Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Hi

​Knight number three continues, although realising that it needs to be done in eight days tells me that's not going to happen. in order to take part in our next Apocalypse game.

Also found out that I'd failed to put the upper leg hydraulics on any of the knights I'd previously thought completed - that will be a priority to sort tomorrow...

Saw custodes are going to finally going g to be available separately so going convert RG into Big E and use him in a custodes force literally going just copy past magnus psychic power onto him with a few tweaks and add 300 points cost for beer hammer games at mine.

Take the best attributes of RG, and Maggie and combine them to approximate the big E. Sounds about right, except let the emperor pick any powers instead of auto knowing tzentch obviously.

TITHI partially built two TH/SS termies and a pair of bolt pistol/ccw armed scouts for my new BT army, going to try undercoating/painting bits separately as needs be. The path to zeal starts here (right after I finish finding a way to paint black decently). That said, I'm still not impressed at the fact I'm going to have to wait until next week to get my hands on Telion, GSIII and the new triumvirate, especially since I ordered it all last Saturday.

Today in the hobby, I realised that my main DIY Chapter will celebrate its 30th year of existence! :blink.: Their first incarnation were blue and black and weren't Iron Hands successors, but after five incarnations that's what they became. I might have to get around to rebooting them, well once I become inclined to do any painting that is... :sad.:

...was found writing some BotL stuff by some fellow car park-dwellers. One of the girls asked if she could read what I was writing, deciding it must be dirty if I refused, and proceeded to read it aloud in a put-on Scottish accent.

...was found writing some BotL stuff by some fellow car park-dwellers. One of the girls asked if she could read what I was writing, deciding it must be dirty if I refused, and proceeded to read it aloud in a put-on Scottish accent.

And they had never heard an epic tale of the far future like that before and fell over in awe...

Continued painting my knight. Got the base coat down on...places...I realised the model is more detailed and larger than I originally thought...then I stopped painting after midnight

Hi

Continued painting my knight. Got the base coat down on...places...I realised the model is more detailed and larger than I originally thought...then I stopped painting after midnight

Yeah, there's a lot of gubbins that I usually paint obsessively on other models - pipes, rivets, etc. I've pretty much done it on the knights, but it's tedious and very time-consuming...

And they had never heard an epic tale of the far future like that before and fell over in awe...

Alas. It was light on the 40Kisms, now I think about it. Let's just say that the Scions Hospitalier were never meant to have perky Scottish accents.

TITHI Finished doing the third layer of silver for my last three paladins, bought twenty plague bearers, base coated my first wulfen, worked on my ten man khornate biker squad some more and painted the new Khârn the betrayer.

Tomorrow i celebrate my 39th birthday, got myself the new primarch rising box and book and the legionnes astartes rules books from forge world, Now all i have to do is wait (impatiently) for them to arrive

TITH I worked on some more marines in between working on my off-army, and was reminded just how much I hate assembling bolter marines from unlabed bits from ebay...can't match any of the arms up, grrr.

Also did some modeling work on a scout sergeant in need of a repaint by adding some cables and a necron deathmark head as a trophy. Did a little greenstuff work on a tac sergeant who's arm didn't want to stay on as well.

Went digging through my desk looking for my mold line removal tool and found some half built  genestealers.

Evidently they have been waiting on me so long they laid their own eggs.   I know I'm a slow painter and all but sheesh, this is a first.

What do you guys think?  Might make good basing material for Lord of Change?   28mm Easter Egg Hunt anyone?   :biggrin.:

http://sinofdamnation.com/images/shared%20pics/space-eggs.jpg

*** PETA disclosure:  no geckos were harmed in this BnC post.  The eggs pictured were carefully relocated to a gecko sanctuary ( crawl space of my home.)

TITD I found out that one of my LFGS (Actually a book-store that carries a lot of games and accessories) had the Space Marine Heroes marked up at the wrong price. Approx. £11 under other stores.

So now my chapter project has
9 Captains
5 Chaplains (+bits for another 6 conversions.)
7 Librarians

note:
I'm not building a 1000 marines Chapter, just one battle company, about half of the 1st Company (25 Terminators, 20 Sternguard) and 1/3 of the 10th with some axillary unites from reserve companies like bikes, land speeders and centurion suits. I will however have a Chapter Master and 10 captains, 11 Chaplains, 8 Librarians and 3 Techmarines.

@ captain lenoch: Check the fore arms of the bolter marines there are three types of them (one with three vents, one with two circles and the last with a zig zag line on them) that'll help matching the mismatched eBay spoils