Wolf_Pack's Blood Angels - Conversions and Kit Bashes

Wolf Pack, I would like to see your corbulo conversion in more detail please mate.  I have identified elements from sang guard, dc etc.  I assume that's corbulos actual chalice or has it come from another model?

I also like the job on the chain sword, making it extra long, very smooth and square cuts.

Wolf Pack, I would like to see your corbulo conversion in more detail please mate. I have identified elements from sang guard, dc etc. I assume that's corbulos actual chalice or has it come from another model?

I also like the job on the chain sword, making it extra long, very smooth and square cuts.

In the process of painting him, I'll take some more pictures later.

The parts used are:

2 chainswords. The Winging sword guard on the hilt are from the shoulder pad addons. To cut a sword clean, use a clay shaping tool, and put the pressure towards to part you are cutting out. it will not wave the plastic as much.

The chalice is the original. I thought it was awesome, but the rest of the model was god aweful.

DC legs, Sanguinary guard torso

DC head

assorted shoulder pads with skulls for added badassery.

I love your kit bash work. Just a simple question: we can convert/kitbash anything from the DC and SG boxes, right? 

Absolutely. I like to also mix vanilla assault marine kits for my Assault Squads, because the standard legs and chests are nice to mix with blood angel shoulders and heads.

The most important rule when kit bashing, it's to make something that will convey the unit's flavour. I used death masks for my death company because it gave them a tragic look. I use back banners for sternguard (and will also use them for a command squad or vets if I ever make a unit) because it makes them stand out and gives another way to denote veterancy. As long as you channel the spirit of the unit and do not mislead your opponents with units that have no discernible features in between them, go all out!

If you can afford them, the various Forgeworld armor sets also help to add a lot of flavor to your units.  With some, they're especially good for freehand because of the flat faces and in others they are ornate enough to really give you the impression of more artificed armor.

The Back banners are from an historical wargame (samurai army I recall) I picked up a while ago, I don't remember the name exactly. I am sure you can get some through bits sellers, and they are really cheap! 

I would love to buy forgeworld items, but they are honestly outrageously priced, on top of shipping to Canada costing my left testicle.

To make this Narthecium (feel no pain hand) you will need:

- Sanguinary guard power fist

- Chain sword

- Small plastic rod.

You'll need to cut out the fingers and the "knuckle" row out.  You'll have to drill a well on the inside of the gauntlet to put the hand in. After that you have to cut the chain sword with the length you want, and cut it again along the top to thin it down. Cut a plastic rod and  round out the top.

done.

I agree. Back Banners for everyone seems a bit overkill though. Which banner are they supposed to rally to?

Does the Sergeant have two power fists and a bolt pistol/angelus bolter? I doubt that?s legal. It looks cool though.

I agree. Back Banners for everyone seems a bit overkill though. Which banner are they supposed to rally to?

Does the Sergeant have two power fists and a bolt pistol/angelus bolter? I doubt that?s legal. It looks cool though.

All Samurai of a bodyguard had back banners. They were a sign of higher rank within the army. Sternguards are effectively veterans within the army with the same purpose. I model all my models  equipped with a power fist with 2 fists, it's just aesthetics. The engelius bolters are to represent he fact that he still has a bolter to shoot with.

I could always give the sargeant a bigger, singluar back banner as well.

Archived