Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI Have a victory to report, around 100 orks (including vehicles)  vs 15 custodes, 3 land raiders and a pair of primaris psykers, imperial losses two land raiders and three custodes

ork losses ninety odd models including all of their vehicles

By turn five he literally had the gretchin gun crew from a mek gun, a weirdboy and kaptain badrukk left on the table (forgive me if I've gotten the name of the flash git special character wrong, it's the one with the pirate hat and dakka gun of :censored:  awesomeness)

Ok i did make a mathematically impossible amount of 5++ and 6+ ignore wound saves for my land raiders and the custodes themselves but the custodes are just beastly in combat (one five man unit got charged by 27 orks and wiped it out in two rounds of combat for the loss of one custode to a power claw hit) I just wish we had a 40k HQ choice in our list that and access to our forge world goodies and I'd be almost tempted to retire my grey knights for a year or so:biggrin.:

Needless to say i sacrificed some bacon to the dice gods when i got home, they deserved it:wink:

TITH made a small-ish order to get into a new Chapter, in the hopes that doing something different might drag me back into the rhythm of the hobby.

Hopefully that order included rattle cans of primer! :biggrin.:

Ha, no, I'm afraid not. Fortunately those are easily acquired, though, and seeing as I'll have to make a grocery run today, I'm almost certain to restock then. :)

Today in the Hobby I'm still working on my WIP Patient Zero: Chaos Daemons + Astra Militarum Artillery army, but I also painted this for no good reason:

gallery_57329_13636_520192.jpg

While I was waiting for some Nurglings to dry, I was fixing my tape measure. It's one of those regular hardware shop ones. Had to take it apart, take out a thing that served no purpose but was getting caught in the tape, took off the wrist strap and the belt clip so we never use it on the tabletop.

One thing lead to another and I converted the tape measure into a Mechanicus surveying tool what with the cog and all.

TWITH  -  Reading Inquisition War by Ian Watson for a 2nd time around. 

Until they start making large print 40k books for us old guys and I had to bust out an old epub file I could enlarge and read at night by candlelight.