Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby, I went to Warhammer Fest, found out that there is hope in the Repressor and the Immolator returning (the latter being a "once they're gone, they're GONE!" thing), ordering four of the Sisters bling kits from Forgeworld and this:

med_gallery_51296_5089_481570.jpg

A limited number "Know no Fear" artwork signed by Neil Roberts :happy.:

I also met the man who painted the Rainbow Warrior in the "Chapters of the Space Marines" exhibit who showed me a few WIP photos :happy.:

And of course, seeing for myself, a picture of my favourite Primarch of all. All hail the ALL FATHER!

Let's see, over yesterday and today, I worked on my 3 Drop Pods for the ETL and Knightfall~

Finished trimming the nearly endless mold lines (seriously, soooo many mold lines)

Glued the doors together, which was surprisingly finnicky

Drilled out the necessary holes for magnetizing the doors and Hurricane Launchers (actually gluing in the magnets is a hell I'm putting off for tomorrow)

Primed the bases and fin thingies

Assembled the R2D2 looking central pillars

That's a whole lot of work that I've been putting off for...I don't even know how long :P

YETHI - Converted a 25 mm slotta base to 35 mm by drilling, cutting and filing a hole in the 35 mm base and slipping the smaller base inside. I then sealed them together with green stuff.

I also stabbed my thumb with a file, ouch.

Now my ETL V Dev Sgt has a 35 mm base for his Necron Pariah legs.:cool.:

Today in the hobby, I picked up two Razorback kits (the Chassis' are for my Sisters Rhinos/Immolators [which will be a "unique" variant i.e. the turret goes at the back :laugh.: ], the turrets will be alternate load outs for my Rainbow Warriors' RB which already has a kitbashed Las/Plas turret) and was talking to the store manager about recent events (the 25th anniversary of Space Marines, Warhammer Fest etc) and told him I wasn't able to get a copy of the Index Astartes: Apocrypha (I was ill that weekend :sad.: ). He told me that his copy was available as he hasn't read it yet and that I could buy that from him. Just spent the last hour with rose tinted glasses fixed firmly to my optical sensors reading it. Excellent! :happy.:

TDITH I resurrected a paint pot that hadn't been fully sealed before being put away for a few months. A little water, a lot of toothpick stirring, some copious shaking, and it was good to go. The paint brought back from the dead, Ushabti Bone. ;) Edited by Carrack

YETHI - Converted a 25 mm slotta base to 32 mm by drilling, cutting and filing a hole in the 35 mm base and slipping the smaller base inside. I then sealed them together with green stuff.

I also stabbed my thumb with a file, ouch.

Now my ETL V Dev Sgt has a 32 mm base for his Necron Pariah legs.:cool.:

That's 32 mm you eejit!

TITHI - Received 50x 32 mm adaptors from that I ordered, now I can re-base my entire army minus the scouts who will stay on 25 mm bases.

I finished assembling and studding my Terminator (chaplain) Optio

http://img09.deviantart.net/01db/i/2016/141/4/6/wraith_wolf_terminator_optio_1_by_slitth-da39shj.jpg

http://img08.deviantart.net/f423/i/2016/141/2/3/wraith_wolf_terminator_optio_2_by_slitth-da39si2.jpg

http://img12.deviantart.net/8760/i/2016/141/4/6/wraith_wolf_terminator_optio_3_by_slitth-da39sid.jpg