Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Hello

After pretty much a day off yesterday (distracted by computer games) was back into the swing and completed big swathes of the large chap - legs pretty much finished, chainsword almost complete, body largely done, and base now attached and liberally strewn with bits.

Also had no fewer than two dreams to do with 40k last night - being chased by orks near the town centre in the first, then playing a game with demons fighting sisters on a fortress roof.

Also played Ynnari+DE v Ultramarines and Guard this evening. Humans won, 8-6.

Edited by Brother Sefiel

TiTH I got some rare earth magnets in the mail. I bought them in August of last year, got sick of waiting and got a refund a couple months later. Today they showed up at my work and the package looked like it went through absolute hell. Probably got stuck in the bottom of the bin and has been going back and forth from China to the US for the last six months. 

You have been patient, little magnets. There is an Imperial Knight and a lance of Predators who have been eagerly awaiting you. 

Today in the hobby I have begun assembling my 750-point Demi-Company!  Starting with a five-man tactical squad.  After it's done, two more just like it, then the Assault squad and the Devastators.  My reward will be painting the Cataphractii Captain.  I expect it will take a month or two - probably by Easter.

Greetings

​Stupidly spent most of the day playing computer games instead of painting (again) but did a bit more on the knight and started a couple of Court of the Archon stand-ins to allow me to take a tantalus or two in Ynnari detachments - looking forward to doing so on Tuesday.

Today in the hobby I finished the last touches to the Sister's of Battle army for a local 2nd edition tournament this weekend.

​Quality girls, Mard. What's the origin of the leader model?

Greetings

​Stupidly spent most of the day playing computer games instead of painting (again) but did a bit more on the knight and started a couple of Court of the Archon stand-ins to allow me to take a tantalus or two in Ynnari detachments - looking forward to doing so on Tuesday.

Today in the hobby I finished the last touches to the Sister's of Battle army for a local 2nd edition tournament this weekend.

​Quality girls, Mard. What's the origin of the leader model?

Cheers Sefiel!

Model is an Inquisitor from Wargame exclusive

TITH, I'm going to play some Kill Team. First time I play 40k in four years (beginning of 6th). My models are black (one has a bit of SoH green on it) and I've just realised that I have no dice with me but hey, that's all part of the fun, isn't it?

Hi

Pretty much finished the knight apart from the basing. Phew! Hopefully finish it off tomorrow.

One Medusae stand-in nearly done, ready for Tuesday.

pictures for inspiration?

I have 2 knights I've been putting off...

Hello

pictures for inspiration?

I have 2 knights I've been putting off...

Afraid they are fairly simple paint jobs, but my stuff usually is. Quantity has a quality all its own...

My camera is rubbish, but I might give it a try at some point - but they are likely to be appearing at an apocalypse game fairly soon, so I'll post them in a report if not here.

Right, so I managed to play two games of Kill Team in... five hours. :sweat::laugh.:

One draw, one victory so I'm pretty happy. :smile.:

Write-up below (with only one picture...):

Hidden Content

Setup at the beginning of the first game. Objective one was the Aegis Defence Line turret in the bottom right corner on the edge of my deployment zone, objective two was the statue in the middle of no-man's land, and objective three was in the building in the top left corner in my opponent's deployment zone. Nothing changed terrain- or objective-wise between the two games.

gallery_45765_5904_1088447.png

My list was eight Black Legion Chaos Chosen which gave me Hatred+ against all IoM armies (re-rolls in all combat phases, not just the first) and I gave them MoK (Rage and Counter-Attack). One meltagun one flamer, one heavy bolter, and a power sword-wielding Champion. The meltagun had infiltrate, the flamer FNP, the heavy bolter Split Fire (or whatever the rule is called) and my Leader had Killing Instinct (always Wounds on 2+ in CC).

My first game was against a five-man Tactical Squad with melta and Sergeant with power sword, and a Land Speeder Typhoon with meltagun. Incorrect placement (via misjudging of distances) meant that my infiltrating melta-bearer did not manage to blow up his Land Speeder turn 1 as planned (just out of reach... 13" away), leaving him out in the open and conceding First Blood... That said, I managed to destroy it in close combat with krak grenades (it still took me a couple of rounds or so).
After that, I managed to secure two objectives (out of three) and get Slay the Warlord (a SM Sergeant in CC is :censored: even with a power sword, especially against four attacks on my side due to Counter-Attack and BP+CCW combo on my Chosen).
In return he got First Blood, Slay the Warlord (no 2+ armour save hurts bad...), and one objective.

The second game was against nine IG Veterans with Harker as Sergeant and an Armoured Sentinel (with an autocannon). They all had snare mines and camo cloaks which was a real pain in the rear as I didn't get my Rage attack bonus in CC. :dry.: One of his Veterans had a sniper rifle (with +1 BS) and another had a plasma gun (with Preferred Enemy).

I managed to not bork my infiltrating melta-bearer and removed one HP (was in Melta range but rolled badly on the Damage Table... a one, I think). I decided to charge into combat... which turned out to be a mistake when your only AT weapon is stuck in a combat with krak grenades which ended up bouncing off the Sentinel's front armour for five turns. :dry.:
However, despite this and his plasma gun killing my Leader before he could do anything, I managed to kill off enough Vets to force Break tests and that destroyed his force (Sentinel with 1 HP and one lone Vet in my deployment zone left at the end of turn six). That lone Vet not only got him Linebreaker (he made a Flank Attack) but also managed to kill off two Chosen that I sent to kill him with his faith in the Emperor and his humble lasgun. Man of the match right there. :thumbsup:
In the end, he had Linebreaker and Slay the Warlord and I had First Blood and two objectives.

I think I'll swap the MoK with a MoN on the Chosen as I think the extra point in Toughness will be more beneficial than Rage and Counter-Attack... especially since I alreay have Hatred+ so that helps in CC already. Then again, having four attacks when charged and five on the charge... it ain't bad. I'll have to think about it. What I'll probably end up doing though is putting FNP on my Leader to try and stop giving away that damned Slay the Warlord VP. :laugh.:

Anyway, two very educational games, very enjoyable games, with cool opponents, and I'm looking forward to the tournament next week!

Well done, Dos :biggrin.:!

TITH work is progressing smoothly on my Great Baalite Bake Off Flesh Tearers Captain. Yesterday, I realized I needed to make - er, heavily modify - a back torso piece that would fit the Space Marine Company Commander model's cloak. It would have been too easy to just put the cloak on a normal back piece :dry.:. A few cuts with the trusty hobby saw and some razor blade clean up was all it took. Oh, and lots of guestimation, too. We don't measure in my house!

++EDIT++

Left off a "Y" on a word. Doh!

Edited by Mehman

Tried out a new Alpha Legion list. Lost 16-13 but the game went to turn 7 and we both took a hammering, so it wasn't a total loss. Got some ideas for tweaks as well, so hopefully next game'll be better.

Dragonlover

TiTH I took pictures of my most recently completed model for #minaturemonday, and I actually posted them on a Monday!

Now I just have to come up with a good name for the squad. I am pretty awful at naming things.

TITH I received my first ever order from Spellcrow and with my Drake skin cloaks for my Salamanders killteam I discovered in a bag labeled freebies Spellcrow included 2 of their Salamandra melta guns, 4 Salamandra shoulder pads, and 3 loincloths.  Along with a barrel, what looks like 2 Nurgle themed heads, and a plain torso that needs some flash removed.

Honestly I'm ecstatic.  Someone looks at my order and drops in something related to it shows, to me, a little bit of that customer obsession I'm used to hearing in conference calls and reading in emails.  I recognize the strategy, I've even used it before, having ear-marked extras or "perfectly imperfect" items to give out as gifts but even knowing all that the little bit of surprise and joy in getting something personally shopped for you does a hell of a lot for making me want to return as a client.  And return as a client I shall.

received my B@C kit without minis finally!

Read through the rules and looked at the tiles...now I kinda wish I bought the whole box set.

But I'm sticking to my rule - no new plastic before this gathering storm passes by and we get a look at 8th ed. :tu: