Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

500 POINT BLOOD ANGELS STARTER LIST

Blood Angels Army Lists Tactics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

IMMORTALIS

IMMORTALIS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

I'm using the DC dread for sheer infantry mulching ability, and yes I will be drop podding it, I'll take only one Thunder hammer with my DC and use it for monstrous creatures (lots of nid and daemon players at my club) and with regards to taking out 2 normal marines from my 10 man squad, i'll be replacing them with a JP librarian and a JP priest, does that still allow me to take 2 special weapons?

Deadpool1713

Deadpool1713

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts

based on what I've heard recently, I'd take 1 PF in the DC and a PF instead of an axe on the priest.

Have you heard the news that you're DEAD?!

flesh_tearers_banner.jpgdeathwatch_banner.pngdeath_company_banner.jpg

IMMORTALIS

IMMORTALIS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

I've head the priest can't get challenged (yay) just wondering if I have a squad of 8 marines with a librarian and a sanguinary priest am I still allowed to take 2 meltas in my squad as there are 10 men in the squad?

Brother Maikel

Brother Maikel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts

You have to have 10 assault marines in the squad before you can take the second melta (well, 9 and a sergeant, I guess).  The Libby & the Priest are not technically part of the unit, they're IC's attached to it.

Technically the way challenges work is that your opponent nominates one of his characters as a challenger, then you must either choose one of your characters to accept the challenge or decline the challenge altogether.  If you decline the challenge, your opponent may choose any of your characters to be excluded from fighting (they can still be hit by attacks if they're in base contact with the enemy, but cannot strike this player turn).  If you have multiple characters (Sergeant, Priest, Libby) you can pick any of them to fight, so usually the Sergeant will be chosen to bravely go to his death to allow the others to hit the opposing squad.

IMMORTALIS

IMMORTALIS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

Thank you very much for clearing that up good sir, I didn't manage to make my game tonight as I have been in court all day and genuinely didn't feel like going all the way to Waterloo so I have until next Wednesday to tweak my list, drop pod Is a must for my dreadnought, I could do with a few attack bikes and maybe a fragioso and some devastator squads, that way i'll have the option of playing around with my setup based on my opponents force rather than desperately trying to scrape together 1000 points to put men on the table.

Deadpool1713

Deadpool1713

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts

By the way, sorry I didn't answer the meltagun. I was going to say no, you need to have 10 assault marines in a squad to have two, but I wasn't 100% sure because I didn't have my codex on me

Have you heard the news that you're DEAD?!

flesh_tearers_banner.jpgdeathwatch_banner.pngdeath_company_banner.jpg