Wolf_Pack's Blood Angels - Conversions and Kit Bashes

I agree. Back Banners for everyone seems a bit overkill though. Which banner are they supposed to rally to?

Does the Sergeant have two power fists and a bolt pistol/angelus bolter? I doubt that?s legal. It looks cool though.

All Samurai of a bodyguard had back banners. They were a sign of higher rank within the army. Sternguards are effectively veterans within the army with the same purpose. I model all my models  equipped with a power fist with 2 fists, it's just aesthetics. The engelius bolters are to represent he fact that he still has a bolter to shoot with.

I could always give the sargeant a bigger, singluar back banner as well.

No need, Wolf_pack. he's already got that aquilla to separate him from his brothers... plus Space Marines undoubtedly have icons within their helmets to tell them who is who.

ermm.gif

As fitting as that is when you consider hes called "the lord of death" he comes across as abit... Chaosy. Then again if he walks on blood and uses Astaroth's helmet I somehow think that was the intention teehee.gif

carry on!

I definitely like the conversion. Did you use a metal Astorath for the conversion?

The finecast version is much easier to cut the shoulderpads and arms out, a clay shaping tool will cut through it smoothly. Just add weight to the bottom of the base to compensate for the lightness of the finecast.

It's mostly because I shifted away from Jump packs towards drop pods. Using pods guarantee close range to your target. A power weapon will not serve in that situation because one of 2 things will happen. You will land, shoot your special weapons and hopefully cripple what you shot at. Your opponent can react by counter assaulting (unlikely) or shoot you himself. Then you will get another round of shooting before even getting to combat. The advantage of the pistols is that you get to shoot 4 times hitting on 3s, wounding just about anything on 2s before even charging in. It can cripple a unit that your RAS could not take on in close combat (read terminators, Monstrous Gipsies).

The bases are made of thick plasticard sheet that I cut in squares and rectangles, and glue them patchwork on the base. After that, use a hobby knife to cut the excess plasticard off the base as you circle the edge of the base. Be careful not to cut yourself!

The knoblike bit bellow the barrels is my mod to represent combi weapons. It's like a one shot noob tube grenage type thing. It's from a landspeeder bit, : http://www.ebay.ca/itm/40K-DA-Ravenwing-Land-Speeder-Sensors-Bits-S-/200747010812?pt=Games_US&hash=item2ebd744afc&_uhb=1 as seen here. The sergeant's gauntlets are fitted with Angelius pattern boltguns. just cut the ammo pack and glue it even on the other side to make the right gauntlet.

Remodelled chest icons.

Step one: More blood for the Blood God! filled off the all the claw and lightning icons, left the wings. Scrulted small blood drops on the side, left them dry an hour, and applied them to the side icons. Exacto knife to cut the sides of the blood drops strait after that.

gallery_71633_8409_187674.jpg

Archived