Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

I finished a Canoness I'd found in the back of the drawer that must have been there unpainted for 10 years. Modded her with a Contemptor Boltgun and extened the hilt on her chainsword so that I can call it an Eviscerator if I wish. :)

T(Y)ITH my son (aged 8) built the entirety of the Start Collecting: Orks set, by himself, without help. I am very proud.

I, meanwhile, staggered on with the Primaris from Know No Fear, with just the Inceptors to build up now.

I'm probably going to go back to GW and pick up First Strike this week, too, just so we can play on a 4x4 board with some super basic terrain. Also I actually quite like the Primaris figures... *weeps in High Gothic*

TITH I joined the forums. I also am working on putting blood effects into my water effects on my bases to make it look like blood is flowing. Turned out well and I'll get a better look when I get from work. Water Effects take a looooooong time to dry...

YITH I finished converting my Inceptors to have domed faceplates instead of helmets. Makes them look more capable of orbit-ground insertion.

Gonna be undercoating them after work. Might even do a bit more on my Angels of Redemption Terminators.

YITH was my first day back in the hobby since the beginning of 4th edition!  

Split my time between my Guard and my Marines - finished building and converting my command Chimera, and also started putting together the Intercessor squad I traded for - looking forward to converting them into Raptors! Hoping to get stuff painted sometime next week.   

Also, this is my first post in almost 8 years...good to be back.  

Today in the hobby, I replaced the bare-heads with helmets on the Primaris marines....I just now have a helmeted sergeant with another helmet attached to his hip... :sweat:

I also couldn't help myself and pre-ordered the CE Codex.

Today in the hobby, I replaced the bare-heads with helmets on the Primaris marines....I just now have a helmeted sergeant with another helmet attached to his hip... :sweat:

I also couldn't help myself and pre-ordered the CE Codex.

Paint it as a trophy?relic?

TITH I took inventory of my traitor guard until my cat tried to nap on them, I worked on potential lists in case I ever play, and painted 2 disciples, 3 Khornate Enforcers conversions, and a Malefic Lord conversion. My cat tried to help with that too.

Paint it as a trophy?relic?

Aye, I'm probably going to treat it as a helmet recovered from a close comrade who fell in battle.

Hobbywise I've not done too overly much today. Getting ready to throw together the Easy-to-Assemble Death Guard and Poxwalkers.

YITH I lost a game because killing Huron have my opponent six victory points. He had Assassinate, Witch Hunter, No Prisoners and Kingslayer, and he was my Warlord. I'd have probably won if not for that, as it was I lost by a point.

Dragonlover

Pics or it didn't happen!

YITH I went to a new-to-me store and played a game. Met some nice guys and had fun learning the new edition. I. HATE. IRON. HANDS. I did kill Guilliman so I got a bit of a moral victory!

TITH I finally opened up my Dark Emperium box and was very impressed with what was in it. :thumbsup:  I cut off two of the Primaris Space Marine Intercessor figures as I want to see how they compare to my regular marines.  I will sell off the Death Guard models as I only build Space Marines.  :biggrin.:   I still have to think if I will buy any other Primas Marines  as I no longer play.   I just like to build and paint to suit myself.  I also enjoy reading all the background material especially Black Library stuff.