New FAQ (April)

cielaq

Well, new FAQ is up, and some interesting things are inside:

• RW Command squad can now take two more bikes
  • PFG inside vehicle works only on that vehilce
  • Asmodai finally goth the pistol! :)
  • DWA - those unit do count for reserves limit (a clarification)
  • Some minor things that I need to check with the codex.

gah they really should start reading these things word for word like some of the gamers do...

Page 99 – Deathwing Terminator Squad, Options

Change the second bullet point to:
“• Any model can replace his storm bolter and powerfist
with:
- a pair of lightning claws ……………………………….free
- a thunder hammer and storm shield ………….5 pts

I'm positive it's not their intent (it can't be right???) but 'technically' one could argue the Deathwing Sergeants are now stuck with a Storm Bolter / Power Sword and won't be allowed to swap them.
I seem to remember this being an issue aswell somewhere back in the dark ages, was it 3rd edition before it was FAQ'd?

gah they really should start reading these things word for word like some of the gamers do...

Page 99 – Deathwing Terminator Squad, Options

Change the second bullet point to:
“• Any model can replace his storm bolter and powerfist
with:
- a pair of lightning claws ……………………………….free
- a thunder hammer and storm shield ………….5 pts

I'm positive it's not their intent (it can't be right???) but 'technically' one could argue the Deathwing Sergeants are now stuck with a Storm Bolter / Power Sword and won't be allowed to swap them.
I seem to remember this being an issue aswell somewhere back in the dark ages, was it 3rd edition before it was FAQ'd?

No "technically" about it at the moment; it's gone from "any model can replace all their weapons" to "any model can replace his Storm Bolter and Powerfist". I agree with you that I'm not sure that that was intent, but I can't be sure - maybe there is a desire to ensure that all DW Sergeants are equipped in a particular way?

Clarification on the Banner of Devastation and which 'boltguns' it applies to!

As much sympathy as I have for us all, it seems like it is completely intentional; they could accomplish little else with this change (there was nothing wrong with the original wording).

Yes that's nice, real nice. (about the 5 RWCS)

But... I'm a lil confused by this new DW squad amendment, if I wanted a squad of dw terminators all armed with thunder hammers and storm shields, can I still do it? Or does the sgt have to keep his storm bolter and power sword?

Hmm might just assemble them back to DW knights instead then lol.

Well good for them they've clarified everything the way they wanted to. And dealt with all the pressing matters.

Standard of dev rules

Dwa rules

Asmodai

Extra black knights (unexpected but welcome))

No psychic benefit from "courage..." warlord trait.

Made it so dw sergents cant take changes to wargear. (puzzling and annoying.)

This is a good faq, but of course there was an ommision...

how long did it take for them to faq the hell drake flamer in the time since the chaos codex came out? I think we're stuck with nephillim and dtalon being scrap heaps til they realize they could make some money with better rules/reduced points pricing.

Yes that's nice, real nice. (about the 5 RWCS)

But... I'm a lil confused by this new DW squad amendment, if I wanted a squad of dw terminators all armed with thunder hammers and storm shields, can I still do it? Or does the sgt have to keep his storm bolter and power sword?

No, this new FAQ now "forbids" you to do it. For me it-s a real bummer because I only have 2 of such models.. most off my sgts have TH&SS or LCs

DWA ruling is disappointing, if not entirely suprising.

RW Command Squad change is nice, if random.

From what it says I think the PFG ruling means it doesn't work on the vehicle now, just the unit inside?

And the DW Sergeant "errata"... Where the hell did that change come from?? It's just mind-numbingly stupid, I think I'll be ignoring that one.

I just don't understand GW's seeming hatred? Ambivalence? Apathy? toward Dark Angels. They give us a new codex (yeah!), then fill it with some very questionable unit choices and an abhorrently edited Codex that is FAQ'd the day after it comes out. 

Further FAQ's seem to weaken the Codex further, where all questions are answered on the conservative/no side. The all Deathwing Assault is no longer possible. Standard of Devastation only applies to Bolters... despite the definition of what a Bolter is in the BRB. Conversion Field only works on the embarked models- and only 10 of them at that!, not the vehicle, though Eldar psychic powers seem to have no problem working on their vehicles (must be the Wraithbone or something...).  The Courage Warlord trait really irks me- why bother ever taking it, or talk about a next to useless trait for a bunch of Space Marines that have either Grim Resolve, Inner Circle, or Fearless, and ATSKNF.

While a Deathwing Terminator Sergeant is still very formidable in challenges, the SS+TH was possibly the best combo and the one to always place on your Sgt to give the squad more resiliency. Now, you'll get 4 guys with Lightning Claws, and then the Sgt with SB/PW. Or 4 SS/TH and the Sarge.

The Stasis rules had to be changed due to the other allies DA can take that modify characteristics. There is that blurb on Pg 3 of the BRB that talks about 0 characteristics and removing the models as casualties.

I applaud the changes to the Ravenwing Command Squad. Three models, three expensive models, do not make a good command squad. Five means I'll be taking them. Still only one grenade launcher though.

In the end, it's like GW doesn't play the same game we do. Would it really kill them to tweak the points on the Nephilim or Darktalon? Maybe add rending to the Avenger Mega Bolter? They have shown that they can, and do change units (Vets), and add wargear (bolt pistols). Glad to see Asmodai has found his Bolt Pistol again! Too bad it doesn't work with the Standard of Devastation.

Ah well. Just bitching. I still love Dark Angels, and I'll still play them. Hope GW will quit taking the nerf bat to them!

The Deathwing Sgt weapon choices will surely be changed in the future, we have had that option for years, and now DA cannot field a full squads with assault weapons.  I'm sure thats an oversight, which is frustrating... you'd think they would think these things through a little more.

I was thinking about the DW sarge thing, and I believe that they changed the wording here because of another reason. With "replace all weapons" wording, one could argue that you can't have Cyclone on TH/SS model, with "replace SB/PF" this argument is invalid.

No they don't. What makes you think so? THe only thing that has changed is that WS/I cannot be lowered below 1. Not much issue with grenades, more with bomb (not too many models with WS/I of 1).

Stasis Grenades stack now....  That's kinda huge...

Do they? The FAQ I just read says that units which suffer one or more hits get the penalty - i.e. one hit or ten hits, it's still only -1 to WS and I.

Edit: Ninja'd by Cielaq

Page 61 – Stasis Anomaly

Change to read “Every model in a unit hit by one or more

weapons with this special rule suffers a -1 penalty to their

Weapon Skill and Initiative, to a minimum of 1, until the end

of the turn.”

Ok, so if a hit a unit one time or ten times, they have -1 WS and I, and this penalty cannot make WS or I lower than 1. Where is the stacking?

I just don't understand GW's seeming hatred? Ambivalence? Apathy? toward Dark Angels. They give us a new codex (yeah!), then fill it with some very questionable unit choices and an abhorrently edited Codex that is FAQ'd the day after it comes out. 

Further FAQ's seem to weaken the Codex further, where all questions are answered on the conservative/no side. The all Deathwing Assault is no longer possible. Standard of Devastation only applies to Bolters... despite the definition of what a Bolter is in the BRB. Conversion Field only works on the embarked models- and only 10 of them at that!, not the vehicle, though Eldar psychic powers seem to have no problem working on their vehicles (must be the Wraithbone or something...).  The Courage Warlord trait really irks me- why bother ever taking it, or talk about a next to useless trait for a bunch of Space Marines that have either Grim Resolve, Inner Circle, or Fearless, and ATSKNF.

While a Deathwing Terminator Sergeant is still very formidable in challenges, the SS+TH was possibly the best combo and the one to always place on your Sgt to give the squad more resiliency. Now, you'll get 4 guys with Lightning Claws, and then the Sgt with SB/PW. Or 4 SS/TH and the Sarge.

The Stasis rules had to be changed due to the other allies DA can take that modify characteristics. There is that blurb on Pg 3 of the BRB that talks about 0 characteristics and removing the models as casualties.

I applaud the changes to the Ravenwing Command Squad. Three models, three expensive models, do not make a good command squad. Five means I'll be taking them. Still only one grenade launcher though.

In the end, it's like GW doesn't play the same game we do. Would it really kill them to tweak the points on the Nephilim or Darktalon? Maybe add rending to the Avenger Mega Bolter? They have shown that they can, and do change units (Vets), and add wargear (bolt pistols). Glad to see Asmodai has found his Bolt Pistol again! Too bad it doesn't work with the Standard of Devastation.

Ah well. Just bitching. I still love Dark Angels, and I'll still play them. Hope GW will quit taking the nerf  bat to them!

What nerf bat man? Most of the things in the faq we were expecting them to be that way. You really didnt expect the heavy bolters or bolt pistols to enter the same category for the SoD? It would make no sense.

Personally I am not expecting them to change the flyer rules ever. There has to be a codex with mediocre flyers (arguably IMHO but anyway) and one with no flyers (SW) somewhere. We lucked out.

Call me stupid but....where the hell is the save option?

EDIT: OK just call me stupid, I found it tongue.png

EDIT2: ENlighten me on why the Dw sarge cant replace his storm bolter and sword with a TH/SS. It says any model...Am I missing something?

Yes, it says any model may replace his storm bolter and power fist. The Sarge doesn't have a power fist.

Archived