First Company, 2kpts

redmapa

Ok so  Im going to buy some FW stuff in august and Ive decided to do a Post-Heresy Black Templar force using the Betrayal army list AKA, Imperial Fists first company after the dividing of the legions

1995pts

HQ 255

Chaplain 135

-Jump pack, Power Fist, Artificer Armour

Chaplain 120

-Jump pack, Melta Bombs, Artificer Armour

Elites 770

Contemptor Dreadnought 175

-2 Close Combat Weapons

Contemptor Dreadnought 175

-2 Close Combat Weapons

Dreadnought Talon (3) 420

-2 Twin-Linked Autocannons

Troops 740

Legion Assault Squad (15) 370

-3 Power Swords

-Sergeant, Melta Bombs, Power Sword

Legion Assault Squad (15) 370

-3 Power Swords

-Sergeant, Melta Bombs, Power Sword

Heavy Support 230

Predator 115

-Heavy Conversion Beamer

Predator 115

-Heavy Conversion Beamer

Assault squads are really expensive in pts ._.''

could you guys give me some feedback on this list? I really want to make assault squads work, thanks!

New version, now with more dakka!

Assault Squads work great, but I recommend a force multiplier with them. A Chaplain to re-roll hits, Primus Medicae for FNP, or a Libby, someone to increase effectiveness. I'd also put at least two axes in there, or at least one squad with all axes so you can throw them against Terminators.

If you have only 15, you only get 3 PW in the squad. Is one on the Sarge?

If you have only 15, you only get 3 PW in the squad. Is one on the Sarge? 

yeah one of them is on the sarge, i shouldve specified it,sorry : P.. Also librarians or psykers of any kind are out of the question.. Thanks I'll consider adding 2 chaplains with jump packs

I think I'd go for a little more variety. The heavy conversion Beamers are nice, but not being able to move makes them a little harder to use for good shots. And the Dakka Predators are really effective at chewing up small squads, four shot auto cannon is nice, plus heavy Bolter sponsons gives a lot of shooting. Maybe change out two of the Predators for auto cannons/HBs and switch one Contemptor to dual Kheres. Then you will have a little more variety, plus some redundancy.

I'd also try a few games with taking the PW off the assault sarge and giving him artificer. Put him at the front and have him soak up small arms fire-- it might be more effective than the PW.

The heavy conversion Beamers are nice, but not being able to move makes them a little harder to use for good shots. And the Dakka Predators are really effective at chewing up small squads, four shot auto cannon is nice, plus heavy Bolter sponsons gives a lot of shooting. 

yea you are right heavy conversion beamers are tough to set up but are very devastating so I'll keep two, but beyond that this list does lack some close fire support, I managed to get some points and gave the contemptors autocannons and changed a predator into an executioner because it is much more devastating than a predator cannon against infantry

thank you 

Archived