Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

This thread needs more pictures!

TiTH  my new toys finally arrived.  They indeed took the slow boat to our little island. 

Been reading SWA and listening to some old Voivod.  :thumbsup:

Sticking with SWA / 2nd ed and the start of my forlorn Scout army.  ( Primarius Scouts - i dont think so ).  Also finally got a hold of tellion for the base of my naaman kitbash

20170519 094851

20170519 094946

obviously not swa related but always loved this model and took advantage of weak pound  before GW changed to USD on the website.

20170519 095138

Been reading SWA and listening to some old Voivod.  :tu:

Fine choice of music, sir.

Haha, voivod is the French translation to the dark eldar archon. Now I'm picturing one going to town with a trash metal guitar solo. :lol:

Ah didnt know that. They were from Quebec if I remember correctly.

TithI stared at my marines, chaos marines, mk3 marines, death company, terminators etc...

Wondering how I will truescale everything... it can be dne, but much of it will require refinement of GS skills I have never attempted...

YITHI received an order of five Tartaros Termies and another 30 MkIII Marines. At this point I should have sufficient bodies for the infantry part of my Iron Warriors and Word Bearer armies, and enough termies to run a small sized PotL Night Lords list. (Now if only I could actually give plastic Cataphractii heavy weapons without resorting to buying from FW again)

TITHI decided to not blow hard earned coin on minis for once. Instead I picked up the Leman Russ Primarch novel, then devoured a full english with extra bacon and went back to gw and got Ragnar Blackmane by A D-B and Fabius Bile by Josh Reynolds. Only problem is I dont know what one to read first. :/

TitHI started building some homicidal space fungus...

Also, since the theme came up, I have several books of a series about the salamanders I was given a few months ago... I guess I could read those... I think the titles where "salamander" and "firedrake" and "nocturn" or something like that...

I just sent you a private message about that trilogy.

-

Today in the hobby I've been kicking myself for not downloading the pdf provided years ago by Games Workshop for Codex: Daemonhunters, since that means I can't fish artwork out of it and thus can't create the Art of the Grey Knights thread I wanted to start. D:

I mean, I already own the paperback codex from all those years ago, but it's in my own language and scanning it would murder the spine.

edit: nevermind, problem solved. There should be a new thread in their board before long.

Edited by Knight of the Raven

Yesterday in the hobby I was supposed to play a 30k game, but my opponent couldn't make it.  So I played against my friend's Astral Claws... it was a super bloody game.  Unfortunately the Ultramarines lost, but it was very close!

Forgot to add that my Praetor totally owned Huron... twice!

Edited by robofish7591

yesterday went back into the attic to find my magnets.  found 3 bags of bits i totally forgot I had including some helmet less tactical marine heads which will come in handy for my scouts.  :tu:

A few minutes ago in the hobby I buried General Lukas Alexander's headquarters under a tide of berzerkers, then laughed myself silly as the kasrkins holding the last line in the following cutscene remained motionless as the Word Bearers shot them, because the game registered my stealth upgrade and as such they couldn't see them and thus not fire back. It took raptors swooping down on them to get them to react.

Too late, of course.

Kekeke.

TITH I planned my five units needed for the gold Aquila in the Hidden Hands of the Emperor painting challenge in the RG forum.  If I can bust them out then I may shoot for the Flyer pip :tu: 

If I can get the sponson weapons from Kromlech, then I *might* go for the LoW pip.  Might.  It'll be a stretch though.

Wait... the hidden hands for the emperor topic is a painting thing? Damn, I never looked at it...

TithI felt like a space marine at work...

My earplugs are super effective and I noticed my foot steps sound massive in my head while wearing them and it reminded me of clomping around in thq's "space marine"

Today in the hobby, in the next step of my campaign to conquer all of Kronus, I surrounded the Eldar's last stronghold hidden among the frozen mountains of Tyrea. My forces fortified the three main webway gates which needed to be controlled to achieve victory and stood ready to hold the line as the Eldar tried to reconquer their sole link to their craftworld. Their headquarters were guarded by countless infantry squads, more fire prisms and wraithlords that you could shake a stick at and the Avatar of Khaine himself. A truly formidable force of Ulthwé, more than capable of keeping my Word Bearers at bay.

I only needed to remain in control of the three webway gates for ten minutes to win, and that'd be only a question of patience as the enemy attacked piecemeal. A piece of cake. I just had to wait for ten minutes.

SCREW THAT CHAAAAAAAEEEERRRGGEE!!1!