Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

. . . completed my unit of five Iron Hands Cataphractii Terminators, at least to the point where they now only need to be based.

I also glued together my next 10 Tactical Marines' legs, torsos, and heads, as well as giving the sergeant his bolt pistol and power sword arms and adding a Skitarii Vanguard crest to the top of his helmet.

TITH I discovered my plans for the Liber writing competition took a nose dive, figuratively speaking. If you see my vow, that will make sense. Sorry to be cryptic, yet I love my idea but the details will take time to fix or I have to settle on ideas I do not care to follow, which makes completing the vow less a challenge and more a chore.

TITH I discovered my plans for the Liber writing competition took a nose dive, figuratively speaking. If you see my vow, that will make sense. Sorry to be cryptic, yet I love my idea but the details will take time to fix or I have to settle on ideas I do not care to follow, which makes completing the vow less a challenge and more a chore.

Exactly how I'm feeling about it right now too...

I am feeling down tho because I've been dwelling on wfb and bretonnia having been axed and how this basically means a huge part of my chidhood feels hollow still... makes it hard to feel passionate about other projects...

TITH I finally picked up my orders from my GW Local. A nice bag of goodies:

+ Imperialis and Chaotica Apocrypha books. Just as tasty as the first book.

+ Blanche Canoness. Thinking of converting her to lead my Bratt gangers in Necromunda.

+ Blood Bowl Snow Mat. Gotta have some games in the snow.

+ Mechanicus Grey Spray. Love this spray, it is so choice.

Tith I ordered from amazon a copy of the 4th edition back templars codex...

Hidden Content
and a copy of 6 th edition bretonnia and 6th edition general's compendium

Once these are in hand I shall feel as tho a great weight has been lifted.

I started playing Drop Assault on my phone, real slow start playing around with two terminators and four tactical marines after you have 3 predator tanks and 2 squads of tac marines. I don't know if I can stick with it long enough to see where it goes.

I got my Custodes in the mail and am now clipping/cleaning them for assembly. I will combine the extra parts with my Scibor Roman Legion parts to pad out my squad.

Greetings

Played team game - three 1500 point forces per side. It was a bit too slow and unwieldy - unfortunately only managed two turns per side thanks to many psychic shenanigans.

My force was battleforged, C:I Coteaz plus Cypher with the main force from C:IA; around 500 of sisters (two normal units and two dominion squads in melta-Immolators led by a priest) plus 750 inquisition and an astropath for a giant central unit with six space monkeys. I do love a bit of space monkey action. Especially when it gives the formation Rending and +1 to armour saves.

My allies were unbound Guard tanks including a super-heavy, and dark eldar (that force defaulted to our side because the enemy was three chaos armies). We were fighting Maelstrom 3 longways. We were forced (!) to set up first, on the side of the board with only two objectives. Not. As. Planned.

I deployed my big unit in the centre so that I could Intercept anything that appeared anywhere useful, with two squads of battle sisters near objectives. The left flank was held by Pask plus another Leman Russ, three mortar tanks and the superheavy, with a cover-ignoring S10 AP1 gun. Two manticores hid at the back.

The aliens fielded three raiders, two of which had grotesques with haemonculi, and one a unit of blastermen. There was also a jetbike squad. The only reserves were two units of Dominions in multi-melta immolators ready to appear on the flanks and harry enemy vehicles. I rolled Invisibility for the first time after failing to get the right result in two previous games. One inquisitor could choose to pass or fail Morale checks - nice! The Ordo Xenos, however, gained Preferred Enemy. Obviously he was an expert in relations with our pointy-eared friends...*

The enemy consisted of Tzeenchian marines (including loads of psykers, led by Ahriman himself) two Land Raiders, a daemon prince of Nurgle, a bunch of obliterators with a smith, a defiler, a maulerfiend and some Death Guard.

The enemy tried to Seize, but failed. Both sides had the chance to get a Victory Point if they destroyed a unit in their respective first turns. In a change to the published programme I actually managed to make my big squad invisible for a turn and prevented one of the enemy's powers. We (just) gunned down their fiend through Pask's 20 Rending shots despite having already thrown lots of guns that way. The dark eldar valiantly sped forward, knowing that the tissue-thin armour of their vehicles would fail, only to disgorge their close combat experts into the heart of the enemy, tearing the mutual foes to shreds while the rest of the force protected their backs*. Just. As. Planned.

Chaos led 2-1 after the first turn was complete thanks to succeeding in a charge and trashing another raider.

Turn 2 saw one Dominion squad arrive and after I failed every psychic power roll, their transport immobilised a Land Raider, and they offed a sorcerer while also claiming an objective! Our big guns did not tire, crippling the defiler and obliterating the obliterators. The space monkeys shot up the daemon prince - 6 wounds scored thanks to rerollable lascannon (cheers Coteaz!). Only one managed to get through his 4+ cover/FNP, however. Then he was shot in the face by two talos and he fell over. There was a bit of indecisive close combat.

Enemy reserves arrived, teleporting behind us. A terminator squad arrived including one army commander. The first model was placed more than 12" away from Coteaz - but the last was not. And he was expecting them. Two terminators fell over (they were lucky not to lose more - Cypher was at BS1 thanks to an ill-placed Ulutheami plasma syphon, but he still took one down!). The foe was a bit sneaky, and tried "persuading" the inquisitorial force to open fire on the mortar tanks. Ahriman managed a pretty repugnant six successes. however, my psykers proudly raised their Inquisitorial Mandates to ward off his filthy power, managing a glorious five counters.

So near and yet so far. The artillery vehicles were judged to be failing the Emperor, and were duly shot up by rending guns and Jokaero lascannon. Only one was destroyed, but the rest succumbed to the reduced terminators' guns. A missile tank was shot up by a Deep Striking obliterator. Despite some heroic Invulnerable saving the dominions were laid waste to by Tzeench terminators that had been in the Land Raider their own ride had crippled. However, the immolator survived the inevitable charge (just!)...

End result: 5-4 to us.

We probably would have crushed them. Couldn't be 100% on that - Ahriman is a tricky character - but we still had the superheavy and our forces remained quite killy, while one of the opponents had lost almost their entire army.

Note: *edited to reflect the new reality revealed in FoC.

Edited by Brother Sefiel

Tith I played my 1st "real" game in 12 years... 750 bt vs 750 sob. I was demolished, mostly due to really bad luck early on which left me mostly a sitting duck the next 2 turns. culminating in a to little to late assault victory followed immediately by a slew of 2s for armour saves in his turn 4 shooting phase leaving me 16 to 3 inf, and 3 to 0 vehices, out numbered and unable to hold more than 1 obj vs his 4, I conceded...

Tith I played my 1st "real" game in 12 years... 750 bt vs 750 sob. I was demolished, mostly due to really bad luck early on which left me mostly a sitting duck the next 2 turns. culminating in a to little to late assault victory followed immediately by a slew of 2s for armour saves in his turn 4 shooting phase leaving me 16 to 3 inf, and 3 to 0 vehices, out numbered and unable to hold more than 1 obj vs his 4, I conceded...

Good effort getting a game in after so long, you'll have to exact some revenge!

... have begun to genuinely consider buying the Emperor's Champion, a Crusader Squad and Land Raider Crusader to accompany the Vanguard Veteran Squad that'll be joining my Battle Sisters in a Castellans of the Imperium detachment.

^^ that is just too awesome. Haven't seen a Captain Morgan posed Warlod yet :)

TITH I received a late bday gift from my wonderful girlfriend: Horus, Warmaster! A perfect casting, and I finally have the big man :)

Tithi started the ground work to make my best friend a Deathguard (Painted as The Purge) Csm army. Nothing too fancy, but just using some old csm models where I've shifted most of my guys to B@C marines bashed with zerker and csm kits, basically

Lord on a Bike with Fist/Claws

6 bikes (I hate marines on bikes)

7x Csms with combi plasma / plasma rhino

7x Csms with combi plasma / plasma rhino

5x havocs with 2 lascannons and 2 meltaguns and rhino

5x havocs with 2 lascannons and 2 meltaguns and rhino.

It will be the most competitive army he has ever had. He mentioned he always wanted a Purge army, and the Relentless rule will allow for Razorback type shenanigans with the havocs. Tack on a spawn and a unit of terminators and he's got a warband.

Edited by Trevak Dal

TITH I got a wraithknight for my Ulthwé v Nightlords opposing forces.  Extremely tilted right now as the little round bit in the chest that you attach the legs to resisted the mighty bonds of plastic cement and has currently botched my plans for the afternoon before work as I had to find a way to get inside the chest and pin it down.