Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wolf_Pack's Blood Angels - Conversions and Kit Bashes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
489 replies to this topic

Lord Janos

Lord Janos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 197 posts

Really loving the Corbs kitbash!

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

Really loving the Corbs kitbash!

Thanks!

The artist formerly known as Wolf_Pack

Ideaus

Ideaus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 210 posts

brillant,

areyou going to do a tutorial on sum of your stuff as it looks pretty sweet

gallery_46499_7632_383.gif

Your mum is so fat and dumb she thought "Heavy Support" meant she was getting more benefits

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

If there is a demand for it, I'd be glad to.

Nicodemus Doloroso

Nicodemus Doloroso

++ LEGIFER EXLEGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,863 posts
Thanks for posting these. They provide lots of inspiration and ideas.

Lord Inquisitor Soulis' Ordo Hereticus Strikeforce: WIP Thread (update 21/01/20 Four new =][= Stormtroopers complete
gallery_30308_9518_3306.pnggallery_30308_9518_1992.pnggallery_30308_9518_5480.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngETL_Medal_03.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifgallery_4664_11830_5080.jpggallery_62972_10568_20441.jpg

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 304 posts

Wolf Pack, I would like to see your corbulo conversion in more detail please mate.  I have identified elements from sang guard, dc etc.  I assume that's corbulos actual chalice or has it come from another model?

I also like the job on the chain sword, making it extra long, very smooth and square cuts.

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

Wolf Pack, I would like to see your corbulo conversion in more detail please mate. I have identified elements from sang guard, dc etc. I assume that's corbulos actual chalice or has it come from another model?

I also like the job on the chain sword, making it extra long, very smooth and square cuts.

In the process of painting him, I'll take some more pictures later.

The parts used are:
2 chainswords. The Winging sword guard on the hilt are from the shoulder pad addons. To cut a sword clean, use a clay shaping tool, and put the pressure towards to part you are cutting out. it will not wave the plastic as much.
The chalice is the original. I thought it was awesome, but the rest of the model was god aweful.
DC legs, Sanguinary guard torso
DC head
assorted shoulder pads with skulls for added badassery.

Edited by Wolf_Pack, 13 May 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

As requested!

gallery_71633_8409_442821.jpggallery_71633_8409_1764754.jpg

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

Sternguard kit bash. The crested helms and back banners will bring unity and distinction to the unit. I am waiting for scopes for the bolters.gallery_71633_8409_140124.jpg

Engelberth

Engelberth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

I love your kit bash work. Just a simple question: we can convert/kitbash anything from the DC and SG boxes, right? 

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

I love your kit bash work. Just a simple question: we can convert/kitbash anything from the DC and SG boxes, right? 

Absolutely. I like to also mix vanilla assault marine kits for my Assault Squads, because the standard legs and chests are nice to mix with blood angel shoulders and heads.

The most important rule when kit bashing, it's to make something that will convey the unit's flavour. I used death masks for my death company because it gave them a tragic look. I use back banners for sternguard (and will also use them for a command squad or vets if I ever make a unit) because it makes them stand out and gives another way to denote veterancy. As long as you channel the spirit of the unit and do not mislead your opponents with units that have no discernible features in between them, go all out!

Engelberth

Engelberth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Great news, thanks! smile.png

Edit: Where did you get the back banners? Eldar sets?

Edited by Engelberth, 14 May 2013 - 01:19 PM.

exetus

exetus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 472 posts

If you can afford them, the various Forgeworld armor sets also help to add a lot of flavor to your units.  With some, they're especially good for freehand because of the flat faces and in others they are ornate enough to really give you the impression of more artificed armor.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

The Back banners are from an historical wargame (samurai army I recall) I picked up a while ago, I don't remember the name exactly. I am sure you can get some through bits sellers, and they are really cheap! 

I would love to buy forgeworld items, but they are honestly outrageously priced, on top of shipping to Canada costing my left testicle.

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

Sanguinary priestgallery_71633_8409_5978.jpg

Engelberth

Engelberth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

silly question #2: You made this "feelNoPain" hand right? Can you tell me which bitz you used for it? ( Yeah I am a CSM palyer, never opened a space marine box)

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

To make this Narthecium (feel no pain hand) you will need:

- Sanguinary guard power fist

- Chain sword

- Small plastic rod.

You'll need to cut out the fingers and the "knuckle" row out.  You'll have to drill a well on the inside of the gauntlet to put the hand in. After that you have to cut the chain sword with the length you want, and cut it again along the top to thin it down. Cut a plastic rod and  round out the top.

done.

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

For the Vow !

gallery_71633_8409_1257893.jpg

Sternguard gallery_71633_8409_1983794.jpg

Max Power

Max Power

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

I love the dreads and stenguard, brother. Inspired work.

Kids, there's three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way!

Isn't that the wrong way?

Yeah, but faster!

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,026 posts
I agree. Back Banners for everyone seems a bit overkill though. Which banner are they supposed to rally to?

Does the Sergeant have two power fists and a bolt pistol/angelus bolter? I doubt that?s legal. It looks cool though.

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

I agree. Back Banners for everyone seems a bit overkill though. Which banner are they supposed to rally to?

Does the Sergeant have two power fists and a bolt pistol/angelus bolter? I doubt that?s legal. It looks cool though.

All Samurai of a bodyguard had back banners. They were a sign of higher rank within the army. Sternguards are effectively veterans within the army with the same purpose. I model all my models  equipped with a power fist with 2 fists, it's just aesthetics. The engelius bolters are to represent he fact that he still has a bolter to shoot with.

I could always give the sargeant a bigger, singluar back banner as well.

Edited by Wolf_Pack, 19 May 2013 - 04:20 PM.

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,299 posts

Ace looking models. Really like the sternguard asthetics!

My blog: click me! Latest update 20th of December. 6th edition musings.
Blood angel BFG Blog: click me

a particular Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

sml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpggallery_48988_15465_4294.png

exetus

exetus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 472 posts

The back banners are certainly a great touch and individualize your unit... excellent.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Memento Of Prospero

Memento Of Prospero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts

Thanks for the compliments!

Here's a dark Vengeance Librarian I got from a friend, converted him to the Sons of Sanguinius.

gallery_71633_8409_2114065.jpg

marine7312000

marine7312000

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,531 posts

What sword blade is that? Everything looks awesome by the way.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpggallery_62972_10568_24083.jpggallery_48988_10980_7442.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

http://www.bolterand...pany-the-sworn/

The Blood Angels are the Renaissance in power armour, with all of that majesty, splendour, and ingenuity turned anaemic by vampirism... with a mandate to conquer the galaxy on wings of iron and fire. They're paladins with sacred weapons and beauteous facemasks, crying out in inhuman choirs for the taste of their enemies' blood.

JackDaw: ah the Emperors Children are too fancy for beards. The Ninth however, well, beards are sent straight from heaven.