Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI took a day off work due to a very mild concussion due to being hit in the head yesterday by a box of frozen lamb...don't ask

So I'm working on my Angels' Index Astartes article and helping @Badass_Spaz with his foray into DiY creation.

@Cpt_Reaper - I know its not model related or even frozen lamb related but you should always brush up on your self defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U90dnUbZMmM

I built my first model in years.

Unfortunately it did not go too well (I think I tried to put too much on the model) and bits fell off before they had set and I think the plastic is probably too melted to try and use beyond maybe a battlefield casualty.

It's a shame as I'd spent about 10 minutes working on the posing (using the two handed Chainsword from the FW MkIV set) and it was all going so well. Curse my desire to make these guys WYSIWYG and ensuring they have some ammo pouches. Might have to forgo his pouches next time round to model the pistol (Calth one with grenades attached), Bolter and Meltabomb.

Good job I've got basically another two full sets of B@C to get this down.

I built my first model in years.

Unfortunately it did not go too well (I think I tried to put too much on the model) and bits fell off before they had set and I think the plastic is probably too melted to try and use beyond maybe a battlefield casualty.

It's a shame as I'd spent about 10 minutes working on the posing (using the two handed Chainsword from the FW MkIV set) and it was all going so well. Curse my desire to make these guys WYSIWYG and ensuring they have some ammo pouches. Might have to forgo his pouches next time round to model the pistol (Calth one with grenades attached), Bolter and Meltabomb.

Good job I've got basically another two full sets of B@C to get this down.

If using resin, try super glue like loctite. Works a charm for me... when i do not glue my hands together, that is!!

I've been working on Perry Wars of the Roses after being dragged into the period by my buddy's English father and become enamored by its complex and brutal history. While I've not yet declared for either side in you Brits' fairly nasty affair, my first retinue will be that of John, 9th Baron of Clifford (whom I consider to be perhaps a quintessential WotR personality. That, and he's not represented in their collection yet). After so long working primarily with Space Marines, Orks and other oversized heroic scale models, I will say that actual accurate scale 28mm models are quite challenging and fiddly. Especially as I try to sculpt bevors and other such small details the Perry plastics couldn't include if they wanted to be multi-pose.

I still love 40K as much as ever, but the last few days have been spent painting Warmachine models.  I find it's healthy for a painter to switch up their projects from time to time - it stimulates creativity and the variety keeps things from becoming tedious.

If using resin, try super glue like loctite. Works a charm for me... when i do not glue my hands together, that is!!

Aye, I use superglue for the plastic to resin but for plastic to plastic contact I use plastic glue to theoretically create a better bond.

I think I was just trying to add too much to the model which is a shame as I wanted it to be Wysiwyg but still actually be able to reload his bolter.

TITHI started stripping the paint off of my master of the ravenwing. The front of the jetbike just fell apart making the stripping process easier. Now I'm trying to find a saurian or dragon skull piece to mount on the front where the eagle is.

Today in the hobby I finally started working on my 30k Word Bearers army...there's a long way to go before it's ready for the table and found out that I need some extra bits and transfers, but at least I've started now!
Also made my first 1500pts list for the army as well.

I purchased my very first transport/tank for my Space Marine army: A Deathwatch land raider. Not the wisest purchase I made when I compare it to the option of picking up another Start Collecting FEC box but damn, does it look cool. Besides, I can always get that box at a later time. 

I purchased my very first transport/tank for my Space Marine army: A Deathwatch land raider. Not the wisest purchase I made when I compare it to the option of picking up another Start Collecting FEC box but damn, does it look cool. Besides, I can always get that box at a later time.

I think there is a tutorial on magnetization on here some place. Make sure you can deploy it as any of the three variants.

Aye, I use superglue for the plastic to resin but for plastic to plastic contact I use plastic glue to theoretically create a better bond.

I think I was just trying to add too much to the model which is a shame as I wanted it to be Wysiwyg but still actually be able to reload his bolter.

Ah mine are movie marines with never emptying magazines.

If plastic glue do yoi use tthe stuff with the thin metal rod ?(precision glue I think it is)

Tith almost finished an assault squad

Edited by dantay_xv

TITH, my wife started taking up landscape painting as a hobby and spent 3 solid hours on a piece- giving me the first bit of free time to seriously attack my own painting task on my knight. Got all the major parts done and the fine detailing. Just have the banner and a few other banners I put on there to go.

Also I bought some brown paint and thanked my local gw store owner for putting me onto retributor gold.

Ah mine are movie marines with never emptying magazines.

Since there's no rule for ammo capacity or running out of ammo (though I did like ammo rolls in Necromunda), there's technically no need to reload.  So there's no need to model ammo pouches just so that you can do something that's not even happening.  But you would want to model the bolter itself - whether it's a pistol in a holster or a rifle slung or affixed to the model.  In the fluff, weapons and helmets can magnetically clamp onto the surface of the armor (even though it's covered by a thick layer of ceramic) so you could fasten it to the backpack or even a thigh if you don't have a model of a boltgun with a sling.

DSS7 - paint a tank! :lol:  Seriously, I hope your screens come back with good news.

TITH I painted the holy black out of my tank for the Talon's Reach painting challenge.  If I have another day like today I *might* finish this week, which means I can ... paint yet

a

n

o

t

h

e

r

Rhino.  Man, if I don't get them done now then I never will.

Besides, I have Land Raiders to paint for the ETL to help Codex Forum win this year :wallbash:

Last night I put paint on models for the first time since my son was born. Actually I stopped painting shortly before that. (So 4-5 months)

Then I barely got into it when my wife stopped me. /sigh

Hopefully I get to play a game for the first time since 6th edition tomorrow night.