Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITH I continued painting on my old metal veterans and Masters of the Chapter. These are great models but it is taking forever to get all the details. And the capes, they are something I need to get better at. I am actually struggling with getting the right contrasting colors for the undersides of the capes. Color theory....

Today in the hobby I got the e-mail stating that one of my Imperial Space Marines (Due to one missed phone call I ended up obtaining two of them. *laughs*) has shipped! I've even resolved to actually paint them myself in the colours of two of the twelve original chapters.

I'm now scouring Ebay for a copy of IA: Apocrypha as I sadly missed out on it.

Today in the Hobby, I received my Mk. IV Word Bearer shoulder pads, Umbra Ferrox, and Phobos pattern bolters. Looks like the start of my 30k Word Bearers is coming together!(Granted, much like my other projects it'll probably take me ages to get anywhere on them or even get photos up when I do. :tongue.: )

Today in the hobby, I worked on unpacking more stuff from the move. I have a few more boxes to go through... a lot of bits still on the sprue... I'm thinking I just need to sit down and clip it all out to save on space. I also put together my first improvised case for my army. Using a few 12x24 inch bankers boxes and some pieces of 12x12 convoluted foam, I can now easily carry my large army to the shop to play! :) 4 cases for the price of a medium sized battle foam case!

Also, I'm considering starting up a WIP log for my DIY chapter and eventual Imperial Crusade force. Still deciding when exactly I'm going to get around to that.

Edited by AceofCase

YITH got out my 'projects' box for the first time in probably 2 years and sorted through a few things so I might actually start painting something again.

nice to see that the paints hadn't dried out either so I wont have to spend a small fortune on replenishing these.

YITH I started assembling an attack bike squadron (2 old metal side cars, 1 plastic) with multi-meltas so that my Templars could have some mobile heavy weapon support.

Also cleaned up and re-equipped some old assault marines.

Looks like it's going to be a fast attack project weekend.

TITH I suffered through trying to apply DIY decals to some painted stuff.  DAMN. IT.  Why didn't so many things happen to make this easier.

I alos primed a FW Ven Dread, started a Techmarine, put finishing touches on a Chaplain, and started painting over a half-completed Vindicator.

All this continues to show that I do not have a working plan to work on an army that uses a formation other than a crummy CAD.

AND YET ... there are plans in my head.  Nothing on paper because ... I want a completed formation and those are printed somewhere elese :P

Two things:

1) DIY decals suck Suck SUCK!  Or may be I suck at them :laugh.:  I am half-convincing myself to go ahead and just buy the FW sheet.  But at almost $30 (with S&H), I'd only use just under 50% of the sheet.  And I'd be forcing myself to use most of that just to get bang-for-buck.  The DIY sheets are the better value, but the price in stress and labor (at my age) is almost so much of a PITA that ... back to FW.

1st World problems, right?

2) I really am working on the figs that were half-completed already.  It's like I am getting stuff done, to clear my plates for the "real" work ahead in making a truly gamable army.  Like that Land Speeder SIB or that new Firespear Formation I bought last month.

Today in the hobby, I revisited an old project that I had actually forgotten about! :blink.:

Let's hope it doesn't take another two years or so years to finish it! :laugh.:

YITH I continued to work on my metal vaterans and masters of the chapter. It's taking forever. So many details. And as soon as I think I finish one stage and move to the next I see where I missed something. The pay off will be nice but the wait is starting to drag me down.

Yesterday in the Hobby, I received one of my Imperial Space Marines. Haven't even had the chance to get him assembled yet, sadly. Perhaps tonight.

Tithi have grown tired of power armour, and turned once more unto the light of the greater good. Then the local manager pointed out that rather than paying £45 for three battlesuits I could just pay £50 and get the Tau Start Collecting box which contains about £93 of stuff. I'm sure some time on these collectivist space fish will rekindle the passion for good old ceramite at some point.