:

iDKo7Sh.jpg

ctbJN48.jpg

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

I live again!

Sorry for the bit of down time. I had to make a cross-country drive to help some family move into a new home, among some other more minor inconveniences. That beings said, I've had a little bit of time to get back into working on my stuff.  I don't have too much to show, but right now here's a few modifications that I've made to my Rhino APC. Originally the finished product was using the standard spike rack trophies that come supplied in the kit. I have another Chaos Rhino still in the box and I was filtering through it for a bit when it sort of dawned on me that the trophy sprues are all the same. Now, that's of course a given, and I had never really considered it anything more than an "eh, what can you do?" but after some mulling I realized that it was bothering me more than it should. Trying to create a very personalized force for my Word Bearers means a great deal to me, and over the 10+ years of hobby time I've collected quite the plethora of skulls and heads, so I knew I just had to do something unique.

The idea is heavily inspired by Insane Psychopa- Err.... Wait, it seems he changed his name... :ermm:  Let's try that again...

The idea is heavily inspired by Iron-Daemon Forge and his absolutely fantastic Iron Warriors. That blog has been a huge inspiration for me. After filtering through old inspirational material, I remembered my friend Dan the Daemon did this idea as well. I knew that I wanted numerous actual spikes to pin the heads on. That being said, I just didn't have a consistent number of plastic spikes to use, and I was very concerned about dropping the Rhino and those very brittle things coming off. The idea came to me when I was helping pull down some paintings at the old house and saw that some of the paintings and pictures were held up by these very small nails or tacks that looked like railroad spikes. After inquiring about them, I was able to pick up a box of my own for very cheap. Now I have far more spikes than I need! 

The process was just a simple matter of drilling a hole wide enough for most of the nail to pass through, but the base of the nail is much wider so I had to push them through, which actually worked to my advantage because it gives sort of the idea in some angles like the spikes have pushed out from the hull from Chaos corruption, rather than an artificial addition made by the Word Bearers.  

Hope you guys like it. :happy.:

y4uRT0x.jpg

PTzfIbO.jpg

7YdjQoT.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like all of these new models. Nice use of the WE helmet on the termie, not a big fan of the ones from the kit. They seem weirdly soft-edged for some reason.

The rhino is pretty sweet too. I wished I had seen the technique with the nails earlier, I've been adding spikes myself lately but the hull was unfortunately glued shut already. I'll keep it in mind for next time though:)

Thank you kindly, gentlemen! 

Always love seeing updates in here! Rhino is looking good just be careful when picking that little monster up and it demands a blood offering. :smile.:

Naaahhh! I welcome the days of old when I used to prick myself or bleed almost every time I handled my metal Chaos terminators.. Those were the good ol days :sweat:

I like all of these new models. Nice use of the WE helmet on the termie, not a big fan of the ones from the kit. They seem weirdly soft-edged for some reason.

The rhino is pretty sweet too. I wished I had seen the technique with the nails earlier, I've been adding spikes myself lately but the hull was unfortunately glued shut already. I'll keep it in mind for next time though:)

Thanks, man! Yeah I'm really kind of bummed out that the WE set only comes with two helmets. So I think I'll be holding onto them and save them for champions. But I completely agree with you about the new helmets. Honestly, I have enough of the older plastic terminator helmets that I think I'm going to use them instead. Here's a quick example of one that I made earlier today. I think it fits with the set much better than the newer helmet.

hZUIenl.jpg

Pwi5REC.jpg

Same here regarding the new terminator helmets. They're too short for me and don't exude the same viciousness and menace, so it's cool to see you using one of the old heads. Looks great!

Yeah that old helm looks so much better. It's strange how this new release doesn't have a shared aesthetic, the csm and obliterators look like they could be from different editions. My guess is that the marine kit has been finished for a couple of years waiting to be released.

But anyways, loving the new guy:)

• 3 months later...

20191119_152914.jpg

I was born amidst the ashes of shame,

Birthed in the wrath of an unworthy God.

With my first breath I cried beyond the veil,

wading in the blackest sea you will never know.

But I have not come in rage or hate.

I have come only to deliver you the truth.

Consider it my parting gift to you.

Extinction.

Edited by Noctus Cornix

• 6 months later...

Been a little while, huh?... Well, to prove I'm not dead, here's a little something I finished up yesterday. No writing or fluff this time. I've got a pretty nasty writer's block at the moment and I've already been having to write a lot lately. I don't want to burn myself out too much. 

As always, let me know what you guys think! 

EYDEjh8.jpg

o6KNsoQ.jpg

GjfoB14.jpg

abqsgcb.jpg

jNBmBWt.jpg

Really glad that the terminator turned out fairly on par with the Chaos Marine I painted from last year. I'm really feeling the Chaos bug right now...