Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby, I've started to regain my interest in 40k with all the news and fanfare regarding 8e. I may even pick up the Box Set. Heh, I might launch back into my HH Word Bearers again and take a bit of a break from the other Miniatures I've been working on lately.

Edited by Reldn

TITH my White Scar is done, the fluff is written, and the requisite photos are taken. Tonight ITH I begin the slow painful process of uploading pictures. Living far from anywhere has its perks, but fast Internet ain't one of them.

2DA(Two days ago)ITHI received my bitz order from anvil industry, and had the willpower to not immediately get to work on them because I had IRL stuff to do (plus I need new brushes and superglue. Need more of both to get work done on the new stuff).

YITHI I had a flash of inspiration for a story involving primaris marines and my master of the forge, inspired by the anvil order I got yesterday, The blacksmith model is literally head and shoulders taller than a regular marine. imagine a primaris geneforged meeting a normal-sized (relatively) marine who is at eey-level with him. Outside his armor. I think it'd be pretty funny.

TITH I continue to work on the aforementioned story.

TITH I am this >.< close to committing my new Centurions into Heavy Bolter-packing, Hurricane Bolter-shootin' Devastator Centurions.  Although my meta is pretty diverse, the Ork news today is sure to have that army become relatively resurgent.  Then there is the rest of the galaxy to deal with.  The venerable bolter round, in it's many configurations, will be showering the skies across many skies in the foreseeable future.

Today in the hobby I've been wondering whether to buy POP Goes the MONKEY's iron-pattern War Hounds and troops shoulder pads for the two 'tactical assault' squads I'm planning to use the plastic mark III space marines for.

Too bad he's got not aquila-pattern World Eaters shoulder pads, that'd have been nice to provide some variety to the tactical squad I'm currently building and painting, seeing as I have only rimless pads available for them right now.

Today in the hobby, I started sorting through all my WB project sprues and realized that I have a ton of Mk. III and IV to assemble along with a lot of FW upgrades and Choom to go along with them. *sighs* I really need to get working on this crazy backlog of miniatures I have accumulated. Both HH/40k and other games.

Not much in terms of hobbyness.  

Anyways waiting to see Dark Angels Faction Focus on the WH Community -  I'm guessing the Chapters will be last.  

Drilled out a few bolters and found an old copy of  Dawn of War 2 -  yes you read that correctly TWO.  Installed it on my laptop to take on vacation to the States next month.

Got a bunch of marines and vehicles primed and started doing some test runs of the colour scheme for my Howling Griffons. I am pleasantly surprised at how non-horrible it is to paint a quartered scheme.

Today in the hobby I made a future-proofing list for my Astral Claws (items to be bought at the end of each month-ish) and bought one of each of the box dreadnoughts.

Shut up, I am not paranoid.

After years of waffling, I saw a thread here on B&C that made me FINALLY settle on a color scheme for my DIY Chapter (The Sons of Thunder) so I started putting together a Tactical Squad...

...and I had what I thought was a great idea!

In order to show my chapter's long and glorious history (and to mix things up a little) I decided to make up a couple of my Mk.IV marines armed with bolters from the Tac Squad.

30K armor with 40K bolters!

So far, I like it.

I think I'm a genius or something.

Once they get primed and I start throwing paint on them, I'll know for sure if it's as good an idea as I think it is.

TITHI debated what to do with the ten Cataphractii and ten Tartaros-pattern termies I have. I've got the Praetor Tribune in Tartaros, plus Steloc Aethon and the Primus Medicae in Cataphractii. I feel like I'm on some weird Terminator fixation, because I'm also doing up five BT hammernators. Don't really want to use all the HH stuff for my IF's or IW's because I've got fixed ideas of what I want to do with them in my head, and termies don't have a place in either. Could always do them up as Night Lords or maybe Sons of Horus I suppose.

Also manfully resisted the temptation to build my Contemptor-Achillus. The shiny must wait until the drudge of old iron has been finished.

Went to the gaming store and bought 8 new colors so now I finally might have all colors I need for both my Tyranid and Space Wolves color schemes. Just gotta figure out brown colors for the wolf pelts. Got 2 minor essays to write this week but hopefully I can get some more progress on the painting.

Also accidently got a box of Space Wolf Terminators with me ;) Maby stupid to gamble when 8th is so close but they look awesome so couldnt resist.