Wolf_Pack's Blood Angels - Conversions and Kit Bashes

• 2 weeks later...

The cutout in the sword for the furioso is shaped like an inquisitorial "=I=" symbol. Quixus is suggesting you fill it in and paint over it, so that your BA libby doesn't look like he stole a GK sword.

I think it could go either way... it isn't immediately obvious, but once you're looking at it it is hard to miss. You could also just cut off the little nubs, leaving the rest of the cutout.

Like this:

gallery_68606_8619_17435.jpg

The dreadnought above the one with the spear has an inquisitorial I on the blade (of the GK Dreadknight IIRC). I don't think a Blood Angels Dreadnought would carry such a weapon, unless there is a special reason for it. Is there?

Drat, ninja'd by Brother Maikel. (BTW is there a universe adapted phrase for ninjaing?)

Super awesome, but my take on the I on the blade is go for a blood grove down it.  It would fit with BA armies. Either way love the work, definitely got me inspired to sit down at the table again.

• 2 weeks later...

Green stuff has a long dry time. When I need to do large strips for scrollwork or ribbons I will first roughly shape the greenstuff, and let it dry for half an hour to an hour depending on how resilient I want it to be. I use my fingers to rub it down to stretch. as long as you stroke quickly and wet your fingers with water, they will not leave fingerprints fingerprints occure when the GS is too soft and pressure is applied directly.

once I've rubbed it down to the appropirate length and width, I use an exacto knife to cut the ribbon sides until they are strait and even. because I've let it dry a bit, the GS will no warp as you cut off the excess.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need more information. Always glad to help!

I've been in the process of unpacking my gear, having moved a 6 hour drive away from montreal. Once I get setup I'll get back to work! I finished painting Corbulo - I'll post an update on him. I will keep working on my last assault on blackreach dreads.

• 5 weeks later...

finally settled down, I unpacked my gear and got to work. I couldn't get the sword to look good so I decided to kill two birds with a rocket launcher. I decomposed and magnetized my Sanguinor body, and can not run him has either Dante, or Sanguinor. Here's the result : gallery_71633_8409_34203.jpggallery_71633_8409_76579.jpg

Really loving your work Wolf_Pack!  Got a couple questions I hope you can answer though--What color are you using for your gold/bronze paint, and what bits did you use for your Frag Cannons?

And from working with the contemptor, what would you use/recommend to make a contemptor-sized Frag Cannon?

Really loving your work Wolf_Pack!  Got a couple questions I hope you can answer though--What color are you using for your gold/bronze paint, and what bits did you use for your Frag Cannons?

And from working with the contemptor, what would you use/recommend to make a contemptor-sized Frag Cannon?

For the brass, it's very simple. Balthasar Gold, Dev. mud wash (or Agrax earhshade) I tiny bit of bit of Sycorax bronze for detailed areas that require highlights to make them pop. You can also water down your Balthasar gold a tiny bit to get an uneven coat, which will make interesting patterns with the wash. then layer over it to even it out.

My frag cannons are made from the Rift cannon bottom part from the Dark Angels flyer kit. got some on Ebay for 3$ 

For the contemptor,I really like the palm mounted weapon. for the "heavy flamer" count as. I am going to order more contemptor arms next month, and I am toying with the idea of making a megaman style cannon with the Riftcannon bit at the end.

the other option I am contemplating is a shoulder mount or wrist mounted cannon.

Archived