Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I picked up the 8th edition game, new White dwarf and Imperiam (SM ) index !  :teehee: :yes: :biggrin.: :smile.: :thumbsup: :HQ: :Elite: :Troops: :HS: :FA:

Now to find time to build some of the Primus marines.   Any one want  to buy the nurgle ones contact me as I will never use them!

TITHI found I was in the minority over the xenos inclusion.

I came here to get away from all the :censored: from other sites and enjoy the IOM based stuff here.

A big part of me has died realising that the leadership made such a change and all the :censored: will eventually make its way here because of it.

The BnC has and the ethos behind it has been diluted and polluted by these changes

I will avoid the xenos faction forums like the plague, and will hope no xenos garbage makes its way into my threads somehow... Also wish the forge was split so Xenos could keep their stuff separate to what is already there.

Sad day (in my opinion) for the BnC

TITH I continued my steady pace of kitbashing. This is the summer where the winters are long and cold: I've been working tons of hours at work. But have maintained a steady pace. Maybe I can split the atom and participate in the hobby in the hot months :)

YITH I finally picked up my 8th BRB and Index Imperium 1 & 2. As I delve into these tomes, I have realized I have a bit of perma-grin. I need to play a couple of games before I pass judgement. There are things I don't like on paper. But there are many things I do. Time will tell. But as GW has said time and again, "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Today in the hobby, I received my Dark Imperium Box Set, FW Index: Forces of Chaos and Forces of the Astartes, and Mk.III Word Bearers Pauldrons. :wub:

TITH I finished the second five of my Blood Claws up to what I consider a usable standard.

THere's going to be five more BC as that's what came in the box and, honestly, I'd rather put them together to go in the same pack so I can have a big pack of 15 even though I might only normally use ten of them at a time.

But having the full 15 will be nice in the event that I want to field a massive blob of BC.

Today in the hobby I was reading through some info on the FW Imperial Guard Index and I realized I desperately want to get some Hades Breaching Drills and paint them up in the colors of the VII Legion. Then I realized that there'd really be way I could practically utilize the rules to support that particular choice that would be commonly accepted by the pool of opponents I have access to, seeing as how... unique the rules for Hades have been in the past and continue to be - irregardless of the niche role they serve and their practicality. Then I realized - I honestly don't much care. I still want to get several. To blazes with the actual tabletop - I rarely play at any rate, haven't in about a year or so - I want to build this, maybe eventually paint them, and write some backstory about it.

It's freeing, this realization. Modeling has always been my priority when it comes to the hobby, but the intent has always been supported with the rules in mind. The revelation that I am perfectly capable (psychologically speaking, I fully understand that there's never been anything physically infringing on my ability to do this - I'm not completely crazy, just a little bit) of building and painting units and models that have nothing to do with the tabletop is a relief, and it's inspiring me - already I'm kicking around a few ideas, most developed from already existent ones, that have nothing to do with the rules as GW and FW have presented (though their influence still exists to a degree.) So... yeah. Weights off my mind.

TITH I built the last five of my Blood Claws pack... bringing the total to 15.

They're all ready to get undercoated in the morning.

By this time tomorrow night I expect that they'll have a good amount of paint on them. At least the basics.

What I am proudest of, with this pack, is that I only used one duplicate head. So only two of them will look alike... even though I plan on having them have very different hair colors to help distinguish them from each other.

@Soldier of Dorn, welcome to the wonderful world of model-what-you-want and to heck with the rules. There are advantages to being just a little crazy. :)

The Hades Breaching Drills are awesome. I've got two built and primed to go into my combined VII Legion/Ordo Reductor force. (That would be the force that will be a big diorama if I live long enough.) I can't wait to get some yellow paint on and weather the blazes out of them!

Today in the hobby, I finally rebuilt Squad Thenulaen after almost four years of languishing in a half chunked state in my carrying case. Ah the joys of moving three times in one year (almost two and a half years ago now).

It felt really good to get them together, and only seven more squads to assemble and I can finally start on my Dark Imperium box.

TITHI Picked up the chaos index, started working out a death guard (battalion detachment) army list, got to fast attack and found out no more bikers for nurgle. (GRRR)

After having done some nice little conversion work to make those guys look good  (ok gooey might be a better word choice) I'm kinda ticked off at their disappearance, as raptors and warp talons are out as well it just leaves us with spawn and bloat drones in fast attack while this fits the fluff, it still ticks me off that my bikers will have to be destroyed and recycled.

So i painted the gravis captain in smurf blue with first company trim and got my first bloat drone to the final wash stage before i go back and do all the puss, lesions and etc

YITH I stumbled across my old Battle for Macragge box while cleaning out the shed.

All of the terrain pieces are still on sprues inside. They will combine nicely with the terrain I have in the basement from Mordheim and a few scratch built pieces I'll be making myself.

It was a nice surprise. It means my home built gaming table plans just went from a few hundred dollars to about $50.