Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITH I finally got some AoS Gors and Genestealer acolytes to kitbash into Black Legion cultists.

...I hope they turn out well.

Ooh, I never thought of that. Gonna file that one away for future use.

Dragonlover

TITH I picked up a second box of Militarium Tempestus and some Barbed Bracken for my colourful overgrown deathworld Marine bases, look forward to trying those out in time.

Now to work out how best to shade the white silver armour on my Scions...

TITH I finally got my arse back in gear, by starting to build up some more of my Primaris miniatures I binge-bought when Dark Imperium hit. My first 10-man Intercessor squad is still on my desk awaiting finishing, but even with grey plastic on the board I can atleast play some small games to get my enthusiasm going again.

The good news is I have all my squad markings now for my Intercessors, so I can actually finish them!

TITHI got a game in at the local shop with my guard and somehow managed to actually win against Marines. The evening was spent painting up 20 more Valhallan models to act as very heavy conscripts because I have them and why not, ya know.

I have been painting the Easy to Build Intercessors as Iron Hands, partly because I was inspired by a Primaris Captain posted on Twitter one of the hosts of the Miniatures Monthly podcast, and partly because I wanted a short-lived project to scratch my hobby itch while I didn't really have time to commit to finishing my 30K Betrayal at Calth Iron Hands Taskforce (which is being painted in a different, metallic green scheme for . . . reasons).

It's been a good change of pace. I even enjoyed figuring out how to paint the bolt rifles with white cases like Iron Hands use in their codex imagery, although I wouldn't paint them that way long-term even if I were collecting a true Iron Hands force.

Coincidentally, like Ace Debonair above me, I've developed a way of painting black armour that I really like, though by the sounds of it mine is a bit simpler than his:

• Spray undercoat with Chaos Black
  • Base coat with Abaddon Black
  • Edge highlight with Dawnstone
  • All-over shade with Nuln Oil

The Dawnstone highlights are very stark when first applied, but the wash brings them back down to a nice balance.

While I need to finish my Taskforce, and I intend to keep a promise to my 14-year-old self to make Thousand Sons my next project, after that I think my next project will be a new Primaris Iron Hands successor combining the colours of the Sons of Medusa I've painted before with the split colour scheme of the Iron Lords.

TITH I painted some T'au, the Ghostkeel is quite a nice kit. I might mix in some Gue'vasa in the Fire Warrior teams now initiative isn't an issue.

Would love to see your stuff posted in the tau sub forum, trying to get some stuff on my tau done and posted there to push the tau sub along

TITH I painted some T'au, the Ghostkeel is quite a nice kit. I might mix in some Gue'vasa in the Fire Warrior teams now initiative isn't an issue.

Would love to see your stuff posted in the tau sub forum, trying to get some stuff on my tau done and posted there to push the tau sub along

Well TITH I got about 60% of the Ghostkeel done so as soon as I have it picture worthy I'll post some shots in there. ;)

TITH I finally got my minis back (lost my flat in feb, been sofa surfing until a few months ago) and I aint painted since the ETL.

Im itching to get the brushes out, Slaves gonna go on a hobby mad one.

I WILL PAINT THE WORLD!!!!

TITH adding Chapter 86 to my list Angels of Damnation. Also had a game of SW my Astral Hawks Primaris kill team took out some Tau and took all their stash plus will be having a cook out with their Space Wolves hosts .

Edited by deathspectersgt7

TITH I bought all new paints and brushes from warcolours, and 1 of each of the primaris units, plus some stuff from Kromlech and Anvil industries. This will keep m busy for a long while!

Woke up at 1am to upload some work to a server.   Started scanning my Citadel and Vallejo Paints into my new Paint App!  Even figured out how I can make notes on which paints I used to paint my armies.  

happy times.

TITH, I got my Salamanders Company Veterans painted to table top standard, I'm getting really close to finishing my army.

It's 90% finished.

I have a Stormraven, Razorback, 5 Terminators, 5 Sternguard Vets and a Terminator Librarian and my Salamanders are finished until I buy something else to add.