Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

In a bout of "I DON'T HAVE ANY SELF CONTROL!" I bought the following off of eBay:
(these are the images supplied by the sellers)

. . . apparently I'm playing Order of the Valorous Heart now. And you know, I'm OK with that. The Emperor moves in mysterious ways :P

Hi

Played two games of Kill-Team tonight - my first ever.

My force was inquisitorial acolytes in a chimera, three in carapace armour with hot-shots (one ignored cover) two crusader-equivalents (one leader, one wound on 2+) three in power armour (one with a meltagun and Preferred Enemy).

Hammered in the initial game by marine scouts with bike and speeder support played by a GW employee who had played the format lots, in the mission that gave us Night-Fighting every single turn. My people couldn't hit the side of a bus at point blank, let alone get through cover saves. I took out one biker. Dreadful.

Game two was against Deathwatch. He had no heavy weapons, so most of my people sat in the chimera and shot him up. It was hilariously rammed by the opposition's rhino, which broke in the process. I won handily.

TITHI realised that I have a problem, and that is called this lovely plastic crack hobby of ours. Need to take stock of what I've got at the moment, what I really want to do (do I carry on with a pre-Badab War Astral Claws army, or start a gothic-looking Black Templar army to feed my nostalgia?). Probably doesn't help that I've not done any real painting in what could well be nearly two years now. I shudder to think of what I could potentially subject my FW Contemptor to after the BaC one I did. Yes sirree, I'm definitely going to stop buying things this year to give me a chance to sort out my current (mostly unbuilt!) collection.

Ooh look at that shiny Custodes Contempto-d'oh!

Last Wednesday ITHI came into the possession of "The World of Warhammer: An Official Illustrated Guide to the Fantasy World"

From 1998. The year I started warhammer with 2 bretonnian knights and 8 bowmen vs my brothers 4 sword and board orcs, 4 orc archers, 5 goblin spearmen and 5 goblin bowmen...

It's an excellent book. I've had my copy for years now and always found it terribly inspiring, even if I never quite took the plunge back into WFB after my initial foray with Dwarves. It also did a decent job of delving into the non-war aspects of the different factions as well (to a certain degree).

TITH I finished my Loth Librarian in Raven Guard colors!  I hope to have a pic up tonight ^_^

Thank the Emperor, I had way Way WAY too many distractions when working on this guy.

AND since I am ditching my metal Thunderfire Cannons for an alternative plastic build (that I have yet to discover), then I can finally put that project to the side and work on ... something else.  More bikes?

TITHI realised that I have a problem, and that is called this lovely plastic crack hobby of ours. Need to take stock of what I've got at the moment, what I really want to do (do I carry on with a pre-Badab War Astral Claws army, or start a gothic-looking Black Templar army to feed my nostalgia?). Probably doesn't help that I've not done any real painting in what could well be nearly two years now. I shudder to think of what I could potentially subject my FW Contemptor to after the BaC one I did. Yes sirree, I'm definitely going to stop buying things this year to give me a chance to sort out my current (mostly unbuilt!) collection.

Ooh look at that shiny Custodes Contempto-d'oh!

Last Wednesday ITHI came into the possession of "The World of Warhammer: An Official Illustrated Guide to the Fantasy World"

From 1998. The year I started warhammer with 2 bretonnian knights and 8 bowmen vs my brothers 4 sword and board orcs, 4 orc archers, 5 goblin spearmen and 5 goblin bowmen...

It's an excellent book. I've had my copy for years now and always found it terribly inspiring, even if I never quite took the plunge back into WFB after my initial foray with Dwarves. It also did a decent job of delving into the non-war aspects of the different factions as well (to a certain degree).

Its been a good one to skim thru so far.

Wish I had a dwarf army. A good friend played fantasy squats and I miss that army, I helped him a lot with it... sadly he lost them and his tau somewhere when the navy was bouncing him around...

Just purchased 10 Cold Ones for mounts for Rough Riders. Awwww yeah.

Did the exact same thing a few years back used some catachan (the bowlegged ones) legs i had spare and melta bombs on top of the lances to make the warheads, You do have to shave the saddles a bit and green stuff them at the same time to get a good fit

here's a pic of the wip (only shot i have of them lol)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/treadhead2/Englianroughriders.jpg

TithI reveled in the fact that a frater invoked the ordo Ire Est. Made my day.

Also. Working on renovating and rehabbing Old armies... today was wfb chaos warriors my brother bought back in around 2003... their first plastic regiment kits if I'm right...

Lookin at all those left over bits like... they gotta be useful for 40k chaos marines!

Actually the marauders look almost perfect to blend with catachans for traitor guards too...

Warriors have some suitable epic weapons. Might get the siege breaker mace for my IW out of there!

Edited by Canadian_F_H

TITH i just got back from cancon, the largest Epic tournament (so i believe) in oz.

It was fantastic to see and play a bunch of different armies and people rather than the same old crowd (no offence implied to my usual game buddy, who i played against in round 3 anyway).

Brother Mard took the highest number of kills (i think) in the tourney using that beautiful Titan as per last page (page 216).

It is an awesome model and bloody heavy; definitely as useful as an old school dreadnought in a sock... and far prettier.

I managed 2 wins from 5 games, mainly from bum-rushing some filthy xenos and dirty traitor guards, so overall the power armour wasn't terrible. hazzah!

Today in the Hobby I...

Built a Platoon Command Squad, based them and primed them.

I also based a handful of old Inquisition miniatures that I discovered in my bits box, and primed them

I also did a test miniature for a Skitarii army I kind of started over the summer.

It's been a busy day.