Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today in the hobby I....

• Please log in to reply
10174 replies to this topic

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,559 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
Today in the hobby, I am at Warhammer World. Having bought an Avenger, the rules for it, two of each heavy weapon Sister,two Melta Sisters, two Penitent Engines, the big case and a Sunday ticket for Warhammer Fest, I'm wondering how it all happened. I only came to see the new Chapters of the Space Marines exhibit! :lol:

And my favourite Chapter of all time is there! ^_^
  • shandwen and Col.hertford like this

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,377 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Today in the hobby, I am at Warhammer World. Having bought an Avenger, the rules for it, two of each heavy weapon Sister,two Melta Sisters, two Penitent Engines, the big case and a Sunday ticket for Warhammer Fest, I'm wondering how it all happened. I only came to see the new Chapters of the Space Marines exhibit! laugh.png

And my favourite Chapter of all time is there! happy.png

PICTURES WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!?

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

TITHI started dryfitting pieces for my first knight. I am going to make it heavily mutated (nurgle) and with an over the shoulder battle cannon. Wish me luck!

• Chaeron and Carrack like this

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,559 posts

Today in the hobby, I am at Warhammer World. Having bought an Avenger, the rules for it, two of each heavy weapon Sister,two Melta Sisters, two Penitent Engines, the big case and a Sunday ticket for Warhammer Fest, I'm wondering how it all happened. I only came to see the new Chapters of the Space Marines exhibit! laugh.png

PICTURES WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!?

I'm about to make my way home now, so when I get back :lol:

I also remembered to get Daemonifuge as well...
  • Machine God and deathspectersgt7 like this

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,688 posts

Today in the hobby I finished my thirteenth Salamander.

• Machine God likes this

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,350 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

@Aquilanus - What the Rainbow Warriors are in the Space Marines exhibit? Cool!

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,559 posts

@Aquilanus - What the Rainbow Warriors are in the Space Marines exhibit? Cool!

Indeed! happy.png

I've made a topic about the pictures HERE! smile.png
  • Space Truckin likes this

Space Truckin

Space Truckin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels / Black Legion

First post in TitH will be my last for a while.

Packing up all of my models and kit into 5  53 litre plastic storage tubs until my new home office / 'man cave' is finished in our new home. 

I'm officially going back into lurker mode.

Good luck in  ETL V  everyone

The chapter might continue, but its heritage had been destroyed – it would never be the same again. Two Heads Talking was of the last generation of Space Marines recruited from the plains people. There would be no more.

BattleBrotherJohn

BattleBrotherJohn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
TITH I went a little crazy on eBay and the Forge world sight and bought a pile of resin to start a 30k army.
  • shandwen likes this

L_T_3_2017_Banner.jpg L_T_3_2017_Badge_01_Centurion.jpg

shandwen

shandwen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,886 posts
  • Faction: It changes with the season
Tith I finished painting (besides the iconography) my first Knight. A nice copper/dark grey to run as either chaos or loyal.

Now in Technicolor!

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Picked up Apocrypha!

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Mard

Mard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 345 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

TITH I finished planning out my new city table for Epic

Now to get the old paint/glue and sand out

Spoiler

• Obscura, apologist, Viridia and 4 others like this

sml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Imperium_SOBETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifgallery_48988_10069_12051.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifETL_Medal_03.gifgallery_48988_10980_7442.pnggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpg

IamJacksUserName

IamJacksUserName

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 383 posts
YitH I played my first game since 2012.
Found a local shop that has people who play 40k on a regular basis (finally!) and a couple of new players that were glad to run me through my first game of 7th ed.
Probably screwed up a lot of the rules considering the last game I played was 5th edition, but a good time was had by all, so who cares.
  • Machine God likes this

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,598 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels

I just want to be able to take two special weapons in a tactical squad. I'd trade everything from chapter tactics to the specific detachment and from heavy flamers in tactical squads to artificer armor and thunder hammers on sergeants just to be able to take two flamers or two meltaguns in my troops.

I, too, miss Cleanse and Purify. 4th edition was my Renaissance.

Well, gameplay-wise. I was nowhere near my current model-making standard.

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current project: Escalation Campaign 2021

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,822 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Todith...

Death watch overkill + AoD.

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
YITH I got a lot done. Sorted some bits and put more paint onto my Linebreaker Squadron and support vehicle. That was probably my last hobby time for the next 3 weeks.

marvmoogy

marvmoogy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,111 posts

TITHI....played Freeblade.  A lot.  

It was a good distraction from all the work I brought home to get done over the bank holiday weekend.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

TITHI started fixing the Mars-pattern baneblade I got in the post. Seriously, the damn thing looks like the courier service (Hermes) dropkicked the box a couple of times. Still, the model was a steal at the price I got it for. ;)

• shandwen likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,688 posts

The postmen were obviously jealous of your bargain. tongue.png

Today in the hobby I wondered if my next hobby project after finishing my Salamanders second squad's first five men should be the five remaining marines or painting the three wraithblades that have been languishing in their box since I highlighted the first two.

Obscura

Obscura

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 426 posts
  • Faction: VII / III Legion

Today I finished building the 1 out of six Orchestrators ( Emperor's Children Kakophoni Sergeant title ) and the 30th Anniversary Marine for my EC.

Currently trying to figure out how I'm going to do their bases, taking a small break to focus my eyes elsewhere.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,523 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

Eh... Today I may have committed to something that I neither currently possess the resources for nor have the available funds to purchase said resources.

+++

wfESAcV.jpg?2

++Iron and flesh, oiled with blood, midnight's blades, we come++

++Malvora! Malvora! Lauxum Nocte!++

++Iron and flesh, oiled with blood, midnight's blades, we hunt++

++Malvora! Malvora! Lauxum Nocte!++

++Iron and flesh, oiled with blood, midnight's blades, we kill++

++FOLLOW. SEEK. DESTROY++

++GLORY IN DEATH. RETRIBUTION IN CONQUEST. ABSOLUTION IN FEAR++

++FOR C'XASE, FOR THE HAUNTER, AND FOR THE HOUSE MALVORA++

++THE WARMASTER'S WILL BE DONE++

- Warcants of the Taghmata c'Xase and the Sydonian-bound Malvora, sworn to the Night Lords Legion, Traitoris Perdita.

• Viridia, Teetengee and Aeternus like this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

slitth

slitth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts
  • Faction: The Silver Scaled

Today got me a Games Workshop drill and a lot of 1 mm steelballs.

It was not as hard as I feared it would be and I am happy with my first attempt.

http://pre12.deviant...tth-da1a48d.jpg

http://pre06.deviant...tth-da1a43f.jpg

• Machine God, shandwen and Carlson793 like this

hydra_sidnature_by_slitth-dbor4yp.jpg

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Looks good deathspectre.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,144 posts
  • Faction: Stygian Lords
TITHI worked out how to do the Rapier crews for my Black Legion. Just gotta get some Possessed.

Dragonlover

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,145 posts
TITH I broke down and bought that fancy pants version of the Primarch series book.

Edited by KBA, 04 May 2016 - 02:49 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)